Your all time favorate quote's from HL, HL2, & EP1.

"Forget About Freeman"? Broadcast, where is that?

Yep, there's a level called "Forget about Freeman!" just after Surface Tension. Supposedly that's why "Follow Freeman!" is in HL2.

"Forget about Freeman! We are cutting our losses and pulling out! Anyone left down there now is on his own. Repeat, if you weren't already, you are now!"

Certainly more emotive than anything you hear the Combine soliders saying in HL2.

How about this from the Overwatch (found in the GCF file, don't know where you hear it in HL2)

"Reminder, 100 sterilized credits qualifies non-mechanical reproduction simulation" :dozey:

Yep, there's a level called "Forget about Freeman!" just after Surface Tension. Supposedly that's why "Follow Freeman!" is in HL2.

"Forget about Freeman! We are cutting our losses and pulling out! Anyone left down there now is on his own. Repeat, if you weren't already, you are now!"

Certainly more emotive than anything you hear the Combine soliders saying in HL2.

How about this from the Overwatch (found in the GCF file, don't know where you hear it in HL2)

"Reminder, 100 sterilized credits qualifies non-mechanical reproduction simulation" :dozey:

it was fun when in Opposing Force you were in same room with the guy speaking to that radio, you heard when he talked.

"Come in Cooper, do you copy? Forget about Freeman, we're abandoning the base. If you have any last bomb targets, mark them on the tactical map. Otherwise, get the hell out of there. Repeat, we are pulling out and commencing air strikes; give us targets or get below!"

Fixed.

it was fun when in Opposing Force you were in same room with the guy speaking to that radio, you heard when he talked.

That was one of the better parts of Op4.

PS I loved that game, *Dawns flame retardant suit*

Not quite, there are two messages you hear as Freeman, one as Shephard. You hear "Forget about Freeman" when you're in the underground tunnel; the message to Cooper is later when you use the map to call in bombardments to clear a path and kill the gargantua.

Not quite, there are two messages you hear as Freeman, one as Shephard. You hear "Forget about Freeman" when you're in the underground tunnel; the message to Cooper is later when you use the map to call in bombardments to clear a path and kill the gargantua.

Ah you're right, just played through it and its just after where the roof on one room starts falling in on you. And yeah it is pretty emotive because the guy screams it at you quite desperately, i always felt sorry for those last few grunts you find who are getting whooped by the alien grunts ;(

Thanks for that, completely forgot about it.

That's what I enjoy about the different expansions for HL1. Like in Decay, you are just above the antimass spectrometer, and in OP4, you see the cliff you run along in HL1, it's all cleverly linked.

Yeah I remember that section, but I thought you were referring to the OP4 level "Welcome to Black Mesa" where there's that radio out in the open and you can hear gunfire and different battle sounds from the radio.

"We remember the Freeman. We are coterminous."

It's abstract and wonderful and stuff. Nah, actually i'm just using it as an excuse for some random trivia dropage. "Did you know that Lou Gosset Jr was once in a TV series called Freeman?" "Why no kupo, I did not!" "well, he played the title character's friend. I sure bet he got to say 'Freeman' back then an awful lot too! Hoho!"

Plus he used to play aliens in some show or other didn't he?
You know from that, and from Mossman's episode name from Star Trek (Half a Life) you'd think Valve chose their actors based on jokes.

The guy doesn't know who you are, doesn't know how or why you materialized in front of him on a beach, but hey - "You must be here to take on the Combine!"

edit -
Supposedly that's why "Follow Freeman!" is in HL2.
Really? I thought it was playing off the thing the Vortiguant says after giving you pheropods - "Follow, Freeman."

I agree I was pretty impressed with that. You just think at that time, Gordon would be bombing. =)

A quite memorable scene was in OP4 when they had troops pulling out w/ ospreys and the gman appears briefly shutting the hangar door :D! I never noticed the choppers were shot down though. Well, as far as I can recall, you start off in a little outpost of grunts and they patrole around and there's a scientist in a janitor locker and a grunt shouts "I won't let you go until you talk!", you go past the guys, enter the airvent, and then you hear gunshots I think :devil:
//edit: "I'm a natural born alien-killer!"

Oh, you guys who have played Deacy will know this one:
"YOU'VE FAILED! YOU'VE KILLED US ALL!"
-Dr. Keller, Decay last level

Care to spoil it for those of us who HAVEN'T played Decay?

Ha, me and my friend were palying co-op on that and couldn't stop laughing

And ANOTHER one has played it on PS2, Yay!

Sorry, for those of you who haven't/can't play Decay, but if you fail the last mission, Dr.Keller says <in a really desperate, and serious voice> "YOU'VE FAILED! YOU'VE KILLED US ALL!"

And ANOTHER one has played it on PS2, Yay!

Sorry, for those of you who haven't/can't play Decay, but if you fail the last mission, Dr.Keller says <in a really desperate, and serious voice> "YOU'VE FAILED! YOU'VE KILLED US ALL!"

I've played it aswell :) I hated Decay.

i played decay to some extent, although my friend and i couldnt figure out how to beat one of the earlier levels, it had a pool in it with a dead guard floating in it, but we couldnt figure out how to beat it :(

Some of you guys suck at quotation. Didn't your English teacher tell you that you must quote accurately?

Back