Xbox 2 coming THIS YEAR

I hope it'll be released quickly in Europe, can't wait til ****ing Mars 2k6 :\

AmishSlayer said:
Doesn't PS3 use some "Cell" chip that is 4 processors-in-one sorta? I read that a while ago in a newspaper. I think I'll be going with PS3 when it eventually drops in price.

I still don't believe the cell processor hype from Sony. Either the performance is going to be lacking or they will have troubles producing chips in sufficient quantities. One of the two, the cell chip has an extremely tight schedule. Especially since its been delayed several times.

Prince of China said:
I hope that they really make an Otogi game on the Xbox 2.
This time, it won't be the sleeper hit.

You mention Otogi in every post ;)

It's a very good game, but not that great. Stylish, and very destructive :)

For me it's all about Perfect Dark Zero (or what ever it ends up being called) Just imagine next gen gfx/physics with the gameplay of Golden Eye/Perfect Dark. That would surely be the best shooter ever made \o/ (and worth the price of an Xbox 2 on its own)

Fingers crossed rare still have the talent to pull it off.

X-Box 2. Even more bulk!

Should be their slogan.

Warbie said:

For me it's all about Perfect Dark Zero (or what ever it ends up being called) Just imagine next gen gfx/physics with the gameplay of Golden Eye/Perfect Dark. That would surely be the best shooter ever made \o/ (and worth the price of an Xbox 2 on its own)

I think I'll go change my name to Raikoh!
:D
I'm really interested in that game.

Warbie said:

Yes, Perfect Dark Zero is a serious deciding matter for me. If Rare have what it takes (and I believe they most certainly do), then PDZ is going to be awesome.

My xbox broke after only afew months, screw xbox2 >_>

Funny stuff about the XBox 2.....Microsoft is running around scooping up patents and such on cartridge technology....hmmm.

I saw this at Gamespot.com...it says nothing of them switching to cartridge for games, but it's interesting what they're doing none the less. Curious..

DarkStar said:
I'm guessing $300.

That's generally the price of new consoles when they come out.

Try $700. Yeah, I'll probably hold out for the PS3, always preferred PlayStation games.

mortiz said:
Try $700. Yeah, I'll probably hold out for the PS3, always preferred PlayStation games.

Like FF8 ;)

mortiz said:
I'm unsure what you mean by that, but Final Fantasy 8 was a great game!

hehe - it's just the only time I ever here that game mentioned is by you :)

Warbie said:
hehe - it's just the only time I ever here that game mentioned is by you :)

It was one of my favourite games on the PS1, so I'll obviously mention it if I'm posting in a thread about great games.

I`m buying both the PS3 and the next Xbox. Are your biased hearts boiling yet?

Not really, I'm buying both too seeing as XB2'll prolly be released winter 2k5 and PS3 summer 2k6 so I'll have plenty of time to save up cash, love me yet?:p

Cerpin said:
I`m buying both the PS3 and the next Xbox. Are your biased hearts boiling yet?

No - but how any gamer could miss out on any Nintendo console honestly baffles me (by doing that you're guaranteed to miss out on some of the best games around)

PS3 and X-box 2 will probably cost as much as PS2 and X-box when they got released.

So my guess is PS3 will cost around $645 and X-Box 2 around $715.

Not new info but some people might not have seen this: -

http://www.xbox365.com/gdb/images/EEpkFVlFylxJoRQVEc/Xbox_Next_1.jpg

That is a rendering made using technology that simulates the specifications of the XboxNext, giving us an idea of the kind of graphics we can easily expect to see in the next gen consoles.

Remeber that the consoles will be putting this kind of stuff out in high definition.

*drools*

Guys, early 2004, in Mars, MS released techdemos for the XBN technology if I remember correctly? One was of a racing game where a car run in very high speed and crashed into a wall, according to microsoft the "calculations" of the deformation of the car was done realtime by the XBN? Or wait, it was Xenon/Xeon or something like that but I think it was the XBN? It sure as hell looked like a nextgen game engine.

Yeah that was just the programming language and development studio they were demo'ing there... they were using ATi X800 XTs for that.

dont really care what xbox 2 has its going to be just like all the other consoles about 6 months after its released computer hardware will be released that will out preform it. If pcs dont already out preform it when its released.

This will continue to happen until they offer upgrades on consoles, by then it will be a pc really . They already seem to get more and more like them on each release.

I really dont want to buy any console I have no love for them. They need a console thats universal and work more on the games. Its rediculous to play any game that comes out you have to own 3 systems. console crap is so corprate bs.

Ever since I got into a series of games, that was on a system. Then another system bought the rights to it and I couldnt play it anymore I lost all love for consoles.

Smack500 said:
dont really care what xbox 2 has its going to be just like all the other consoles about 6 months after its released computer hardware will be released that will out preform it. If pcs dont already out preform it when its released.

I'd agree if pc games could match console titles.

Unfortunately the vast majority of quality games these days come out on consoles. Of course, this is just my opinion, but titles like HL2, Rome and WoW are very few and far between.

Each console usually lasts a good 2-3 years. A pc that will last the same amount of time will cost as much, if not more, than all of them put together. It won't have as many great games, though (even now, near the end of this generation of consoles, there are better titles than the pc has to offer. Again, imo ;))

*goes back to playing Resident Evil 4*

Looks like i will wait yet again another 2 years for the price to drop. In fact Halo 3 will be out by that time so yeah :p

There are more kick-ass sword fighting games on consoles than the PC. I think I'll get an Xbox 2, but I'll see.

DarkStar said:
I hope its backwards compatible.
me too. And that they keep the existing XBL structure so that you can transfer your account.

I read on the forums on the site that was posted that you will need a High Def TV in order to get the best out of your Xbox2. I quess im going to go find one for under 2 grand, because I want the best graphics I can get from the Xbox2....it's also time for me to switch to Hi Def anyways.

Warbie said:
I'd agree if pc games could match console titles.

Unfortunately the vast majority of quality games these days come out on consoles. Of course, this is just my opinion, but titles like HL2, Rome and WoW are very few and far between.

Each console usually lasts a good 2-3 years. A pc that will last the same amount of time will cost as much, if not more, than all of them put together. It won't have as many great games, though (even now, near the end of this generation of consoles, there are better titles than the pc has to offer. Again, imo ;))

*goes back to playing Resident Evil 4*

Yes Ill agree if you compare all 3 consoles to the pc then they do have more quality titles. But also if your going to bring prices into it. Dont forget what a high preformance computer can do besides gaming that youll have access to. Im betting your not accessing this forum on your xbox. whens the last time you edited a picture, copied a dvd or cd, or worked at home on your xbox. I know this is off topic in a gaming forum but dont bring up price diffrences when anyone can see a pc is much more worth the money.

The only reason I prefer consoles over PCs are that you always know the game will run like a star on your system ;) My PC will be having trouble with say ES4, and since it's supposedly a launch title for the XB2 I'll get that instead of a new comp, and also, by 2006/2007 HDTV is supposed to be the new standard here so.(Lol, that's acctually funny, plasma TVs dont support it and here in Sweden it'll be a new standard in like 2 year, so those who go buying plasma TVs won't be able to watch TV here XD)

Anyway.
PC > Consoles graphicwise.
Console > PC many good games wise.
But let us then again remember the emus for the PCs, ZSNES, GENS, I can enjoy all this lovely retro games, plus, some of the best games ever are DOS only :)

Everyone has their own opinion and this is mine.

Pc's own consoles in every way.

Seriously just about every console game there is, is all about button smashing.

Oh and yes feed Microsoft more power. Kneel before them. Become their slaves for eternity.

Warbie said:

That's not a very good point. PC's cost so much becuase their more than a game machines. Thats why people buy them.

THe whole consoles are cost effective argument holds no ground. Buy a console and your buying a gaming rig. Buy a PC and your getting so much more.

Kyo said:
Pc's own consoles in every way.

Seriously just about every console game there is, is all about button-smashing

THe whole consoles are cost effective argument holds no ground. Buy a console and your buying a gaming rig. Buy a PC and your getting so much more.

I agree with you 100%

Besides, the graphics don't make the game... If we are talking about that :|

Smack500 said:
Yes Ill agree if you compare all 3 consoles to the pc then they do have more quality titles. But also if your going to bring prices into it. Dont forget what a high preformance computer can do besides gaming that youll have access to. Im betting your not accessing this forum on your xbox. whens the last time you edited a picture, copied a dvd or cd, or worked at home on your xbox. I know this is off topic in a gaming forum but dont bring up price diffrences when anyone can see a pc is much more worth the money.

Agreed. I was merely saying that for gaming, consoles offer a greater choice of higher quality titles (the GC alone has had more quality games than the pc over the last few years - imo) In this respect they do offer greater value for money.

(of course, much depends on the type of game you like. The pc does excell in some areas - online fps, rts, mmorpg etc)

It's a very exciting time to be a gamer at the moment. Never have so many excellent games come out in such a short period of time. Many more will be released over the next few months. As a pc fan it pains me that only a handful of these are on the pc. (as good as HL2 is - i've finished it 3 times now. A great game every 4-5 years isn't enough)

lePobz said:
I love how you sourced the rogue site xbox-scene. :D

I was a player in the xbox hacking scene back in the day. I created the first ever Xbox game mod (before modchips) by altering files on the hard drive. I was a forum moderator on xboxhacker.net, the site that was solely responsable for the hacking of the xbox.

I'm looking forward to the release of this console. We're gonna tear this puppy up!!

I hope it comes with a harddrive!

Kyo said:
Seriously just about every console game there is, is all about button smashing.

Oh come on. Is it really worth me listing all the many 100's of excellent console titles that have nothing to do with 'button smashing'?

You like pc games more - good :)

Horses for courses.

I don't think alot of excellent games are coming out, and alot of these games we call "excellent" steal alot of ideas from old games, say STALKER, sure not the same story but there're games with the basically same focus, aside from not being FPS but 3rd person.
RE4 is probably the best game this year and should recieve a GOTY award imo, I'm buying a GC just for it, alot of credit to the devs for reviving a severly rehashed(in terms of gameplay) series.

Gargantou said:
I don't think alot of excellent games are coming out, and alot of these games we call "excellent" steal alot of ideas from old games, say STALKER, sure not the same story but there're games with the basically same focus, aside from not being FPS but 3rd person.
RE4 is probably the best game this year and should recieve a GOTY award imo, I'm buying a GC just for it, alot of credit to the devs for reviving a severly rehashed(in terms of gameplay) series.

Stalker could easily end up as a crock of shite ;) (it's going to take alot more than fancy screenshots and ambition) Hopefully it'll be an amazing game - we'll see.

I agree about RES 4 - it's absolutely fantastic (would have been GOTY last year imo) and worth the price of a GC alone.

Want a reason why consoles have so many great titles.

The large majority of ignorant users are wowed by anything.

Car go boom. Wow.

Compatibilty isn't an issue. I've been to a games studio where a few people where working on car models. All they had to do was click a button and it fired up on the x-box.

Putting that aside lets say there are a few amazing console games. I simply buy a copy and fire it up on an emulator. Instantly saving $200-$300.

Is there a XB emu that plays more more than 1 commercial game out there? Tell me, PLEASE!:) Or a PS2 one? Or a GC one? Oh do tell me Kyo, sorry if I sound rude, just wondering..

Warbie, from the STALKER SP previews I've read in recent magazines the game is gonna be great, alot of the elements they promised are ingame and the game is very survival based.

Back