hl2.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think theres a screenie somewhere that shows the scenario thats being described here?? rubble behind - door on the left - stirder infront - headcrab to the right

steam updated again to re-allow custom content....
ESRB RATING MUST BE DONE

all these recent changes just point to HL2 just about on the shelves...too bad it's too late for me to get excited again.

:dozey: Wow, they added some secret pointless(?) shit, release is nearing, what is this stuff for!?

ailevation said:
:dozey: Wow, they added some secret pointless(?) shit, release is nearing, what is this stuff for!?

One of the valve guys over at steampowered said that HL2 php was in the 'works' a couple of months ago (as a joke lol). So VALVe are screwing with our minds again :sniper: :dork:

Maybe it's a hint about HL2.

Maybe....you can't beat it~!

yeah...all the people trying to get access to the admin site :rolleyes:

if you follow link adn then add ?move=s

it comes up with,

"this is not a test"

there is a script running on the page so if its not the first thing you enter it wont work.

Dunno if its been solved only just had a look a few mins ago :p

EDIT:

I missed the bird lol

Half-Life 2: PHP

This was not a test.

.+-.
." o \_
_.-" ,( `
_.-" ,;;|
.-=" _," ,,;;;'
.-"`.-"``-..,,;;;;:'
`"'` `\`\
/^\ \

Its a Robin isn't it?

I think I found something?
check it out! I think i did something good. but... really it's not THAT exciting, but it's something at least.

If you'll notice, each link points to the following URL:

http://www.half-life2.com/hl2.php?move=

followed by different letters. Well, I tried manually changing the url, inserting a different letter each time. Well guess what happens when you change the letter to 's'?

http://www.half-life2.com/hl2.php?move=s

it says, "This was not a test."

And if you drag your mouse cursor under that, there is an image of a bird, in text.

????

I dont understand, but at least I found something!
Someone just posted this in the news forums :)

EDIT: Which definitely wasn't there earlier, I checked...

Ever get the feeling you're being watched? :p

Juggernaut said:

it comes up with,

"this is not a test"

there is a script running on the page so if its not the first thing you enter it wont work.

lol they must of just added that. Didn't do it before

must have got my mail then, sent one shortly after looking :)

move=s previously had no response

Juggernaut said:

it comes up with,

"this is not a test"

Just figured this out myself, too... :naughty: :smoking:

Too bad I wasn't the first. :p

Chris_D said:

twas me, ehehe... but i then deleted it because i realized this thread was here and someone had probably already found it... but I guess they hadn't.... errrr... i'm dumb...

but anyway... what a strange page...

Chris_D said:
Aww, snap! I JUST found that out, and I was only reading through this forum to see if anyone else had found the bird yet.

Yombi said:
lol they must of just added that. Didn't do it before

i'll second that one...but see..the thing is...it always gets changed....
every one of the tests pretty much changed later.
the "s" was my first pick after viewing the source, which was the first thing i did on that page, as that had big things with the "second test".
because someone brought up the /admin directory (again, i might add, this happended with the second test) everyone hit that site, and valve locked it down now.

if i was a hacker trying to get into that site..i'd make a post like that to get everyone going to that site and cover my tracks.....

cadaveca said:
i'll second that one...but see..the thing is...it always gets changed....
every one of the tests pretty much changed later.

Im gonna believe what it just said so it doesnt consume 3 days of my holidays (hey its raining lol). But yeah, they changed stuff in the 2nd one so meh

This was not a test.

.+-.
." o \_
_.-" ,( `
_.-" ,;;|
.-=" _," ,,;;;'
.-"`.-"``-..,,;;;;:'
`"'` `\`\
/^\ \

thats the bird for those who aren't gonna look for it

Chris_D said:

EDIT: Which definitely wasn't there earlier, I checked...

Ever get the feeling you're being watched? :p

Heheh, nice one whoever found that.

Nice one valve for letting all these people get back to their everyday lives for a few more days. :p

sorry but....
wake up and smell the ashes...
all paths lead to death...
this was not a test.

Yeah, a friend of mine solved it depressingly quickly by realising the WASD thing; that's why he tried the ?move=s thing himself and quickly declared "I WIN!!", since it was the only unlisted move. Smartarse git.

*swears at everyone else who solved it and goes to sulk*

Please remember that the "?move=" is PHP, php cannot be viewed using your browser (needs a special naughty one lol) and so there could be a million pages if you get the right "move" or even another name.

So ?page=last could work for example or maybe its ?PAG3=1@S7 see what im saying? so i wouldn't give up!

If HL2 is realy close to be GOLD i think this is the third final suprise test.
If it's the last test it's the hardest one yet so i don't belive to the "This is not a test" Thing .
There is something hiding there !!! :devil:

Let us find it anyway until we are 100% sure this is not a test .

Maybe it's an early Gold announcment ?? :D

Incase anyone doesnt know; http://www.half-life2.com/hl2.php?move=s didnt work about 3 hours ago..

next time theres anything like this I am going to be constantly rechecking stuff, as like this and the second test things have been added to somewhere where I have already looked :/

I wish they would announce something tonight instead of giving us puzzles to figure out. If they have time for that, they have time to give us an update.

Theman2k said:
If HL2 is realy close to be GOLD i think this is the third final suprise test.
If it's the last test it's the hardest one yet so i don't belive to the "This is not a test" Thing .
There is something hiding there !!! :devil:

Let us find it anyway until we are 100% sure this is not a test .

Maybe it's an early Gold announcment ?? :D

Well, obviously they posted "this is not a test" as thousands of people suddenly started to try to hack their admin!!! :LOL:

wasnt expecting this much of a response to be honest. Interesting to note that valve actually monitor their web usage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back