Your favourite HL2 scene?

Where you had to defend Alyx in the middle of this town square as she worked on a computer and the Combine were coming at you from at least 2 different directions. I saw the movie BlackHawk Down last night and this scene is something like that. I also liked trying to take out the striders from inside the destroyed building. :sniper: :flame:

Definately the scene when you go to Klieners lab for the first time, the theme song playing as you step into the hazard suit braught back all the best memories, not to mention it really struck home that you were playing HL 2 (finally, after so many delays), really got my rocks off.

The airboat/mudskipper was my fav part.

Just gave me the feeling of being in an awesome action movie.

I liked anti-citezen 1. All the streetfighting is really cool and the sheer amount of enemies you face is emmence

My favorite was when you get in the elevator at the very end, and Alyx says something like "Give em hell" or something like that, and the music starts, and you know now, you just know, it's about time to kick some major major ass. In Half-Life 2, there is an endboss. That endboss is Gordon Freeman, and he's the most badass endboss any game has ever seen.

LittleB said:
My favorite was when you get in the elevator at the very end, and Alyx says something like "Give em hell" or something like that, and the music starts, and you know now, you just know, it's about time to kick some major major ass. In Half-Life 2, there is an endboss. That endboss is Gordon Freeman, and he's the most badass endboss any game has ever seen.
Perfectly said for me too.

Then when you sted into the HEV suit, i was like "Yeah, who's gonna stop me now?"

Then when ascending the citadel in your pod and you look out and see city17; I was speechless. Absolutely amazing.

It gotta be in the chapter "water hazard"

WOW! it was really tough on the air boat.. cool actions with chopper, tanks, metrocops everywere trying to kill you..

The kliner lab sequence at the start, with lamarr

The coast where you drive being chased by that gunship.

Assaulting Nova prospect with squads of ant-lions & 2 gunships.

The fight in the building rubble with combine as the striders destroy the building around you.

The dog scenes. both when you first get the gravity gun and then when he womps combine booty.

Ravenholm, the whole area with the wide variety of zombies that don't stop coming & the rotor-blade weapon that breaks & goes flying.

the openning sequence before you get to kliner's lab. where they chase you and then corner you and you can't do anything about it. i was like freaking out cuz they were really chasing and shooting me and I could do nothing to fight back.

Oh, and the very first section of the game, when you arrive on the train. Picking up stuff and throwing it at people and they yell at you. Throwing the can at that one asshole guard, and going "oh shit!" when he activates the buton and chases you.

Using the see-saw & brick as a catapult to launch the baby toy doll in the derelict playground near the start of the game.

Oh and I always amuse myself as soon as I get the advanced grav gun by grabbing a comine, looking up, and spinning him around and around before launching him, they helicopter straight up, while being jolted.

I've got one from HL2 dm. when you pick up an explosive barrel with the gravity gun and someone gets it flaming. you're like "oh @@$*" and try to launch it asap.

Hmm, it would have to be in Kliener's lab where Lamarr jumps on Barney.

Or when you put on the HEV suit, it sort of felt like a homecoming.

The scene where dog lifts the wall outside the Citadel. "If you see Dr Breen..."

The teleportation scene in Kleiner's lab. Dr Breen is funky in it.

When the Citadel goes on full alert (I thought those were birds too, then someone told me their Gunships <--- :LOL: ) Yea I know their really scanners :p

The airboat chase and helicopter duel

The buggy ride on the coast

Fighting gunships and striders in follow Freeman

Citadel and ending especialy

Barney_Calhoun said:
The scene where dog lifts the wall outside the Citadel. "If you see Dr Breen..."

Tell him I said F##k you!

wow.. theres like no one defined momment everyone can agree on...thats how good this game is :)
for me Ravenholm...when u see a poison zombie for the first time.
i also enjoyed the railroad part.. what breathtaking scenery ;)

there are so many scenes that i just loved, pretty much the whole game, but most have already been mentioned, here are some that were very special + havent been mentioned (i think):

-the bit at the end of follow anticitizen 1 (or follow freeman, whichever is first) where you fight your way up through the factory + first meet the combine elite.(i dunno why i really loved that bit but i just did, i think i kinda reminded me of HL1)
- the bit where ur on top of the museum in follow freeman + u lokk down on the scene below (big pitched battle between striders + rebels) that bit gave me a really cool feeling.
-airboat bit where ur chased by chopper + music starts then u do the slide up the ramp to get over the wall, when the music starts up i loved it
-pinning people to walls with crossbow
-redecorating zombies (with grav gun + paint)

My favorite HL2 scene is in the citadel, and you walk in on an unsespecting breen that is talking to the wierd thing(forget name). Breen crys out "oh shit!" and then struggles to drag the gravity gun away. :LOL:

J_Tweedy said:
When i walked from one room to another, and there was a combine soldier who looked exactly the same as the last one, and i shot him, and he died.

lmao

Mine would have to be the Credits. jk, My favorite part of the game is when I got out of ravenholm for the 1st time, exiting that mine and seeing light...Loved that part, then a fast zombie ambushed me from the back and scared the hell out of me, but that was my favorite part, or one of them. Another would have to be when you put on your suit for the first time in the lab, and you get to see your hands, I liked that part, I also like parts when they play the music because there are only like 4 times in the game when they play it.

remember the scene where the combine orders u to pick up the can? :LOL:
another classic... ;)

Dr. Freeman said:
remember the scene where the combine orders u to pick up the can? :LOL:
another classic... ;)

stupid lazy combine.

Yea, the funny thing is... I threw it at him, he ran at me, and then I ran right bye him into the other room. :D

i really loved all of the game, but if i have to choose it would be the part when you exit the mines and get to the train yard, and that fast zombie goes running straight at you, i threw him a barrel with the grav gun but missed him, instead i hit him in the legs and the f****** thing went flying into the air and ended hitting a wall behind me i was like:eek: :eek: :eek: i remember thinking INCREDIBLE!!! just great:farmer:

Coming out of the tunnel in the airbat after the vortigaunt attached a gun to the side. The music kicks in at just the right moment when you emerge out of the dark and spot the helicopter thats been shooting at you for the past half hour. Payback! :sniper:

I would say when the train crosses over the bridge. That was wild, seeing the entire bridge shaking! :D

And what about that time when your in your car after disabling the forcefield, and you hear the sound of a train coming RIGHT for you!! :eek:

And the first time I saw a Fast Zombie coming towards me. I was like; ":eek::eek::eek:"

When you first walk out of the train station and the light hits you and you see the courtyard!

When the train passes you by just before you jump into the water and you meet the voutagon and the civilian in the reb box.

The first fast zombie, you hear them screaming "What the..:O ?", then you see them coming over the roof "HUH :eek: !", then its running at you "&$*£ :eek: :eek: "

And like someone said when you get the gun on the boat, and you see the chopper :E and there seem to be more people on the banks to shoot at. lol

Man, I think all of my favourite scenes have been mentioned already. A couple other things that pop to mind:

- I loved Dr Breen's Orwellian lectures to the citizens of City 17, alternately urging them to submit passively to Combine authority and to turn in Gordon Freeman. The fact that these speeches lean progressively towards the latter and grow increasingly agitated as the player draws nearer to the Citadel while it's under siege is a nice touch. It was pretty satisfying to note the effect of the revolution upon Breen's collapsing vision of the future. Personal favourite speeches include 'For Christ's Sake, He's Just a Scientist' and 'Way to F##k Up Humanity's Prospects, Dr FREETARD.'

- Getting the Dark Energy GG. Holy gord. First you take a tool that is essentially used for heavy lifting and, through the power of physics, turn it into a weapon of destruction. Then you imbue this bad boy with the tapped power of Dark Energy, which fries and disintegrates any living body it touches. FRIES AND DISINTEGRATES. One button blasts Combine troops into quantum particles, the second one flings them around like rag dolls before disintegrating them into quantum particules, and any living body they touch. Oh my god. This is by far my number one Christmas boutique gift item.

- Busting up Nova Prospekt was way too satisfying, but I was so jumpy after Ravenholm and the thing with the sand/Antlions that my first pass through it went something like this:

RETRO: All right, bring on the new chapter. Hmmm, I seem to be back in Nova Prospekt, excellent. Hang on, where did my horde of ant lions go?

PHEROPOD: [croaks]

ANT LIONS: F##k you, Freeman, we're not going in there!

RETRO: Hey, where are you guys going? Get your butts in here! Wait, what is this, some sort of abandoned prison? Is that a spatter of BLOOD on that window?

HALF-LIFE 2: [DIM LIGHTING, SPOOKY MUSIC]

RETRO: ...

HALF-LIFE 2: [RICKETY STAIRS, COLD WET SUBTERRANEAN PRISON CELLS, ATMOSPHERIC MOANS]

RETRO: ...

HALF-LIFE 2: [CREEPY!]

RETRO: AAAAAHHH!

HALF-LIFE 2: [CREEPY!]

RETRO: AAAAAHHH!

HALF-LIFE 2: [HEADCRAB!]

RETRO: AAAAAHHH! Sorry Gordon, but while you're busy pulling that thing off your face, I'll be doing what I do best, running like a woman!

RETRO: [does laundry for the next two hours]

GORDON FREEMAN: [dies]

When I was fighting the Fast Zombie for the 1-3rd time, 2 of them split up and screamed jumping from building to build. I was trying to watchthem, scared shitless, and my hand got tired just when they happened to pop out... :rolling:

When you get picked up by the crane when you are in the buggy, I was all calm and everything, then it malfunctioned and I got flipped over, that was cool the first time.

When you walked around a car, around the first part, a crow flew away from me and got ate by a barnacle.

When that huge zombie with all the headcrabs on it first poped up, I ran towards it with my crowbar, it throw a headcrab at me and I ran like hell behind to corner to find a stack of health packs.

Yeah, it was pretty cool when you are being raised up through to pod all the way to Breen's office, best graphics ever, I can't imagine what it would be like with bloom.

In Nova Prospect when you and Alyx are trying to get the teleporter running, while the combine surround you. You just get in and a huge group of elites walk in.

When you are in the boat, and that giant chimney was falling down in your path. I was like "Weeee!" feeling all heroic, and special :)

i liked follow freeman, the middle part of anti citizen one, actually, everything but entaglement. I also thought our benafactors was AWESOME!

One of my favorite scenes was when you are given the shotgun, you jump down, climb up, and enter a room... Hearing loads of fast zombie moans behind you... Madly closing the door, hoping they're dumb enough to not to open it... You walk to the elevator... Press the button... And you hear it ascending... Suddenly you hear a sound of glass breaking. You turn back, and see that the roof window has broke, and fast zombie one after another run at you. And it's the moment you realize you haven't fully reloaded your weapon.

Another part I enjoyed is where you exit Ravenholm, the music's awesome, and the intro to snipers is great. I loved flanking them out, and watching them fall down... Mmmm....

Pretty much everything mentioned so far plus...

- Finding out that birds can be shot, then spending ages trying to kill every one I can find (I'm not that sadistic in real life, honest!).
- Looking up at the citadel and seeing the millions of scanners with the zoom when Barney gives you the crowbar and thinking "Shit...".
- The phrase "voluntary conscription".
- Finding out that you can mess wiht the physics, binding bullettime and crazy push and gravity scales to some button and playing with that, then binding burn entity to a button and burning Barney to death...
- Finding the Breen model for the TV speeches and blowing him up.
- Spawning vortigaunts near enemies (try it).

And so much more...

One scene that had a strong effect on me took place early in Ravenholm. I had just rounded a corner to find myself facing Father Gregori's zombie barbecue. Seeing corpses hanging from hooks and roasting over an open flame while the good Father cackles maniacally genuinely creeped me out.

I deffinatly think that Half-life 2's success is the characters and fun with physics. Like these scenes for example:

In Red letter day when u first put on the HEV suit and you look at your hands. I later replayed the game but when I put on the suit and looked at my hands I picked up a box and it looked like gorden was using the force to move the box :)
Try it.

In Ravenholm when three zombies are shambling down the street. Im dry on SMG ammo and am unloading pistol clips feebly into the zombies then the door behind them bursts open and Father Gregori toasts em :sniper: just like an action movie...

Father gregory's burial pyre... im behind the cage shooting the zombies with my shotgun and Father is backing into the tomb and makes a right and takes cover behind some exploding barrels, the zombies come up to him and he shoots a barrel and they all go up in flames... :( :( :( :( :(

Dog playing with his ball!

Dog picking up the dumpster when Alyx says "Pick up something bigger" :) :)

Dog Tearing a hole in the door when u and alyx are running from the combine in Black mesa east.

Shedding a tear when dog cant come with me into ravenholm :(

Dog owning the APC like a chew toy in Anti Citizen one

Dog Owning the drop ship like a flying combine-carrying chew toy in the same level.

Dog taking down the big horsey statue in Follow freeman

DOG! need I say more?

Wow, reading all these favorite moments really makes me realize how AWESOME this game is. My favorite Half-Life 2 scene would have to the initial Menu background and the G-man speech on the train. I had been waiting for HL2 for so very long that when I had finally installed it and got everything straightened away, I was bursting at the seams.

And then that menu screen....seemingly quaint but with an ominous touch to it (what with the Combine walking around). I was like, "this is Half-Life 2, this game is fricking amazing and will change everything." And, I was right. :D

And then that Gman speech. It was mainly the words "Wake up Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashhessss." Oh God, that was amazing. I said to myself, THIS is Half-Life, THIS is what I have been waiting for. Freeman was back....

Reading these makes me want to play again, this time I might start with HL1...

Retro said:
- I loved Dr Breen's Orwellian lectures to the citizens of City 17, alternately urging them to submit passively to Combine authority and to turn in Gordon Freeman. The fact that these speeches lean progressively towards the latter and grow increasingly agitated as the player draws nearer to the Citadel while it's under siege is a nice touch. It was pretty satisfying to note the effect of the revolution upon Breen's collapsing vision of the future. Personal favourite speeches include 'For Christ's Sake, He's Just a Scientist' and 'Way to F##k Up Humanity's Prospects, Dr FREETARD.'

:thumbs:

Dr.Breen's speechs

Nova Prospekt. All of it.

Hell, all of it was good.

Time...Dr. Freeman...Is it really that time again...It seems as if you only just arrived. You’ve done a great deal in small time...span. You’ve done so well in fact that I’ve received some interested offers for your services. Ordinarily I wouldn’t contemplate them but, these are extra ordinary times hmm....rather then offer you the illusion of free choice I will take the liberty of choosing for you. If and when your time comes around again…I do apologize for what must seem an arbitrary imposition dr. freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of…well I’m really not at liberty to say. In the mean time. This is I get off.

that was the best part for me. well the entire game was but i was on the edge of my seat when he was talking.

The whole feel of being in the middle of an intense battle in Anti-Citizen One and Follow Freeman is pretty cool.

O man, in like the last chapters where u ride the casket thing like a roller coaster and watching stalkers and synth pass u by. i think the second ride was the best but wen i pressed the use button on the casket and i was in i was like whoa and in total awe. i think i took hundreds of screenshots from that

I just love those scenes when Alyx fights side by side with you, they make me feel like a hero. ;)

All of breens speeches...marvellous writing. The best speech though is in nova prospekt where he's warning the troops of the consuquences if they don't capture you. (and the whole "doctor freeman is a theoretical physicist that barely earned the distinction of his phd" dr breen administrator of mankind sounded a little jealous. :angel:
Best part though was when you were travelling through the citadel in your coffin...chaos is breaking loose outside but inside it's all calm like the combine are not worried at all...but then you see why, they're getting prepared to send more troops, more striders, more gunships and even huge tanks are on their way and the farty little rebellion doesn't stand a chance :naughty:

Back