Your all time favorate quote's from HL, HL2, & EP1.

SpotEnemyBoats

Companion Cube
Reaction score
What is your all time favorate quote's, segiments, speeches etc. from the original HALF-LIFE, HALF-LIFE 2, & HALF-LIFE 2: Episode One?

Mine is:

Black Mesa Scientist said:
Why do we always have to wear these rediculus ties!

G-man said:
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Black Mesa test chamber Scientist said:
Gordon they're waiting for you in the tessst chamberr.

Male_04 Rebel said:
Fann-tastic!!!

Barney Colhoun said:
Now about that Beer I owe ya!

Alyx Vance said:
Is Dr. Kliener really telling every one to........get busy???

Vortigaunts said:
We see you still in Black Mesa, Clearly we see in the Nihilanths chamber.

Vortigaunts said:
For a breif time you joined us you are one between the worlds.

Vortigaunts said:
We have lost all dear to us.

Vortigaunts said:
This is all anyone can bear, but we will perservere

Vortigaunts said:
You leap, you fall. We see flash between the balance.

Vortigaunts said:
We serve the same mystery

Vortaunts said:
Our finest poet describes it thus, Galambagilaba

What are your favorate's?

"Go back Freeman, you have no idea what you're doing!"

"Carbon stars..." (I really just like that part)

It's all time best and I listen every day.

Dr. Wallace Breen: "Welcome. Welcome, to City 17. You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers. I thought so much of City 17, that I elected to establish my administration, here, in the citadel, so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors. I am proud to call City 17 my home. And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through to parts unknown, welcome, to City 17. It's safer here."

"mmmaaarrrggghhh.... scared ya, didn't I".

What a pest. :E

That Breencast along the lines of "Wtf are you doing Mr. Freeman, have you created a single thing, lol lol lol MechaBreen!"

Dr breen: Dr. Freeman. You really shouldn't be out there. At the moment of synapse, as I teleport, this chamber will be bathed in deadly particles that have yet to be named by human science. Perhaps when I have the leisure to do the work myself, I'll name one after you. That way you won't be completely forgotten.
When the singularity collapses, I will be far away from here. In another universe, as a matter of fact. You, on the other hand, will be destroyed in every way it is possible to be destroyed-and even in some which are essentially impossible

Alyx: Dog, throw something bigger

Barney: Great job, Gordon! Throwing that switch and all, I can see your MIT education really pays for itself

G-man: Time, Dr. Freeman? Is it really that time again? It seems as if you only just arrived. You've done a great deal in a small time span. You've done so well, in fact, that I've received some interesting offers for your services.
Ordinarily, I wouldn't contemplate them... but these *are* extraordinary times.
Rather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you... if and when your time comes round again. I do apologize for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Dr. Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of... well... I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime... this is where I get off.

Barney: It's your pet, the freakin' head-humper

Everything Barney says is pure gold! :bounce: I esp. like -

(1)
Barney: Great job, Gordon! Throwing that switch and all, I can see your MIT education really pays for itself.

(2) Test Chamber Guy:
It's probably nothing, probably. But I'm getting a small discrepancy in the readings...no, no, it's well within acceptable limits. Continue to stage 2...

(3) Civilian: When this is over, I'm gonna...aww, who am I kidding?
- - - - - - - - - -
The most memorable conversations in the HL series (for me) :-

(1)
Breen's carbon stars speech at the end of HL2.

(2) HL1 soldiers -

Did you get him?
We got him alright.
So where are you taking him?
Topside for questioning.
What for, we got him, didn't we? Let's kill him now!
And if they find the body?
Body? What body?
Hehehehe...

(3) Again, HL1 soldiers -

So what's the deal with this Freeman guy?
I don't know...sabotage?
What I do know is that he's been killing my buddies!
He'll pay. Yeah, he will definitely pay...

So what's the deal with this Freeman guy?
I don't know...sabotage?
What I do know is that he's been killing my buddies!
He'll pay. Yeah, he will definitely pay...
That was one of my favorite parts in the game, but not because of what they said, it's because their backs were turned. Quicksaving right before that area allows you to come up with all sorts of devious things to those two soldiers.

"Why do we have to cleaun up the mess grunts can't handle?"

Similar to the situation in HL.

"Oh its hardly the worst, but you might find that hard to believe once you get there." - Breen

Half-Life

"I've killed twelve dumb ass scientists and not one of 'em fought back. This sucks.".

"Grunt 1: Where are we taking this Freeman guy?

Grunt 2: Topside for questioning.

Grunt 1: What the hell for? We got him, let's kill him now.

Grunt 2: Uhh, and if they find the body?

Grunt 1: Body? What body?

Grunt 2: Hehehe.

Grunt 1: Hahaha."

"Mister. we. will. kick. your. ass."

HL: Opposing Force

"… three, four, five… *sigh*… one, two, three, four, five… *heavy breathing*
Oh, you've woken up, Corporal Shephard is it? I've read the tag on your uniform.

I'm glad to see my life saving efforts weren't in vain. I can't say the same for him.
I'm afraid you have been through a serious accident. Most of your friends didn't make it.
I was hoping that you soldiers had come to rescue us, but now it seems we're all in the same… situation.

I think I saw a radio near the crash site where I found you. Perhaps you can go there and radio for help?"

"Security guard: Have you seen the new IG88?

Scientist: No, I haven't. But a friend of mine...

*Noise of a Shock Trooper teleporting in breaking the conversation*

SC: What the he... what is that, doc!?

Scientist: I don't know! I've never seen that species before!

SC: Don't worry, sir! I can take it!

*Sounds of gunfire, the Shock Trooper reacts and kills the security guard*

Scientist: No!! I don't want to die! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Rise and shine, ladies! My name is senior drill instructor Dwight T. Barnes. The first and last words I want to hear out of your stinking holes is SIR, do I make myself clear?

Grunts: Sir, yes, sir!

Sgt. Barnes: My goal is simple. As of right now you are all maggots. You will not speak until spoken to, you will not sleep unless told to do so! When I ask you to jump, you will reply with 'How high?'. Do you get me!?

Grunts: Sir, yes, sir!

*Sgt. Barnes approaches Shephard*

Sgt. Barnes: What's your name, dirtbag? Sound off like you got a pair!
Corporal Shephard, huh? Looks more like Corporal Dogmeat to me. Seems your name was mysteriously bumped to the top of the advanced training list.
My suggestion to you is to get your ass down to the training centre and report to drill instructor Sharpe ASAP! Now move it Corporal!"

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum!"

"I will smoke you like a Cuban cigar!"

"Holy sheepshit you made it! What's that on your vest, soldier? Do that sting a little? Well, suck it up and drive on! I'm not through with you yet."

Half-Life 2

Sig.

"Doctor Freeman, you really shouldn't be out there.
At the moment of synapse, as I teleport, this chamber will be bathed in deadly particles that have yet to be named by human science. Perhaps when I have the leisure to do the work myself, I'll name one of them after you. That way you won't be completely forgotten."

Breen has one, if not the best, dialogue in a computer game ever.

"Doctor Freeman, you really shouldn't be out there.
At the moment of synapse, as I teleport, this chamber will be bathed in deadly particles that have yet to be named by human science. Perhaps when I have the leisure to do the work myself, I'll name one of them after you. That way you won't be completely forgotten."

Haha I love that bit. The sarcasm in his voice is classic.

Dr. Kleiner: 'Lets see, the massless field flux should self-limit, and I've clamped the manifold parameters to CY base and LG orbifold, Hilbert inclusive. Conditions could be hardly be more ideal'.

Barney: 'Did you hear a cat just now?'

Barney: '...and when you see Dr. Breen, tell him I said Fu....'

Alyx: 'Thats the old passage to Ravenholm, we dont there go there anymore...' - Was superb first time around hearing that while staring down the long, dark corridor, sent shivers down my spine.

Alyx: 'Got room for two in there?' - I lol'd

Breen: The speech he makes in Water Hazard in a stop off point within an APC garage, where he uses first uses the term 'Free man', thought it was very clever, although I cant sodding remember the exact quote.

Rebels: 'We were looking to join you Dr. Freeman'

Rebels: 'Reload Dr. Freeman!'

Breen: The speech he makes in Water Hazard in a stop off point within an APC garage, where he uses first uses the term 'Free man', thought it was very clever, although I cant sodding remember the exact quote.

I think the quote goes something like this--"We now have direct confirmation of a disrupter in our midst. One who has aquired an almost messianic reputating of the minds of certain citizens. His figure is sinominous with the darkest urges of instinct, ignorance, & decay. Some of the worst excesses of the Black Mesa incident have been layed directly at his feet & yet unsophisticated minds continue to impue him with romantic power. Giving him such dangerious poetic labels as the 'One Free-Man, the opener of the way.'

Let me remind all citizens of the dangers of magical thinking. We have scarcely begun to climb from that dark put of our species evolution. Let us not slide backward into oblivion just as we have finally begun to see the light. If you see this so called 'Free-Man' report him. Civic deeds do not go unrewarded & contrary wise, complicity with his cause will not go unpunished. We wise, be safe, be aware!"

I think thats the quote, & now my hands are tired. D:

Also one of barney's funniest lines was: "Good job Gordon, throwing that switch & all. I can see that M.I.T education really pays for itself & your work with the extension cords man!!!! BEAUTFUL STUFF!!!" :LOL:

I can't remember the exact quote but when you die in HL2 an NPC says something along the lines of "I get his HEV suit".

Anyone know the exact quote?

I can't remember the exact quote but when you die in HL2 an NPC says something along the lines of "I get his HEV suit".

Anyone know the exact quote?

"Dibs on the suit!" perhaps?

I think the quote goes something like this--"We now have direct confirmation of a disrupter in our midst. One who has aquired an almost messianic reputating of the minds of certain citizens. His figure is sinominous with the darkest urges of instinct, ignorance, & decay. Some of the worst excesses of the Black Mesa incident have been layed directly at his feet & yet unsophisticated minds continue to impue him with romantic power. Giving him such dangerious poetic labels as the 'One Free-Man, the opener of the way.'

Let me remind all citizens of the dangers of magical thinking. We have scarcely begun to climb from that dark put of our species evolution. Let us not slide backward into oblivion just as we have finally begun to see the light. If you see this so called 'Free-Man' report him. Civic deeds do not go unrewarded & contrary wise, complicity with his cause will not go unpunished. We wise, be safe, be aware!"

I think thats the quote, & now my hands are tired. D:
[/I][/B]" :LOL:

Yeah its something like that, lmao

"Inaction is conspiracy. Report counteractive behaviour to your local Civil Protection units."

And definitely 'It's time to choose...' Ha, I quicksaved so i could see what happened both ways. And, the G-Man's voice in HL2 is better than in the original.

G-Man HL1 : "Aaa Gordon Freeman in the fleshhhh or.. should I say in the hazaaard suit"

Random scientist HL1: " OMG we're doomed!!!! BOOOM" :p

Barney HL1: "Be quiet it hears us"

"Tell me Gordon, if you can. You have destroyed so much. What exactly is it that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not".

Obviously Valve agrees, because they saw fit to introduce the second game with it :p

The best line to be inspired by a Half-Life line has to be this (yes i'm posting it again damnit.)

Guy on the train: "I didn't see you get on."

Breencast: "Let me read you a letter I recieved today.
Dear Dr. Breen,

Why has the combine seen fit to suppress our reproductive cycle? When will they deactivate the suppression field and let us breed again? What gives authority over mankind?

Signed,
A Concerned Citizen."

Guy on the train: "I didn't see you get on."

Breencast: "Let me read you a letter I recieved today.
Dear Dr. Breen,

Why has the combine seen fit to suppress our reproductive cycle? When will they deactivate the suppression field and let us breed again? What gives authority over mankind?

Signed,
A Concerned Citizen."

It makes me think of Concerned: the Half-Life & death of Gordon Frohman, when Frohman writes a letter to Dr. Breen; Ahh those were the good days. ;(

Barney: "You mean its working for real this time? Becuase I still have nightmares about that cat" and "Did anyone just hear a cat just now?" I love those ones. :)

"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt."
Wait, that's the Imperium, not the Combine. :LOL:

Ah. Wait.
Anything Breen says is usually genius. And the cat banter.
"I still have nightmares about that cat." and all.

In HL1 where that scientist yells "OMG we're doomed" on the first soldier level (can't remember the name) and then runs into that lazer and explodes. HAHHAHAHAHAHA! SO freaking hilarious!

"mumble mumble mumble"
- G-Man argues with Scientist at start of HL1

'... what cat?'

And the whole frigging HL1 G-Man speech. That was oh-so-awesome. Plus some of Breen's (undoubtedly... awesome) lines.

You know what? Half-Life is really, really, freaking amazingly good. I think that definitely many of Breen's speeches are awesomely sinister and prescient, and really help to create the dystopian universe, but Alyx's speeches are also great, mainly because they turn her from a simple AI character into one you really want to learn about. And that's why she has so many fans- she is perhaps the most full and deep character I've ever seen in a game.

"So, this is Dr. Freeman...at last. I wish I could say this was a pleasant surprise, but its niether a surprise and as i'm sure you would agree very pleasant. Well, i'm nothing if not pragmatic. Well Dr. Freeman under other cirumstances i like to think we might have been able to worked together in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. Judging form your brief tenure at Black Mesa, you showed every promise of becoming a valuble and productive contributor to the scientific process. And yet, i'm not sure what spurred you to it, but we don't really have a place in this enterprise for a rouge physicist."

"Tell me Dr. Freeman, if you can...You have destroyed so much. What is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing?...I thought not. I have laid the foundtation for humanity's survival, and not as we have narrowly defied ourself but as something greater than we could ever imagine, something now that we can only begin to glimpse. Look, Gordon, look at what you are throwing away. Is it worth it?"

"When the singularity collapses, I will be far away from here - in another universe, as a matter of fact. You on the other hand will be destroyed in every way it is possible to be destroyed, and even in some, which are essentially impossible!"

"Now...about that beer I owed you"

"Good job, Gordon, throwing that switch and all. I can see your MIT education really pays for itself."0

"Yeah, about that cat..."

"Although they call me crazy, I care not, for thou art my helper, my strength, and my savior."

"For it was said, they had become like these peculiar demons which dwell in matter, but in whom no light may be found."

"The biggest embarrassment has been the Black Mesa Facility but I think that's finally taking care of itself...quite so"

"Rise and shine, Mister Freeman, rise and... shine. Not that I wish... to imply that you have been sleeping on... the job. No one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well... let's just say your hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mister Freeman...wake up and...smell the ashes."

Doctor Isaac Kleiner: Do you smell? What do I smell?

Doctor Eli Vance: ya radically!

I think these words are from level Lambda Core, in Portal 8

Vorts, Breen, and Gman have the best lines.

Vortigaunt said:
We are there still, in observance of your final stroke.

Breen said:
It is futile to cry for mother's milk, when our true sustenance awaits us among the stars.

G-Man said:
"Rise and shine, Mister Freeman, rise and... shine. Not that I wish... to imply that you have been sleeping on... the job. No one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until... well... let's just say your hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mister Freeman...wake up and...smell the ashes."

G-Man said:
"Time, Doctor Freeman? Is it really that...time... again? It seems as if you've only just arrived. You've done a great deal in a small time...span. You've done so well, in fact, that I've received some interesting offers for your services. Ordinarily I wouldn't contemplate them but, these are extraordinary times, hm? Rather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you if and when your time comes around again. I do apologize for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Doctor Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of...well...I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime, this is where I get off."

Dr. Breen said:
"Tell me Dr. Freeman, if you can...You have destroyed so much. What is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing?...I thought not."

Dr. Breen said:
Welcome. Welcome to City 17.

You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers. I thought so much of City 17 that I elected to establish my Administration here, in the Citadel so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors. I have been proud to call City 17 my home. And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through on your way to parts unknown, Welcome to City 17. It's safer here.

Dr. Breen said:
Let me read a letter I recently received. 'Dear Dr. Breen. Why has the Combine seen fit to suppress our reproductive cycle? Sincerely, A Concerned Citizen.'

Thank you for writing, Concerned. Of course your question touches on one of the basic biological impulses, with all its associated hopes and fears for the future of the species. I also detect some unspoken questions. Do our benefactors really know what's best for us? What gives them the right to make this kind of decision for mankind? Will they ever deactivate the suppression field and let us breed again?

Allow me to address the anxieties underlying your concerns, rather than try to answer every possible question you might have left unvoiced. First, let us consider the fact that for the first time ever, as a species, immortality is in our reach. This simple fact has far-reaching implications. It requires radical rethinking and revision of our genetic imperatives. It also requires planning and forethought that run in direct opposition to our neural pre-sets.

I find it helpful at times like these to remind myself that our true enemy is Instinct. Instinct was our mother when we were an infant species. Instinct coddled us and kept us safe in those hardscrabble years when we hardened our sticks and cooked our first meals above a meager fire and started at the shadows that leapt upon the cavern's walls. But inseparable from Instinct is its dark twin, Superstition. Instinct is inextricably bound to unreasoning impulses, and today we clearly see its true nature. Instinct has just become aware of its irrelevance, and like a cornered beast, it will not go down without a bloody fight. Instinct would inflict a fatal injury on our species. Instinct creates its own oppressors, and bids us rise up against them. Instinct tells us that the unknown is a threat, rather than an opportunity. Instinct slyly and covertly compels us away from change and progress. Instinct, therefore, must be expunged. It must be fought tooth and nail, beginning with the basest of human urges: The urge to reproduce.

We should thank our benefactors for giving us respite from this overpowering force. They have thrown a switch and exorcised our demons in a single stroke. They have given us the strength we never could have summoned to overcome this compulsion. They have given us purpose. They have turned our eyes toward the stars.

Let me assure you that the suppressing field will be shut off on the day that we have mastered ourselves...the day we can prove we no longer need it. And that day of transformation, I have it on good authority, is close at hand.

Dr. Breen said:
We now have direct confirmation of a disruptor in our midst, one who has acquired an almost messianic reputation in the minds of certain citizens. His figure is synonymous with the darkest urges of instinct, ignorance and decay. Some of the worst excesses of the Black Mesa Incident have been laid directly at his feet. And yet unsophisticated minds continue to imbue him with romantic power, giving him such dangerous poetic labels as the One Free Man, the Opener of the Way.

Let me remind all citizens of the dangers of magical thinking. We have scarcely begun to climb from the dark pit of our species' evolution. Let us not slide backward into oblivion, just as we have finally begun to see the light. If you see this so-called Free Man, report him. Civic deeds do not go unrewarded. And contrariwise, complicity with his cause will not go unpunished.

Be wise. Be safe. Be aware.

Dr. Breen said:
I have been asked to say a few words to the transhuman arm of Sector Seventeen Overwatch, concerning recent successes in containing members of the resistance Science Team.

Let me say up front that I regret having to temper my heartfelt congratulations with a strong measure of disappointment. But I wouldn't be doing my duty as your Administrator if I didn't pass along the message I have received from our Benefactors.

The capture of Eli Vance is an event of major significance, make no mistake. And while it's true that conceivably we could have taken him at almost any time in the last several years, the manner of his capture may prove to have unexpected benefits. It cannot have gone unnoticed by all resistance members that Doctor Vance's capture coincided with the act of giving shelter to Gordon Freeman. This might cause other resistance members to think twice before harboring Doctor Freeman. It might cause them to question his allegiance; even prompt some to turn him out, or turn him over to our cause. However, we cannot count on such developments. Doctor Freeman's reputation is such that other desperate renegades are likely to grant him a great deal of license in the spirit of spreading general chaos and terror.

This brings me to the one note of disappointment I must echo from our Benefactors. Obviously I am not on the ground to closely command or second-guess the dedicated forces of the Overwatch, but this does not mean I can shirk responsibility for recent lapses and even outright failures on their part. I have been severely questioned about these shortcomings, and now must put the question to you: How could one man have slipped through your force's fingers time and time again? How is it possible? This is not some agent provocateur or highly trained assassin we are discussing. Gordon Freeman is a theoretical physicist who had hardly earned the distinction of his Ph.D. at the time of the Black Mesa Incident. I have good reason to believe that in the intervening years, he was in a state that precluded further development of covert skills. The man you have consistently failed to slow, let alone capture, is by all standards simply that--an ordinary man. How can you have failed to apprehend him? Well...I will leave the upbraiding for another time, to the extent it proves necessary. Now is the moment to redeem yourselves. If the transhuman forces are to prove themselves an indispensable augmentation to the Combine Overwatch, they will have to earn the privilege. I'm sure I don't have to remind you that the alternative, if you can call it that, is total extinction - in union with all the other unworthy branches of the species. Let's not allow it to come to that. I have done my best to convince our Benefactors that you are the finest the species has to offer. So far they have accepted my argument, but without concrete evidence to back it up, my words sound increasingly hollow even to me. The burden of proof is on you. As is the consequence of failure. I'll just leave it at that.

Dr. Breen said:
It has come to my attention that some have lately called me a collaborator, as if such a term were shameful. I ask you, what greater endeavor exists than that of collaboration? In our current unparalleled enterprise, refusal to collaborate is simply a refusal to grow--an insistence on suicide, if you will.

Did the lungfish refuse to breathe air? It did not. It crept forth boldly while its brethren remained in the blackest ocean abyss, with lidless eyes forever staring at the dark, ignorant and doomed despite their eternal vigilance. Would we model ourselves on the trilobite? Are all the accomplishments of humanity fated to be nothing more than a layer of broken plastic shards thinly strewn across a fossil bed, sandwiched between the Burgess shale and an eon's worth of mud?

In order to be true to our nature, and our destiny, we must aspire to greater things. We have outgrown our cradle. It is futile to cry for mother's milk, when our true sustenance awaits us among the stars. And only the universal union that small minds call 'The Combine' can carry us there.

Therefore I say, yes, I am a collaborator. We must all collaborate, willingly, eagerly, if we expect to reap the benefits of unification. And reap we shall.

Dr. Breen said:
I'd like to take a moment to address you directly, Dr. Freeman.

Yes. I'm talking to you. The so-called One Free Man. I have a question for you. How could you have thrown it all away? It staggers the mind. A man of science, with the ability to sway reactionary and fearful minds toward the truth, choosing instead to embark on a path of ignorance and decay. Make no mistake, Dr. Freeman. This is not a scientific revolution you have sparked...this is death and finality.

You have plunged humanity into freefall. Even if you offered your surrender now, I cannot guarantee that our benefactors would accept it. At the moment, I fear they have begun to look upon even me with suspicion. So much for serving as humanity's representative.

Help me win back their trust, Dr. Freeman. Surrender while you still can. Help ensure that humanity's trust in you is not misguided.

Do what is right, Dr. Freeman. Serve mankind.

Dr. Breen said:
So, this is Dr. Freeman...at last. I wish I could say this was a pleasant surprise, but it's neither a surprise and, as I'm sure you would agree, not very pleasant. Well, I'm nothing if not pragmatic. Well, Dr. Freeman, under other cirumstances I like to think we might have been able to work together in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. Judging from your brief tenure at Black Mesa, you showed every promise of becoming a valuble and productive contributor to the scientific process. And yet, I'm not sure what spurred you to it, but we don't really have a place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist. Your mentors are partly to blame, of course; my disappointment in Eli Vance and Issac Kliener is far greater than my sorrow for your unfotunate choice of career path. In a way I suppose you could not have done otherwise. Who knows what seeds of iconoclasm they planted in you when you were young and gullible? While they certainly share a great part of the responsibility for the recent troubles, it is you alone who has chosen to act with such willful disregard for humanity's future. Tell me, Dr. Freeman, if you can: you have destroyed so much ? what is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing? ... I thought not. I have laid the foundation for humanity's survival, and not as we have narrowly defined ourselves but as something greater than we could ever imagine, something that we can now only begin to glimpse. Look, Gordon, look at what you are throwing away. Is it worth it?

Dr. Breen said:
"..carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect... Impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary!"

Dr. Breen said:
"Doctor Freeman, you really shouldn't be out there. At the moment of synapse as I teleport this chamber will be bathed in deadly particles that have yet to be named by human science. Perhaps when I have the leisure to do the work myself, I'll name one of them after you; that way you won't be completely forgotten. When the singularity collapses, I will be far away from here - in another universe, as a matter of fact. You on the other hand will be destroyed in every way it is possible to be destroyed, and even in some, which are essentially impossible!"

Dr. Breen said:
"You need me!"

Barney said:
"Did you hear a cat just now? That damn thing haunts me!"

Barney said:
"Good job, Gordon, throwing that switch and all. I can see your MIT education really pays for itself."

Vortigaunt said:
"We see you still in Black Mesa. Clearly we see you in the Nihilanth's chamber."

Vortigaunt said:
"We bear witness to the bright eternity of the Nihilanth's demise. You leap, you fall, we see you flash beyond the barriers."

Vortigaunt said:
"For a brief time you joined with us. You are one. Between the worlds."

Vortigaunt said:
"Communion of the vortessence. And that other: a deeper mystery. No deeper than the void itself."

Vortigaunt said:
"We cannot forget those whose cords you cut. Forgiveness is not ours to bestow."

Vortigaunt said:
"Your bright face obscures your darker mask."

Vortigaunt said:
"Something secret steers us both. We shall not name it."

Vortigaunt said:
"Far distant eyes look out through yours."

Vortigaunt said:
"How many are there in you? Whose hopes and dreams do you encompass?"

Vortigaunt said:
"Our finest poet describes it thus: Gallum galla gilla ma."

Vortigaunt said:
"Our life is worthless unless spent on freedom."

Vortigaunt said:
"The Combine will pay in kind for their depravity."

Vortigaunt said:
"We have lost all dear to us."

Vortigaunt said:
"Your song we sing and shall sing for eternity. No matter the consequences of this struggle."

Vortigaunt said:
"While our own lay scattered at your feet, you severed the vortal cord that bound the Nihilanth to life, and to us."

Alyx Vance said:
Hmm... A Combine zombie...it's...that's like a...umm...a Zombine, right? Zombine, get it?

Alyx Vance said:
Well, Gordon, unless you've got a better suggestion... He is a robot, he's done the math. You, uh, did do the math, right?

Citizen said:
"Everything we do seems to make things worse."

Citizen said:
"It used to be safer here."

Citizen said:
"I don't miss Dr. Breen, but I do miss his show. Remember when he had the jugglers on?"

Citizen said:
"So much for better living through science."

Citizen said:
"I don't miss Dr. Breen, but I do miss his show. Remember when he had the jugglers on?"

Citizen said:
"I hear they put babies in those striders."

Citizen said:
"Between you and me, I don't trust those Vortigaunts."

Citizen said:
"This is gonna sound crazy, but I kinda miss the Combine."

So many great quotes...

Back