1001 signs that you've played too much Half Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tantalus

Reaction score
1 ) You spend all of your spare time trying to design a real gravity gun.

2) Everytime you turn around you see a man in a suit, and you refuse to admit to the therapist that he isn't real.

3) You've gotten a degree from MIT for flipping switches.

Feel free to add on to these, only 998 left!

(Don't forget to number your signs)

5. You join halflife2.net and instantly make twelve thousand "Gravity Gun vs. Revolver" topics

7) You knock random real objects over just to look at the 'physics'

8. You spend all your free time either playing Half-Life 2, dreaming about Half-Life 2 comics, or posting in Halflife2.net.

EDIT
bliink, I actually do that, and admiring reflections..I'm sad.

9) You try to paint your house by repeatedly flinging the same paint can at the walls.

The Thing said:
/me pushes bliink :O

wheee.. ragdolls! :bounce:
/me ragdolls

yeah.. when games start causing you to admire stuff like real world reflections etc.. you know its good.

10. You get excited in real life because your view doesnt jerk back and forth when something cool happens.

11) You have a shrine dedicated to your fictional girlfriend, Alyx.

YARRRGH!!! *Jumps onto The Thing* Gotcha! :p *Insert flamethrower wielding psycho remark here*
Didnt you see?!.. He poked you.... You're infected! *Flames everybody*

*Cough* Yeah er... 10: You keep trying to "Use" you're pc and most people. 11: You always go around with a crowbar... Crushing everything you see. 12: Sombody is pissing you off... You treathen to impulse 101 on him...

I actually think I have a disease that causes me to impulsively shoot every single barrel I see in Counter-Strike: Source. My god I loved the blue gravity gun as well :D

10 ) You make a pile of Combine bodies with the blue gravity gun and call it art (like the sculptor who has that entire park in Oslo, Norway with all the nude sculptures? That obelisk is frightening!)

11 ) You have constant dreams about Half-Life 2 (Alyx pr0n ones don't count)

12 ) You've taken over a thousand Half-Life 2 screenshots to date

13 ) You're on a mod team.

14 ) You're on two mod teams.

15 ) You're on three.

this one isnt mine, and isnt exactly about Halflife 2, but about Counter strike (credit to whoever said this, great stuff!)

You carry a knife to work to get there faster

16) You keep running up to women, ogling them and pushing against them.

17) You run forwards at a police officer, stare for a while, then dive backwards in anticipation of a prodding.

18) You thwack people with a crowbar when they block your way in the corridor.

19. When you keep thinking to yourself "the right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world" whenever you are trying to accomplish somthing you're having trouble with, even when it has nothing to do with being the right man or in the wrong place.

20) You think about stabbing 'g' and flinging that radiator at your boss.

21) After doing something tricky, you hit F6

22) You swear you just heard a manhack noise in the airconditioning duct behind your head...

EDIT: 23) You swear your HDD just made a manhack noise :eek:

24) You're still waiting for Barney to buy you that beer, but you are too quiet to ask.

bliink said:
22) You swear you just heard a manhack noise in the airconditioning duct behind your head...

EDIT: 23) You swear your HDD just made a manhack noise :eek:
LOL dude you guys are so funny. Carrying a knife to work to get there faster sounds like a good idea...

25) When you see real grates, vents and/or ductwork you wonder what items you can find within them.

I hear noises from the HL series all the time. ;(

26) When a helicopter flies overhead, you instinctively pull out a rocket launcher and try shooting it down.

27) You look for Lamda locacions.

28) You belive NYC is a sucessfull combine invasion of Citadels.

The Thing said:
I hear noises from the HL series all the time. ;(

Do they occur when you happen to be playing the HL series? if so, thats normal :p

actually, i do notice alot of the sound effects/music bits in tv.. seems that some of them are/were stock sounds.

bliink said:
Do they occur when you happen to be playing the HL series? if so, thats normal :p

actually, i do notice alot of the sound effects/music bits in tv.. seems that some of them are/were stock sounds.

No, in real life...like walking down the street and suddenly hearing the HL vent fan noise from an air conditioner. ;(

29) you draw the lambda symbol when you are bored in class
(this one is real)

The Thing said:
No, in real life...like walking down the street and suddenly hearing the HL vent fan noise from an air conditioner. ;(

its weird.. i guess its like thinking a tree has "nice textures" in real life :p
and seriously.. i could have sworn i just heard a manhack :rolleyes:

Thadius Dean said:
29) you draw the lambda symbol when you are bored in class
(this one is real)
I do that too!

31) You smash wooden crates with your handy-dandy crowbar.
32) You legally change your name to Gordon Freeman.

2 things so far...

33) Have dreams or nightmares about HL2

34) Get anxious or nervous when a chopper flys by.

35)You constantly imagine what you could do if you had a real gravity gun.
36)Whenever you see a puddle, or a flock of birds flying away you think, "wow, looks just like HL2!"

37. You keep trying to explain the theory to your wife or girlfriend but they just don't care.

38) You visualize that the building that you live in could make a good level in Half-Life.

(really, it could, it's so creepy a night time)

39) You daydream about throwing tables at people you hate.

40) You imagine, when sitting in a classroom, what the room would look like once you have the Manipulator at hand. Grabbing the desks and chairs with your Manipulator and launching them around the room for fun. Watching the bodies of the students ragdoll around. Piling all the desks up in a corner and laughing. (This one.........is for real)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back