Youtube Creationist Commits Murder-Suicide

@Druck:

Where the hell am I inferring that only religious people do heinous things? My whole point in being in this thread is to show that being religious and a nutjob are separate things.

@Relevancy of Godwin (which you brought up):

I'm not referring to all individual humans, either. You introduced the idea of a global humanity. For the last bloody time, I'm talking about nations and political party philosophies (secular America, Nazi Germany, what have you), and the way the media treats them.

Also you need to distinguish between the motivation and the rationalisation. Religious nutjobs rationalise their actions by saying God told them to do it. Nazis rationalised their actions because by saying it was good for the evolution of humanity. There are very few (read: mostly Muslims) who kill solely for their god.

And the fact that all humans can commit heinous crimes is not granted, at least according to the media (again, which is what I am, and have been, referring to). There's always a tabula rasa mentality, followed by the 'what made him do it?' 'It was games/Jesus/unJesus/cheating wife!'

And no-one has, to my knowledge, as of yet started killing anyone with any sort of secular tendency because they're religious.

Video summary for those too lazy to watch:

"With their zipping and their zopping and their bipping and their bopping, the atheists don't know what creation, is all about!"

edit: for tragedy.

Atheists have something Theists lack tho. Atheists knows and accepts they have to live with their decisions without any forgiveness from a higher power to "undo, forgive or ok" any mistakes. When a theists harms someone through any way, he can ask god for forgiveness or make a confession. When an atheist causes harm, he can only ask forgiveness from the person he did harm to. Due to that, an atheist will think more about the consequences of wrongdoing because it will eventually hurt himself and he has to live with the pain/regret himself, unlike asking a god for forgiveness and forget about it, he will instead peruse to actually undo his wrongdoing himself and ask for forgiveness from the victims. Im not saying theists lacks this quality, but its one of the major quality atheists live by (whether they recognizes it or not).

Theists don't go around blindly doing stuff that is wrong. We don't just commit heinous crimes to others and hope that God will forgive them. I myself don't go around harming people and doing bad stuff then ask for forgiveness at the end of the day and forget about it the next day. I still think about the consequences of my actions before I do them.

I don't think there are many differences between atheists and theists. There are not many differences until they reach the topics concerning their belief system. An atheist won't be ridiculous like hell when someone despises or attempts to disprove science. Yet, when someone despises or disproves a belief, nine out of ten theists will turn mad at that person, and resort to ridicule and anger. Such irrationality is unique to theistic belief systems.

Anyway, I find no problems hanging around with those who accept science and hold their religion purely as a personal belief at the same time.

Sad. Creationist or not, I don't think the guy deserved to die.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I just saw the murder bit. What a dick.

I don't think it's a form of mental instability at all. I think it's just part of the human condition. For the entire timespan of humanity people have been using their intelligence to wonder why they are here on the earth.

Yes but believing in a big man in the sky with all knowing all consuming power and powers who still seems to suffer from total lack of proof and you know, seems to suffer human failings, when other humans have found far better answers to life and existence with proof and what-not is somewhat unstable.

I'm not saying every theist is going to go shoot up his school, I'm just saying, that level of denial isn't healthy.

Yes but believing in a big man in the sky with all knowing all consuming power and powers who still seems to suffer from total lack of proof and you know, seems to suffer human failings, when other humans have found far better answers to life and existence with proof and what-not is somewhat unstable.

I'm not saying every theist is going to go shoot up his school, I'm just saying, that level of denial isn't healthy.

I don't think it's unhealthy at all. It's not deteriorating their bodies. And it's not deteriorating their minds any more than a lack of education would. Many religious people become very smart individuals... even if they are willfully ignorant and choose to remain clinging to their religion.

What is unhealthy, is when you apply your spiritual beliefs and force them on the physical world with real people who don't believe what you believe. That is the danger in religion. But if people want to keep it to themselves, that's fine and dandy.

I also disagree with the argument that moderate religious people of religions that sometimes have extremists or more radical fundamentalists, are somehow enabling or giving credence to their radicals in the religion.

Why do I disagree with it? Because the religion is larger than themselves. They don't have any sway over the behavior of those radicals any more than we as a collective group of gamers and internet users have over the people who do insane, deadly, or stupid things. It's larger than us... there's no council that we sit on where we can force these people to not do these things.

That's my belief anyway. I'm sure most of you will disagree with me.

VFX is such a scum bag...all I have to say

I also disagree with the argument that moderate religious people of religions that sometimes have extremists or more radical fundamentalists, are somehow enabling or giving credence to their radicals in the religion.

Why do I disagree with it? Because the religion is larger than themselves. They don't have any sway over the behavior of those radicals any more than we as a collective group of gamers and internet users have over the people who do insane, deadly, or stupid things. It's larger than us... there's no council that we sit on where we can force these people to not do these things.

That's my belief anyway. I'm sure most of you will disagree with me.

What you said here is logical and reasonable, and there's no reason to assume the contrary to your point: that is, the malevolence of one represents the body.

Back