XFIRE/Clan Organization

Name: Ennui
Clan: in
Roles: Assault / Squad Leader preferable :) much experience in this area in DoD, CS:S, and BF1942
Vehicles: Drive ground vehicles, tag along or gun in helicopters.
Team Work: Certainly, but I'm a bit of a leader :|
Game Time: A lot.
Mic/Headset: Plantronics DSP .90 Headset
Xfire: ennuisatyagraha

Xfire: axyon
Clan: Yes
Roles: Support, others possibly once I get to play around with them.
Vehicles: Anything
Mic/headset?: Sennheiser PC-150, baby.
Teamwork?: You betcha.
Average game time per week?: As much as possible.

Name: vorac1ous
Clan: No.
Roles: Medic, medic, and more medic.
Vehicles: Can't hand out health and drive at the same time!...

Vorac1ous said:
Vehicles: Can't hand out health and drive at the same time!...
yes you can :) when a medic is in a vehicle it has a heal radius, that heals all within the vacinity.

OK then. Sorry about the noobness, I've never played a Battlefield game you see.

Vorac1ous said:
OK then. Sorry about the noobness, I've never played a Battlefield game you see.
it's a new feature only in BF2.
no worries however :)

Name: Asus
Clan: in
Roles: Any that need filled. I can do all pretty well. I do whatever it takes to take flags. ;)
I'm good against vehicles as well.
Vehicles: Main tanks, Heli and planes.
Team Work: Certainly, but I'm a bit of a leader
Game Time: A lot
Xfire: lsasus

Axyon said:

I see you got the PC-150 , my man :thumbs:

Axyon said:

So how are they? Give us a detailed description

Also how long is the mic?

I'm in love with them. They're a very comfortable fit (although I initially put them on the wrong way round because of their build, then realised that the microphone would drop down to the back of my head), with extra padding for the bracket at the top of the head. Incredibly light, and you can push the microphone into a vertical position when you're not using it, so it's very inobtrusive.

The microphone itself is near-crystal clear, the noise-cancelling feature really works well. The mic is positioned off to the left of your mouth, and not in-front, which is better, and it's about an inch away from your mouth.

They do a fairly good job of blocking external noise out, but they're not fully over-the-ear headphones. That said, they do a pretty bad job of containing the noise itself, heh... the bass is very meaty and sound quality is very clear indeed. These + my iRiver = heaven.

Definitely recommend them, especially when they're £40 at komplett, and 60 elsewhere.

Axyon said:
I'm in love with them. They're a very comfortable fit (although I initially put them on the wrong way round because of their build, then realised that the microphone would drop down to the back of my head), with extra padding for the bracket at the top of the head. Incredibly light, and you can push the microphone into a vertical position when you're not using it, so it's very inobtrusive.

The microphone itself is near-crystal clear, the noise-cancelling feature really works well. The mic is positioned off to the left of your mouth, and not in-front, which is better, and it's about an inch away from your mouth.

They do a fairly good job of blocking external noise out, but they're not fully over-the-ear headphones. That said, they do a pretty bad job of containing the noise itself, heh... the bass is very meaty and sound quality is very clear indeed. These + my iRiver = heaven.

Definitely recommend them, especially when they're £40 at komplett, and 60 elsewhere.

Thanks for that. But shouldn't the mic be infront of your mouth?
I had the P130 and the mic was about the same distance as yours and I couldn't hear my self talk with the mic.

Nabobalis said:
Thanks for that. But shouldn't the mic be infront of your mouth?
I had the P130 and the mic was about the same distance as yours and I couldn't hear my self talk with the mic.
Nah, it's absolutely fine. I can hear it perfectly clearly.

most mics on headsets sit slightly to the side of your mouth, not in front of it, this gets rid of the *hissing/air* sound from when you talk or breathe.

mine is the same ;) nice mini review you have there Axyon, sounds good... how's the Mic quality? have you tried recording it and listening to it? or playing any games with it yet?

my mic is perfect.. cant wait to talk to you guys.. put a voice to the name...(accent)

KoreBolteR said:
my mic is perfect.. cant wait to talk to you guys.. put a voice to the name...(accent)

Never heard a welsh accent before. Is it strong or weak?

Mr. Redundant said:
Yoes
you have been warned

is that seriously your voice?

wow you sound cool. :E

or is that not your voice.. am i being gullible... :rolling:

KoreBolteR said:
is that seriously your voice?

wow you sound cool. :E

or is that not your voice.. am i being gullible... :rolling:
that's my voice.
as for sounding cool... nuh uh.
no matter what I play someone always has to say something about my accent :rolling:

i know all the cool kids have xfire, but i dont. where can i get it?

I'd love to join

Xfire(freshly downloaded): emmdoubleew
Clan: Looks like the clan already has a billion members, but if you're up for one more, count me in.
Roles & Vehicles: I'd rather play the game before I decide. Personally, I'm looking forward to sniper or spec-ops, but I just might play Med.

TheSomeone said:
What accent.
South african, and you will notice it if you play in a squad with me, that little clip was done in a funny fashion.
I tend to speak more like an American, as a lot of Americans could not understand me sometimes my accent was so thick.

so I conciously emulate the accent. (wich you can probably hear in the before mentioned clip)
and I LOATHE when people tell me I sound australian, I don't even like the ozzy accent (no offense, but it's weird when people tell me I sound like you guys)

click to be >>> OWNEDBYMONKEYS!! <<<

Xfire: iamjohn
Loc: Chicago
Clan: HL2.net
Roles: Snipper, Special Ops
Rollz: Closest thing with the keys in it =D

Mr. Redundant said:
South african, and you will notice it if you play in a squad with me, that little clip was done in a funny fashion.
I tend to speak more like an American, as a lot of Americans could not understand me sometimes my accent was so thick.

so I conciously emulate the accent. (wich you can probably hear in the before mentioned clip)
and I LOATHE when people tell me I sound australian, I don't even like the ozzy accent (no offense, but it's weird when people tell me I sound like you guys)

click to be >>> OWNEDBYMONKEYS!! <<<
Say something without trying to emulate an American accent, I have never heard a South African accent outside of Lethal Weapon 2.

xfire: babyheadcrab
role: dont care, just want to have fun :)
prefered vehicle / gun: big onez!!11oneone

xfire - Glirk
role - pwnager
prefered vehicle - the one that shoots...

OK, I just got myself an Xfire account. Installing it after I downloaded the demo. My username is:

eventrollsloverockandroll

Xfire: arlando
Clan: None
Roles: Any
Vehicles: Support for any vehicles

Xfire: lethal8472
Role: any
clan: I would like to join
Position: any

hey does the bf2 demo work for you guys in Xfire? what I mean is when one of your buddies on Xfire is in a server, does it show him in the server and give you the ability to right click his name and join game?

for me, I can only see that they are in bf2 demo, it doesn't have all the info it usually does. but it does show the server ip on the right windows, but still it sucks compared to what i know xfire is capable of

Back