Your all time favorate quote's from HL, HL2, & EP1.

"We're all hungry, and Kliener's headcrab is proboaly eating grade-A head!"

In "Resident Evil", Rain makes that comment "When this is all over, i'm going to get laid".

And every time I hear a random citizen say "When this is all over,... ah who am I kidding?"

I think something like "yeah you're too ugly to get laid anyway... " :LOL:

I wonder if Valve mad a reference to that on purpose, or if it's just coincidence.

Actually, they sometimes say "When this is all over, I'm gonna mate."

(Turn on subtitles)
*Pain*

*Moan*

(Combine)
Outbreak, Outbreak, Outbre--

(Barney)
I'm gonna need some privacy for this
-It just sounds too wrong

(Alyx)
Yeah, about that cat?

(Eli)
God damn you breen, you let her go!

You must get to the surface and let someone know we're stranded down here!

(Rebels)
When this is over, I'm gonna mate!

STRIIIIIDEEEERRRRRR!

(Mawmen)
*On fire*
-The only time they sound like people

(Radio active sludge)
tic, tic tic, tic tic tic, tic

(Gman)
Not that I wish to imply you've been sleeping on the job

Wake up, misster Freeman, wake up and, smell the ashes.

(Breen)
Worlds stretched thin across the membrane where dimensons, intersect,
impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary.

Well, we'll see how well it serves you on the far side of a combine portal.

Fathers Grogori's words are purely poetic:

"May they become like dust before the wind, may the angel of the Lord pursue them."
"For the days of my life have vanished like smoke, and my bones are parched like ash, and let all my impurities be as... fuel for that fire! Until nothing remains, but the light alone."
"Thy will be done oh light of lights, I bless the glory of thy greatness through the day and through the darkness of this night."
"For it was said, they had become like these peculiar demons which dwell in matter, but in whom no light may be found."
"For my soul is filled with evil, and like this place, must be purged!"
"I have been laid down into a pit of darkness and the shadow of death, and thy anger has pressed down upon me, and all thy cares have come down upon me, and from this bed I cry out for the kindling of thy light."
"Oh, light may thy name be spoken in the graves, and spelled in bones and ashes."
"Take hold of a weapon, a shield, and rise to help me!"
"Draw for the sword, and sheath it in those who afflict me, say to my soul, I am thy salvation."

The dialogs are pure awesomeness...

I think those quotes are taken from a book called "The Bible".

you should certainly read that book, before sayin such stupid things...

Alex: Comon Gordon, crank that thing!

random grunt banter at start of op4

"i heard we were going to your mothers house...so far this all looks familiar..."

Yeah that was good, I like that radio in the first bit too what was it?

"We've been ordered to pull out, looks like they've got OTHER plans for Black Mesa now!"

I can't get it out of my head, every time I leave school, or retreat in Star Craft. Grr!

Oh, and the announcement system in HL1's "We've got hostiles" was awesome, I can ALMOST mimic that voice!

Just want to clarify

umm OK allot of you always refer to the Marines in half life as grunts but you are wrong grunts are in the army, Marines are jar heads Kay.

o and i don't have a favorite, but if i had to choose any 1 person i would have to say the G-man just cause his awesome tone of voice. OK actually i cant say i have any favorites i guess all of the qoutes in every game are my favorite i mean its one of the reasons i replay Half life 1 & 2 like every other week, just to hear ones i have not heard before.

Mmm, good point. I tend to find a new quote each time I play the game again.

I hope you're talking to other people, because I always call them marines.

No matter, dey are grunts no matter what section of the army they are in!

'Did you hear a cat? *silence* Damn, the freakin' thing is hauntin' me :('
End of first map of follow freeman ;)

Yeah, in hl2 they explicitely state after all this as after they were going to mate, but maybe this is an easteregg in ep1, cause reusing that phrase would be annoying up to some point ^-^

umm OK allot of you always refer to the Marines in half life as grunts but you are wrong grunts are in the army, Marines are jar heads Kay.
The name they are given in the code is hgrunts (as oppsoed to agrunts) so IMO, it's entirly correct as it's the name Valve gave them.
And anyway, Gearbox were the ones who said they were marines :p.

you sure about that?
The only references to them as marines that I know of appear in OP4. The official name was just human grunts and the apaches even had ARMY printed on the side.

Fair enough, i swear they were mentioned as marines in hl1, but after you mentioning it i couldnt actually think of a time when they are referred to as marines.

I cant see why they wouldnt send marines into a situation such as the black mesa one though...

HECU is a mixture of people that are too good for not doing anything.

that mentioned, i never hear them referred to as 'the hecu,' just grunts in the original hl

The name they are given in the code is hgrunts (as oppsoed to agrunts) so IMO, it's entirly correct as it's the name Valve gave them.
And anyway, Gearbox were the ones who said they were marines :p.

hey look here i'm just going with what the REAL MARINE CORP. call them selves not to be offensive to valve.

The only references to them as marines that I know of appear in OP4. The official name was just human grunts and the apaches even had ARMY printed on the side.

i got an idea because Adrian is a marine he is apart of a joint strike force of all of the special forces in the military.

They are often said to be marines in OP4, Adrian is a marine and they refer to eachother as marines. They are also (Only in OP4) said to be part of the Hazardous Environment Combat Unit which is obviously a joint task force using the marines as ground forced but also including other branches of the armed forces.(Some of the equipment used they HECU is not used by US marines, also marines don't have medics and the aformentioned helicopter with ARMY printed on the side)

well im not really sure what army on the helicopter is meant to be, there is no section of the military to my knowledge just called 'army,' its a pretty broad term i think

I'm almost possitive there is a section of the US armed forced simply called the army and that they are seperate from the navy, marines etc.

arent they called the rangers or something like that, i must say i have no idea being british and all

No they are the Army, the rangers are the elite warriors of the army just like the navy with there seals.
And also the vehicle you ride in on (don't remember the name) is a marine corp aircraft. There are also tanks in black mesa which do of course belongs to the Army.
Well we will just leave it at a joint strike force, and there are medics in the marine corp. they are called the Medical Corp. there a branch that serve the navy and marines.

I always assumed the that the HECU was a top secret special-ops unit that operated outside the normal command structure and answered directly to the JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) at the Pentagon. Like DELTA, but more so.

Then again, I've been known to think too much about these things.

I got wikiquote to help me :)

HALF LIFE
Gman said:
My employers don't aggree!

HALF LIFE 2
Dr. Breen said:
Alyx, my dear. You have your mother's eyes but your father's stubborn nature.
Alyx said:
You haven't seen a bit of it yet.
Dr. Breen said:
Really? Well lets just see how well it serves you on a farside of a combine portal.

Dr. Breen said:
Tell me, Dr. Freeman if you can. You have destroyed so much. What is it exactly that you have created? Can you even name one thing? I thought not.

Vortiguant said:
This is more than anyone can bear. But we will perservere.

Barney said:
... and if you see Dr. Breen, tell him I said f**k you.

HALF LIFE 2: EPISODE ONE
Civilian said:
I met Odessa Cubbage one time. What an idiot.

Alyx said:
Uh, no. My dad is Odessa Cubbage.

"I'm gonna need me some privacy for this!"

It just sounds soo wrong no matter how you say it!

Back