Yes yes, april fools and whatever. I know. But I am actually leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
The Krynn you have all come to know and love (the 72nd) is, for all intents and purposes, leaving hl2.net. Its come to my attention that my life would be fairly significantly improved if I were to stop wasting so much time here.

I have discovered over the past several weeks that many of my personal goals ive set have been put off due to procrastination through this site. I wanted to have my new demo reel half done by this point, and I havent even started it. Whenever I felt like working I'd come here for a few minutes, and end up spending hours refreshing and waiting for someone to post something. I totally lose track of time while on here.

Another reason is that I kind of want to distance my real self from my online persona. A bunch of you guys know who I am IRL, and a bunch of people I know IRL know Krynn72. Its starting to become a bit of a problem, as I am two fairly different people depending on who I am speaking as. If I ever join a bigger game developer and people find out about it, I dont want people being all like "OMG Krynn72 said this and this DO U GUISE THINK HE WAS TALKING ABOUT *insert game title here*?!?!?!" I am also a much larger douchebag online than I am in real life, so I dont want that to hold me down either.

So yeah. I know, I picked a terrible day for this, and I'm not quite sure how to prove that I am sincere. I suppose once I haven posted back here in several weeks you'll know. I'll probably come by once in a blue moon to say something, but I will actively try to become a stranger around these parts. I know that if I just try and cut back, it wont work because I have already tried that and failed hard.

So goodbye sweet internet friends. Fare thee well.
-Krynn72

TL;DR: I'm out bitches. And its no april fools joke.

No, it's probably like Jane from the Ender series. He'll probably be back at some point, posting every once in a while, but it will never be like before.

Anyways good luck with life and what-not!

Ya rite, see ya in a few days.

They always come back.

He's going to change his name. At least that's what I'd assume from his post.

Krynn... if your bitch ass does end up leaving, you better leave yourself available to me to talk about modeling when I have a question.

OTHERWISE I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND SLAY YOU.

No, it's probably like Jane from the Ender series. He'll probably be back at some point, posting every once in a while, but it will never be like before.

Anyways good luck with life and what-not!

If that's spoilers from beyond Xenocide I'm gonna ge pissed.

Probably bullshit, very believably written.

Seeya Krynn.

Come back when you finish that demo reel.

It won't be the same without you and yo' dog.

I feel like the only way I could ever seriously leave hl2.net was to ask for a ban.

Speaker for the Dead foo', when he turns off the jewel.

That did not have a very significant impact if I'm not completely forgetting. Giving it to Miro did of course.

And yes, I'd definitely still lurk. But I would eventually get to the point where I would only be spending like 3% of the time I usually spend on .net.

Why do people make these posts? If you're going to leave, leave.

So people aren't wondering what happened to you and go, "Wheres Krunn? lol" all the time. Although a lot of people still usually do.

Oh please. Just because you don't care about the community enough to let them know where you'll be off and what you'll be doing, doesn't mean we're all that way.

It's a matter of respect to the community. Not to mention you don't want people trying to send him IM's thinking he's still active.*

See you soon, Krynn.

*EDIT: curses Raz and sheep!

He's not leaving Earth, he's leaving hl2.net. Presumably, he'd still respond to IMs.

The bastard is almost never on AIM.

Well yeah, but my point is, I would assume his abandonment of hl2.net won't result in him blatantly ignoring every one he knows from hl2.net.

krynn you best keep in touch wit cho pal onwee

You have 72 different accounts called krynn??

Seeya, Krynn, hopefully we see you around here sometime in the future.

Have a good life, hope it improves a bit.

Hey, how come you're friendly with Krynn, but not me?

**** YOU TOLLBOOTH WILLIE! **** YOU UP, DOWN, LEFT AND RIGHT!

And backwards, you can't forget backwards, you know he likes it backwards.

Goodbye Krynn (the 72nd).

Ah, the time-honored HL2.net tradition of "goodbye" threads.

Peace.

I don't know how people can put off so much stuff just to post on this site LOL

Laters, anyway.

The Krynn you have all come to know and love (the 72nd) is, for all intents and purposes, leaving hl2.net. Its come to my attention that my life would be fairly significantly improved if I were to stop wasting so much time here.

I have discovered over the past several weeks that many of my personal goals ive set have been put off due to procrastination through this site. I wanted to have my new demo reel half done by this point, and I havent even started it. Whenever I felt like working I'd come here for a few minutes, and end up spending hours refreshing and waiting for someone to post something. I totally lose track of time while on here.

Another reason is that I kind of want to distance my real self from my online persona. A bunch of you guys know who I am IRL, and a bunch of people I know IRL know Krynn72. Its starting to become a bit of a problem, as I am two fairly different people depending on who I am speaking as. If I ever join a bigger game developer and people find out about it, I dont want people being all like "OMG Krynn72 said this and this DO U GUISE THINK HE WAS TALKING ABOUT *insert game title here*?!?!?!" I am also a much larger douchebag online than I am in real life, so I dont want that to hold me down either.

So yeah. I know, I picked a terrible day for this, and I'm not quite sure how to prove that I am sincere. I suppose once I haven posted back here in several weeks you'll know. I'll probably come by once in a blue moon to say something, but I will actively try to become a stranger around these parts. I know that if I just try and cut back, it wont work because I have already tried that and failed hard.

So goodbye sweet internet friends. Fare thee well.
-Krynn72

TL;DR: I'm out bitches. And its no april fools joke.

people fail to realize that they don't procrastinate because of Hl2.net, but because we are lazy bastards. and besides...going away from hl2net is bad for health. not worth the pain man...not worth it!

No! Krynn can't leave >=|! You know who I haven't seen around lately...Druckles. Whatever happened to him?

people fail to realize that they don't procrastinate because of Hl2.net, but because we are lazy bastards. and besides...going away from hl2net is bad for health. not worth the pain man...not worth it!

There's a lot of shit that goes on here... it takes time to keep current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back