Your favourite quote in all Half life games

Berkman

Reaction score
Well, tell me your favourite quotes in all of the half life games,

Min's got to be "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world" It's said by G-man in the start of Half life 2.

COOPER! Do you copy? Forget about Freeman, we're abandoning the base! If you have any last bomb targets, mark them on the tactical map. Otherwise, GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE! I repeat, we are pulling out and commencing airstrikes, give us targets or get below. *ksssssch*

"Prepare...for unforeseen conseqeunces..." - sent shivers down my spine when I first heard that from the Gmans voice.

" ...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi.
Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences.
Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...
Impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary! "
- Wallace Breen

"So... Wake up, Mister Freeman... Wake up and smell the ashes."
- G-man

"They're waiting for you, Gordon... in the test chamber."
- Black Mesa Scientist

"The results will 'guarantee the continued success of Aperture Science far into the fast-approaching distant past."
- Cave Johnson

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
"Time to chooseeee"
"as for the suit; I think you've earned it"
"FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!"
"Our finest poet describes it thus: Gallum galla gilla ma"
"Could you but see the eyes inside your own, the minds in your mind, you would see how much we share"*
"Let this war end in either total victory or our extinction. No further compromise shall we allow"*
"Something secret steers us both. We shall not name it"*
"Our bright face obscures your darker mask"*
"Time, Doctor Freeman? Is it really that time again?"
"I do apologise for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Doctor Freeman; I trust it will make sense in the course of...
...well, I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime, this is where I get off."
*By The All-Knowing Vortigaunt

"Prepare for unforseen consequences..." Creepiest the G-Man has been.

"Is Dr. Kleiner really telling everybody to... get busy?"

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes."

"Your bright face obscures your darker mask."

In an early Half-Life 2 trailer, the G-man said:

"Well, well, if this isn't just like ... old times"

Best tagline, period. :)

"We'll see about THAT!"-G-man-Ep.1
"see,the city was lousy with AR3's"-Ep.2
"We sure as hell didn't use guns,we'd just wrestle them to the ground,kill 10-20 a day"-Ep.2

"When the singularity collapses I will be far away from here--in another universe as a matter of fact. You on the other hand will be destroyed in every way it is possible to be destroyed, and even in some which are essentially impossible!"
-Wallace Breen

"I'm sorry Wallace, you're all out of time." (Dramatic irony ftw)
-Judith Mossman

"Tell me Dr. Freeman if you can, you have destroyed so much, what is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not."
-Wallace Breen

"Prepare for Unforeseen Consequences."
-Gman

- Wallace Breen

Woah......
And the third quote is just him being a dumbass
He knows damn good and well Gordon cant talk

How could one man have slipped through your force's fingers time and time again? How is it possible? This is not some agent provocateur or highly trained assassin we are discussing. Gordon Freeman is a theoretical physicist who had hardly earned the distinction of his Ph.D. at the time of the Black Mesa Incident. I have good reason to believe that in the intervening years, he was in a state that precluded further development of covert skills. The man you have consistently failed to slow, let alone capture, is by all standards simply that--an ordinary man. How can you have failed to apprehend him?

"What cat?" --Alyx Vance

- Wallace Breen

A lot of good lines to choose from, but the one which made me laugh the hardest (because I was thinking a similar thing JUST before he said it) was:

Barney - Good job Gordon, throwing that switch and all, I can see your M.I.T.
education really pays off.

I don't know, I just found this funny.

"You dispatched those queens with great dispatch."

Sadly, my favourite line has never actually been in a Half Life game.

"We're done running. This is our chance to take back our world. We're not going to lose it a second time."

-Eli Vance.

Sadly, my favourite line has never actually been in a Half Life game.

"We're done running. This is our chance to take back our world. We're not going to lose it a second time."

-Eli Vance.

Too bad most of the stuff seen in the trailer didn't make it to the actual game. Perfect example is that scene where Alyx is hanging onto a ledge. But then again maybe that was just a misleader to the actual event that caused her injury.

ZOMG HUNTER STAB!

The bit in the trailer where the vortigaunt says 'this is more than anyone can bear, but we must persevere!' and the quote ' Good job Gordon, throwing that switch and all, I can see your M.I.T. education really pays off.'

Griggs: Sheckly!
Sheckly: What?
Griggs: SHECKLY!
Sheckly: WHAT?
Griggs: Forget it.

Another good one is:

There is really no room in this organization for a rogue physicist

Makes me laugh every time.

You have destroyed so much. What is it exactly that you have created? Can you name evn one thing? I thought not.
- Interim Administrator Wallace Breen

I dont know the exact words but...

"Oh my god it's a combine zombie...a zombine...you get it? gordon? zombine..."

-Alyx

I'm surprised nobody said it, it was hilarious to me the way she sounded plus her facial expressions.

"is your pet the freaking headhumper!"
barney

"oh dear!...its not..its not-AAAAAAHHHHH!"
scientist in the test chamber(I think)

"freeeeeeeeeeeeeeemaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan"
nihilant

Barney's parting words to Gordon about Breen are classic, but the one that makes me giggle whenever I think of it is the banter of the grunts in Opposing Force. I guess "Fire in the hole" is the funniest, but it's really the way they say it.

"Time, Doctor Freeman? Is it really that...time, again?"

"Prepare for unforseen concequences."

"Tell me Dr. Freeman if you can, you have destroyed so much, what is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing?"

"Attention personnel. This is Doctor Magnusson. Since the secondary silo staff seem incapable of solving their little crow problem, you will be happy to hear that we have put the popular Doctor Freeman on the job. We all look forward to his remedy and I look forward to hearing the staff's excuses for why they couldn't handle it themselves! Thank you, for your patience."

"Oh my rocket! Oh my rocket works! I'm a genius! I told you it would work! I knew it would work!"

"The Enrichment Centre once again reminds you that android hell is a real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance."

"Rise and Shine Mr. Freeman, Rise and Shine"-Gman
"Dad, Dad! Dammit!" Alyx HL2
"So wake up Mr. Freeman" "Wake up and smell the ashes"-Gman
"What's the meaning of this, who are you, how'd you get in here"-Breen

Back