Your Favorite Game Ending (PC or console)

SFLUFAN

Reaction score
For me, it would be Max Payne 2's bittersweet ending with that incredibly poignant last spoken line by Max left me emotionally drained. :(

Halo had a fun last level, although the ending was rather obvious. Max Payne 2 did have an awesome ending.

For me though.. "Capella has gone supernova! I repeat, Capella has gone supernova!"

Max Payne's last lines in MP2:

"Last night I dreamed of my dead wife...but it was alright" (original ending)
"Last night I dreamed of my dead wife...but it was ALL RIGHT" (alternate ending)

Max Payne 2
"I had a dream about my wife...but it was ok." I love video games that focus on characters rather than hundreds of twists and turns (which the first Max Payne was guilty of, sacrificing any actual character development) I didn't like the alternate ending.

Final Fantasy VIII
I loved the story to this game, and the ending was not a let down. Extremely underrated in my opinion.

Silent Hill 2
I know there are multiple endings, what I mean is the whole few ending bits to the game, especially when you watch the video. My favourite ending is the "In Water" ending, which suits the game and the ending sequences so much. Again, one of my favourite stories in a video game.

Metal Gear Solid
I preferred the one where Meryl died. I don't know why, but I always liked the endings where the main character suffered somewhat, heh. :)

Metal Gear Solid 2
This gets my vote purely for being ~40 minutes long. :D

Crap, forgot to include Warcraft 3 and it's expansion The Frozen Throne. :)

Mafia - Classic.

Thats all I can say really...It puts into perspective how certain things you do always catch up, no matter how long they take, they always do.

MGS 1 and 2
Final Fantasy X
Unreal 2
Zelda(s)
Mafia
are some that I can remember
congrats to MOHAA for the crappiest ending

My favorite ending? COD.

"No cows were harmed in the making of this game."
:rolleyes:
And the final level was awesome, trying to quickly kill all the enemies so you could get to the top, shooting the ally in front of you so you make it to the top first, etc.

TEH DOOM 1 and DOOM 2, HOPING FOR THE 3rd to do teh same!

Lets not forget HL1 and SOON HL2!!@@!#!$

The ending of Doom 2 was disappointing. I mean, the Icon of Sin? All it did was exploit the engines limitations.

Max Payne 2 was great. That last line was the best part of the entire game. System Shock 2 had a decent ending too.

What was this last line in Max Payne 2 that everyone is gushing about? I didn't really find the ending to that game memorable in the slightest.

I think my favorite game ending is probably Fallout 2. It goes through literally every single thing that occured in the game and gives it kind of an epilouge. The cool thing is, depending on what you did, each little epilouge is different. There must be hundred of different possible combinations.

DarkStar said:
What was this last line in Max Payne 2 that everyone is gushing about? I didn't really find the ending to that game memorable in the slightest..

It's been itterated a number of times in this thread. :)

"I had a dream about my wife....but it was alright."

MP 2's final line really brought a sense of closure to Max...he had come to terms with his wife's death...hence it was "alright" (in the original ending)

In the alternate ending (which I won't detail for those who are unaware of it), the line is the same but the emphasis and tone is quite different...it was "ALL RIGHT", meaning he could see a brighter future for himself.

SFLUFAN said:
In the alternate ending (which I won't detail for those who are unaware of it), the line is the same but the emphasis and tone is quite different...it was "ALL RIGHT", meaning he could see a brighter future for himself.

This is why I thought it wasn't as good as the normal ending. What happens is too much of a happy ending for Max. Really, the only way I can see Max getting any sort of complete closure is dying. I wouldn't be suprised if that's the ending of Max Payne 3.

Earthworm Jim had me laughing my ass off. Also, the ending for FFVI was my favorite ever.

Edit: Metroid- seeing that samus was female blew my friggin mind!

:O I haven't finished Mafia yet :( I'm up to the last level in the museum :( Thats what happens?.....its taken me 4 weeks to get this far.........

Sparta said:
:O I haven't finished Mafia yet :( I'm up to the last level in the museum :( Thats what happens?.....its taken me 4 weeks to get this far.........

Hurry up and finish.

Max Payne 2, I almost cried, specially with the "Late Goodbye " song from "Poets of the fall"

Can someone please tell me about the alternate ending, as I diden't have much time to play it twice, thanxs.

Adrien C said:
Can someone please tell me about the alternate ending, as I diden't have much time to play it twice, thanxs.

Mona lives

That's it really, but I don't like it.

Oh yeah, for you gameboy freaks, the fire emblem ending was great. But there is no mention of Lyn in the epilogue, wth is up with that? She was like the best character in the game.

I loved the end of FFVI. It was very long, and every part of it was great.

I liked the ending to FFX for one reason:

Tidus was lame/queer if you ask me...and I was glad he disappeared into nothingness...I was upset that Auron was gone too, he was by far the coolest character in the game.

My favorite ending has to be

MGS1 & 2 (a couple of the best stories ever) Although I could've done without the very last twist in the end of 2...it just seemed to be overdone at that point. Everything up until then was just plain amazing.

Sparta said:
Whats the point? i know the ending now.

Grim Fandango had the best ending though.

Pfft, how can you know the ending from what I said.

Probably Chrono Trigger.
It was kind of creepy to see the exact sequence from the beginning played out again, as if in some sort of alternate reality.

And that's not even mentioning the other endings...

Deus Ex
Deus Ex: IW
Unreal 2
Half-Life
C&C Tiberian Sun (Dont remember maybe it was C&C Firestorm)

Duke Nukem 3D, where Duke boots the Cyclops Emperor's eye and shouts, "GAME OVER!"

Back