Your Favorite Guitar Solo

Have either of you even heard the solo?

If you have you cann't heard it - keep talking, but if you havn't than you Shouldn't be talking..

If you havn't

Bitch

Geez, nearly anything by Joe Satriani! :cool: The guy is my idol; hence my username "Satch".

Each artist has quite a few awesome solos so I'll just list the name:
Hendrix
Eric Johnson
Eddie Van Halen
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Steve Vai
Buckethead's stuff from the album Colma

You guys are forgetting Michael Romeo of Symphony X, one of the worlds most technical guitarists. :)

Symphony X - A Fool's Paradise, The Relic, Through the Looking Glass
Dream Theater - Stream of Consciousness, Blind Faith, Under a Glass Moon
Yngwie Malmsteen - Crucify
Megadeth - Angry Again
Racer X - Scit Scat Wah
Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie ;)

Dog-- said:
Have either of you even heard the solo?

If you have you cann't heard it - keep talking, but if you havn't than you Shouldn't be talking..

If you havn't

Bitch

Hey settle down dude.

I've heard the song but I just couldn't believe out of the last 40+ years of electric guitars with thousands of guitarist and people like Hendrix, Trower, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Gilmour, Collins/Rossington, Malmsteen, Slash, Clapton, Dimebag, Chuck Berry, Brian May, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Satriani, Vai, Ace, etc... you chose A SUM 41 SONG!!!

Crisis King said:
Hey settle down dude.

I've heard the song but I just couldn't believe out of the last 40+ years of electric guitars with thousands of guitarist and people like Hendrix, Trower, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Gilmour, Collins/Rossington, Malmsteen, Slash, Clapton, Dimebag, Chuck Berry, Brian May, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Satriani, Vai, Ace, etc... you chose A SUM 41 SONG!!!

To be fair mate, the thread title is 'Your Favourite Guitar Solo' not 'The Best Guitar Solo'. Thats why I mentioned a few Propagandhi songs, because i'd rather listen to them then the hyper-technical (but boooring as hell to a non-guitaist like me) Steve Vai type stuff. 'Tis all down to opinion really...

To be fair mate, what I wrote still applies to "Your favourite Guitar Solo".

Always gotta love the solo in Dream Theater's Stream of Conciousness for sheer mind-blowingness-ess. Especially on the Live in Budokan DVD, frickin amazing stuff.

More recently, I've been listening to the new Audioslave album alot. The solo from Yesterday to Tomorrow is pretty wicked. Not really technical, or even difficult, but that's never been Tom's style. It just sounds good :)

Edit - Oh yeah, and @ the Ukelele solo on the first page - :eek:

Crisis King said:
I was thinking, Sum41 - you couldn't be serious....:x

:cheers:

Hey man, just cause he's a paki doesn't mean he can't solo :frown:

MutantBeef said:
You guys are forgetting Michael Romeo of Symphony X, one of the worlds most technical guitarists. :)

Also one of the worlds most boringest technical guitarists. Then again, I'm not into all this virtusuo (sp?) stuff so whatever. Saw him live, some fancy stuff and fast playing but there just seemed to be something missing from all the stuff he does. I don't know.

I do like Satriani - Mindstorm, though. Great song.

You guys are missing the best Dream Theater guitar solo of all time-- "In The Name of God". Wicked awesome.

Also, best Bass solo of all time is definately "Metropolis Pt. 1"

Back