Your Scout Setup

What Scout setup do you use the most?

• Total voters
I still don't have the first unlock. Been playing too much L4D.

I don't play scout except during all these unlocks. In the end I only use scout as a means of last resort or specific strategy.

FAN, pistol, sandman.

CBA to unlock Bonk

Scout is gay.
Start posting properly or you will be removed.

I use Scatter, pistol, sandman. The range of the sandman is a massive advantage (+ uber blockage) so that is why I use that unlock. The other 2 IMO are completely rubbish. 2 shots then a reload for the FAN is fail, and bonk literally has little to no use.

No scout for me. I was going to remind everyone of his alternative lifestyle, but I'll leave it at I'm waiting for Valve to nerf him properly.

Question about Bonk: can you use it if you're carrying intel or capturing a point?

No scout for me. I was going to remind everyone of his alternative lifestyle, but I'll leave it at I'm waiting for Valve to nerf him properly.

Question about Bonk: can you use it if you're carrying intel or capturing a point?

You can't use it when you're carrying intel. You can use it on a point, but you stop capping.

default setup. bonking ubers with sandman is nice, but way too situational and i'd rather use the mobility from the double jump. i play around with it once in a while though.

Whoever says the FAN is useless, hasn't used it enough.

Why's it called the FAN? Shouldn't it be FON?

Force Of Nature?

Scatter. Nothing beats the old scattergun, anytime I have gotten in a fight with another scout and they are using the FAN, they have lost. And any time I have used the FAN I have gotten my ass handed to me. Scattergun is actually one of the most useful guns in the game IMO.

Bonk, more useful to me than the Pistol.

Bat, need that double jump, and if you have the sandman, you find yourself running around trying to hit people with it, which is pointless.

Scatter, Pistol, Bat, as I haven't got enough Scout achievements to upgrade.

Same here. The scout achievements seem like a bitch for me to get.

They're easily the easiest pack of achievements.

But that may be because I was actually a decent scout before I tried to get the achievements.

I use the standard ones still, occasionally bonk! or sandman for a laugh.

They're easily the easiest pack of achievements.

But that may be because I was actually a decent scout before I tried to get the achievements.

I use the standard ones still, occasionally bonk! or sandman for a laugh.

It might also be that I don't try very hard for them.

I use FAN, Bonk and the Bat for 2Fort.

In most cases I can kill someone if I unload FAN twice at a very close range, in the case of heavies, I just push them back, run off, come back at a different angle, rinse and repeat etc.

Bonk has saved me a lot, tbh, those moments where demomen have a room coated in stickies, 9 times out of 10 they'll detonate when you run in, you just need to get close and wait until you can fight again, then it's, like, win from there.

Bat is purely for the double-jump, because Snipers deserve all the harassment they can get.

EDIT:

Bonk is also good to draw fire from a sentry gun while a pyro runs to it, too.

I usually use the default weapons. Situationally, I'll switch to the FAN if I want mobility instead of damage, going for intel grabs and such.

I rarely switch to Bonk. It's good for distracting sentries while your team rushes, but I've found that, while cooperating with your team is necessary to win, trusting them with your virtual life is only a baby-step away from suicide on most servers. Aside from that, running battlement to spiral in 2fort is about all it's good for, when you've noticed that their sentry doesn't cover spiral to grate.

I find the Sandman both annoying to use and annoying to have used against you. Definitely doesn't make up for lack of double-jump. In the rare occasions that I do use the Sandman, the FAN is a must.

I use more unlocks if I want to be more annoying and less useful. More defaults if I want to accomplish things.

Scatter, Bonk, Sandman, although I'm thinking of going back to the original bat for double jump.

You have to say it with a Boston accent. Force-a-nature. It's the Red Sox thing.

I never changed weapons. fan is useless, bonk is useless, and sandman prevents me from double jumping

You are wrong, you are wrong, and you are right.

I don't have any of the unlockables. :(

Trust me, you don't want 'em.

At first, as i do with all unlockables the first time i get em, i was using all 3. FAN was doing good for a while, but when it came right down to it, the slow reload and small clip was too much time wasted to actually do much good. I don't even know why i kep't Bonk!, it was annoying and useless, if i wasn't having range trouble i'd probably have ignored it and the pistol altogether. The Sandman was fun, i enjoyed that one, but when i'm on maps that have also vertical advantages as well as horizontal, the double jump really was irreplacable.

Since the FAN buff I've been finding the FAN + Pistol or Bonk + Sandman setup to be a much more viable - to the point where I'm concidering making it my default Scout setup.

Keep changing it, but I'll probably end up using the original setup, except for bonk.

Back