100% Fake

Varsity said:
Wait, you believe this guy? :LOL: A password like that would long have been guessed.

Well I'd like to think the entire half-life community aren't a bunch of collosal arse-holes but, yeah, your probably right....

lol...'hacking his account is a felony..'

That is rich.

Except the guy did not 'hack' anything...he just capitilied off of Gabe/Valves poor security methods....remember about a year ago people? owned by outlook?

lol

Lol, i wonder if hl2fallout have suspended his account ?
Or atleast got him to change his password...

sad thing, but Mrchimp said that was Gabe. :dozy:

TheWart said:
lol...'hacking his account is a felony..'

That is rich.

Except the guy did not 'hack' anything...he just capitilied off of Gabe/Valves poor security methods....remember about a year ago people? owned by outlook?

lol

But I beleive it IS a felony to pose as someone other than yourself online. :) Gabe can very easily press charges if they find out who this is.

MrChimp doesn't know what he's talking about unfortunatly

That guy has got himself into a lot of trouble, i bet hes sitting at his pc ***ting himself :LOL:

you guys, just wait till monday, i mean seriously this forum is getting alot like steampowered, tooo muchbashing... and i can feel then tenches rissing

talem said:
you guys, just wait till monday, i mean seriously this forum is getting alot like steampowered, tooo muchbashing... and i can feel then tenches rissing

What are you on about, it was a hoax !?

thats such a dumb password. he shouldnt have gotten into his account, but gaben for a pass? give me a break.

TheWart said:
Valve/Gabe did nothing wrong. HL2 Fallout messed up and put everyone's passwords up for grabs, and a script kiddie somewhere saw Gabe's, which was not 'gaben', and used it.

Triggerhappy41 said:
thats such a dumb password. he shouldnt have gotten into his account, but gaben for a pass? give me a break.
This probably explains how someone got ahold of their source code :LOL:

Bah.. we are back to knowing nothing abotu when it comes out. Great.

It is a felony to hack someones account on anything which has a password, here is the Computer Misuse Act of 1990, its in fact the 1st point they point out, here

1.—(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—
(a) he causes a computer to perform any function with intent to secure access to any program or data held in any computer;
(b) the access he intends to secure is unauthorised; and
(c) he knows at the time when he causes the computer to perform the function that that is the case.
(2) The intent a person has to have to commit an offence under this section need not be directed at—
(a) any particular program or data;
(b) a program or data of any particular kind; or
(c) a program or data held in any particular computer.
(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or to both.

Look at 1. B) access which is unauthorised, which is what he did. So he can be locked up for 6 months if they find him.

WTF is going on??? i'm not beliving anything till a offical statement is made by valve!

Drayvn said:
It is a felony to hack someones account on anything which has a password, here is the Computer Misuse Act of 1990, its in fact the 1st point they point out, here

1.—(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—
(a) he causes a computer to perform any function with intent to secure access to any program or data held in any computer;
(b) the access he intends to secure is unauthorised; and
(c) he knows at the time when he causes the computer to perform the function that that is the case.
(2) The intent a person has to have to commit an offence under this section need not be directed at—
(a) any particular program or data;
(b) a program or data of any particular kind; or
(c) a program or data held in any particular computer.
(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or to both.

Look at 1. B) access which is unauthorised, which is what he did. So he can be locked up for 6 months if they find him.

I hope they do i find him, teach him a lesson.

pixartist said:
lol security systems password was "valve" :E

hahah.

Encrypted HL2 files, enter password

pass = halflife2

i'm still so surprised with Gabe's and Valve's patience with the community. a few people keep trying to **** Gabe/Valve over, but still, Valve continue to work away on HL2 and various other things for our benefit. amazing.

i wouldn't blame Valve if they turned around after the release of HL2 and gave us all the finger and never developed another game for the PC again.

that's what i'd do anyway. :hmph:

When people do things like hack valve's staff accounts etc....it just adds time onto the release date...

With the money they will make on hl2, it would'nt surprize me either...

Dedalus said:
i'm still so surprised with Gabe's and Valve's patience with the community. a few people keep trying to **** Gabe/Valve over, but still, Valve continue to work away on HL2 and various other things for our benefit. amazing.

i wouldn't blame Valve if they turned around after the release of HL2 and gave us all the finger and never developed another game for the PC again.

Yeah, but if all developers like you, they will lose big amount of money................. :sleep: ;( :dork:

lemmingzappa said:
When people do things like hack valve's staff accounts etc....it just adds time onto the release date...

How does this situation move back any potential release date?

Dedalus said:
i'm still so surprised with Gabe's and Valve's patience with the community. they keep trying to **** Gabe/Valve over, but still, they work away on HL2 and various other things.

Remember, we give them money! This is Valve's job. Every job has aspects which you don't like. But most people put up with them for the greater parts. For valve, they get money, adoring fans, and more money. They are the Britney Spears of video games.

--------------------
jb55The super-intelligent over at hl2central are saying hl2 is being delayed once again. Please give me a quote of some kind so I can prove them wrong and get the news corrected.

Just give me a simple yes or no, is it delayed again? Thank you for your time.

Gabe Right now we are looking at our bug numbers. Each day you fix some bugs and you find some new bugs. The net number tells you how quickly you will get to zero.

At our current rate of find/fix bugs, we'll be down to zero bugs in 16 days.
--------------------

Back