Your gaming history!

Started with Super Mario Bros. in 1992, then countless Atari/NES games
Many SNES games
countless N64 games.

Then that was my last console, I started playing PC games/n64 games, and then just solely PC games once the 64 was obsolete

Started playing Graal Online

Then the Descent series, and Freespace (BEST GAME EVER)
Then Freespace 2
then Diablo 2
then many FPS's

There were plenty of games just all at the same time, too, though. So it's kind of impossible to list them and such. I was playing Mac games from 1994-1998, too. A great mac game is "Escape Velocity"- and they have Escape Velocity Nova for PC now, too, for free, you can download it. Google it.

PC

Wolf3d
Willy Beamish (however you spell it)
Myst
Simcity 2000
Doom 1 and 2
Ecoquest 1 and 2
Phastmagoria
Dark Forces
Quake (not so much i dont think i ever beaten it)
Warcraft 1 and 2
Duke3d
Diablo 1 and 2
Jedi Knight
Starcraft
Fallout 1 and 2
Carmageddon 1 and 2
Crusader 1 and 2 (need another for this gen!)
HL1 and expansions!! (i thought it was a lame game at first but damn was i wrong 2 yrs later...)
Quake 2
Twinsen Adventure 1
Time Commando
Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Expansions
Jedi knight 2 outcast
Indiana Jones Emperor Tomb
GTA Series
Mafia
Hidden And Dangerous 1 and 2
Interstate 76
BF1942
Call of Duty
Rise of Nations
HL2
BF2

I played Apple Panic on a friend's Apple II computer and loved it. So I got an Atari home computer and played games like Missile Command and Star Raiders, as well as lots of others (Pharoahs Tombs, Blue Max, Archon). Moved up to an Atari ST (Oids, Harpoon, Dungeon Master). I reviewed games for half a dozen magazines for the Atari. Eventually I got an IBM computer and reviewed PC games (Microprose military sims like M-1 Tank Platoon and tons others). I played other games such as Jazz Jackrabbit. I also played "door" games on BBSes (bulletin boards you called thru your phone and modem). I played a turn-based space strategy game on a BBS with 20 other people, one turn per day. It took a year to finish. (It was called Esterian Conquest). Computers got more powerful and so did the games I played: Doom, Doom 2, Unreal, Ghost Recon, Icewind Dale and Half Life and Half Life2. I bought my son game consoles and played those with him: Sega Genesis, N64 (all the Sonic Games, Pokemon too), Dreamcast and Xbox (Halo/Halo 2, the Unreal Championship game and lotsa others. These days I am messing with Half Life 2 mods when I have the time, and something called Text Twist. I also play Scrabble occasionally. I've left out hundreds of games I played, some extensively. But this is my off the cuff summary.

More random old stuff:
-Descent. Loved the game, but it was too hard and confusing for me back then. I probably never got halfway through the first level. Now I'm playing it again and am stuck somewhere around Level 17 or 18. It's still freakishly hard.

Strategy games
-Age of Empires I & II. The games that almost gave me carpal tunnel syndrome. They were addictive and took the whole day to finish if you play as slowly as I do. The only strategy game I really enjoyed.

And back to FPS's.
-Half-Life, Half-Life 2. And nothing much in between.

Descent was the coolest game back then, I played it all night long, and I could NEVER beat the boss on level 8.

Ages Of Empires II Gold, bought it new for $3.00 when edward mckay wouldn't buy it. My sholder is hurting every day now because of that game and diablo II.

Half-Life. I saw my cousin playing it back in 2001. I nearly blew up, because it was the BEST game ever, and still is (Half-Life 2). I got every expansion for it.

I think I started on the Commadore 64 or one of those keyboard contraptions.

This far into the topic, you're not gonna care when I started playing what, but the reasons I got hooked may be interesting.

First: The VIC 20, writing our own game code, and playing Cosmic Cruncher. Later the Commodore 64 and DOS. Atari 2600/5200 at a friends house. Later Nintendo at a friends house. Later my own Atari 7800.

Second: Chex Quest. The first PC I ever owned (thanks mom) came with this game. What is this? A first person shooter? I had no idea how to play, but sure grew to like the game. Quake II. OMFG! I'm hooked now... Tried Earthsiege II and Mechwarrior II. Good at the time, but didn't have the feel of a first person shooter. Alien vs. Predator II, Quake III, Aquanox, Halo...

I never tried Half Life (OF or BS) because the cover only showed Gordon, Shepard, and Barney, respectively, and this didn't occur to me to be a good game. I don't like "army" FPS games, and the rent-a-cop on the cover of Blue Shift made me think, "no way".

But... I kept hearing how good the game was. Game of the Year over and over, and finally I asked a friend who told me it was worth playing, so I get it. Needless to say, here I am, a rabid fanboy. LOL

I wish somebody had pointed me in the direction of Unreal II when it first came out. I just recently played it and the graphics and engine are quite good, but the cinematics, surprises, and other "clichés" are too played out now. If I had seen that when it first came out, I would have thought it much better.

Sixth: I nev

Adabiviak said:
I never tried Half Life (OF or BS) because the cover only showed Gordon, Shepard, and Barney, respectively, and this didn't occur to me to be a good game. I don't like "army" FPS games, and the rent-a-cop on the cover of Blue Shift made me think, "no way".

I saw the Marines on the back of the box and took it as a Rainbow 6 type game, which I had just beaten and really enjoyed. Fooled me for the better.

My history with games is really complicated, and I'll get most of it wrong, but here goes (it's complicated 'cause I love old games and play them, and most of the time I dont' play games when they come out).

I started off with lots of lucasarts games (thoes were the days....), here's the one's I remember:
Dark Forces (yes, the original)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
a tad bit of Sam and Max

some other misc games I played back then:
mech warrior
warcraft 2
dune 2
dune 2000

there were some others, but I can't remember

a bit later in life:
jedi knight 1 and 2
half-life (I didn't like it when I first played it, only when I came back to it)
Indiana Jones and the Infernal machine

while all this was going on, I had one of thoes 1000 games disks with all the freeware and shareware games on it :p. Also, if you'll notice, all these were single player experiences, I didn't really know multiplayer exsisted at the time.

I remember a couple where in the <insert place here> is carmen sandiego games, but I'm not sure where they are along the line.

then, I got Red Alert (long after it had came out, it was like $10) and loved it, then got RA2 when it came out. I found out about mp and wanted to play really bad, but we had 56k and downloading anything was somewhat of a taboo.

then there's a bunch of games I can't remember the order I played 'em in

sim city 3k
x-wing alliance
alpha centauri
tron 2.0
jedi outcast
and a whole bunch of other that I'm not gonna list here.

Back