You have chosen..........or been chosen.

I have no idea what your talking about lol.

it means that you either wanted to go to city 17 or somebody else wanted you to go to city 17, namely the combine.

are you one of those people who didnt understand the matrix and complained about it? because if you cant understand this comment i am guessing you are.

1. You've entered City 17 on your own iniative (well, you've probably been forced in one way or another ie: harsher living conditions in City 16, rations reduced etc..)

2. The Combine have relocated you.

Read: 1984

It just shows theres an all powerful totalitarian control over the people

Wait...Lemme get this straight. You have no idea what the sentence means, yet you gave yourself the username "De. Breen"?!
Oookaaay.

It's the way the sentence is phrased which plays with the mind. Breen makes it sound like molly coddled harshness.

In other words, his speech is designed as propoganda to sugar coat the reality of the situation for many living or having been relocated there.

Speaking of little hints, in the Kleiner's lab video, Alyx says: "We should have listened to my father and done it his way" NOT "We should listen to my father and do it his way." This seems to imply that Eli is in the past tense, if you catch my drift.

Might want to put that in a spoiler tag Democritus :p Nice obs though.

It means that you ultimately have no choice, you may have just an illusion of choice. Go watch The Matrix again.

Democritus said:
Speaking of little hints, in the Kleiner's lab video, Alyx says: "We should have listened to my father and done it his way" NOT "We should listen to my father and do it his way." This seems to imply that Eli is in the past tense, if you catch my drift.
It could just mean whatever they did already happened.For example Eli said dont take the car,walk instead.Alyx and Kleiner drive the car but crash it.Thus"We should have listened to my father and done it his way" Doesn't mean Eli is dead,just that his car is smashed. ;)

Yeah, Democritus, I've noticed that too. Maybe something happens to Eli.

You're working on a poster at school, you say it should be blue, bob says is should be green. The blue turns out looking horrible. While talking to your friends, you say, "We shouldve done it Bob's way"

You can use the form of speech and it doesnt mean they are dead :\

That some persons moving to City 17 has done so voluntarily, some not.

Yellonet said:
That some persons moving to City 17 has done so voluntarily, some not.
Or at least that's the impression Breen wants to give.

coudnt be bothered to read the posts but I know someone siad the right answer

When he says 'you have chosen' it means you probably had no other place to go or city 16 or 18 just sucked

But when he says 'you have been chosen' it means you were forced but the way he says it is supposed to make you feel privallaged (Trust me on that one, most schools these days do the same thing)

besides you are Mr Breen, you should know ;)

Raziel-Jcd said:
I have no idea what your talking about lol.

Whoh dumb post by me. I wasnt even focused completely passed through my head. Well now i would have to say people ether chose to go to city 17 or people are chosen to go like gorden combine etc. I think we are looking to deeply in this but eh its taking my mind off a posible depay so.. :cheers:

Kouler said:
:eek: Hl2 Release Date Announced!!!

Plz let this be true. Checking all sites hl2 related.

EDIT: Errr HATE!

Democritus said:

I think is means whatever could be done was a one time opportunity with no retries.

We did it this way but we could have DONE it another way.

See? nobody died.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Plz let this be true. Checking all sites hl2 related.

EDIT: Errr HATE!

:( I was joking to lighten everyone up

OK, to lighten things up a bit, im going to make a new flash movie. Valve vs Vivendi. Gang war style. (think Def Jam Fight for NY) :p

Back