2 possibly 3 Zombie types??

Is it just me or have the "super zombie" (gonome) a green eye on each shoulder?

Looks to me a bit like the entire chest is becoming a new head.

:eek:

Me scared!

Seeya.

Originally posted by Brian Damage
Looks to me a bit like the entire chest is becoming a new head.

:eek:

Me scared!

Seeya.

I had nothing to do so...

...i made my own zombie stage.

It will not use the Claws to attack, but for movment, this guy can prolly hang in a ceiling to... to scare the shit out of people :)

you know, it might just be we unraveled the entire half life plot: the xen homeworld was once a flourishing planet with normal humans, but then some weird meteor struck, with funny little crabs in them... to make a long story short: the crabs used the humans for carriers: they mutated to zombies and after a long while (after the 4-5 stages) they would go into a coccoon and from it, all other aliens weve seen so far could mutate. but now the xen world is without humans and thats why theyre invading earth: they need new hosts :p

or would that be too farfetched? ;)

http://hl2.gamingsource.co.uk/content/media/shots/art_5.jpg black bubbles: offspring or maybe mutating into a mouth?

Originally posted by DeltaBlast
http://hl2.gamingsource.co.uk/content/media/shots/art_5.jpg black bubbles: offspring or maybe mutating into a mouth?

That's what I was referring to when I said "Eye Zombie", as that black bubbly area looks like a compound eye to me. Some kind of scout caused by a different strain of crab, or by the crab being unable to seat itself correctly on the guy's head?:cool:

More varieties of zombie/gonome thingies would be cool.:E

Seeya.

Originally posted by Brian Damage
That's what I was referring to when I said "Eye Zombie", as that black bubbly area looks like a compound eye to me. Some kind of scout caused by a different strain of crab, or by the crab being unable to seat itself correctly on the guy's head?:cool:

Maybe, the host was retarded and kept having neck spazms and the head crab couldn't get on properly.

Might have to play through the original HL and it's expansions again to remind me of all the alien types. Still, byt the time I'm done HL2 might be out :p

MayBEE

couldn't headscrabs attach on alien heads in HL2. imagine alien slave zombie...

you mean combine? they have masks on so probably no; other humanoids? I have no clue.. probably just dumb civilians

Originally posted by Tropico
Is a strider mechanical or an animal?

We've yet to find out, I personally guess it might be a hybrid of the two, just like the manatees.

My personal theory is that the head crabs both control the body and slowly feed on it. They probably reproduce in it too. This would make biological sense. They are large exo-parasites who controls the host body. Much like the Harvesters from Moo3

There are probably also a few different sub-species.

I think the striders are living machines, like the Vorlon ships in B5. The aliens seem to have a partially organic technology.

eh... you people are forgetting 2 other stages..

the Gonarch :
gonarch.jpg

and the Baby Headcrab :
babyheadcrabs.jpg

The Gonarch poops those babies out of that sack..

then those babies grow into Headcrabs :
headcrab.jpg

and then as they travel to our world, they attach to humans and become Zombies :
zombie.jpg

I'm assumeing the headcrabs detach from the body once they grow large enough and then turn into those big things maybe.. or maybe due to the attachment to a body, it fuses to it somehow and turns into something entirely different..

In the traptown vid...Gorden kills the body of a zombie just to have the headcrab detach an come after him.

There are probably like 5-7 zombie types. I mean they have the engine man power money and source. Whats really stopping them from continuing the plot

Different zombie types is plot? And here I thought plot was a deeply involving story that made you care about what happened and the characters involved, as well as justifying the events and making you think about some general truth about the world.

But different types of zombies it is. ;)

I'm pretty sure Gonarch was a queen headcrab, like an ant. Queen ants aren't very much like smaller ones.

In any case, I hope that there is another Gonarch or two in HL2. :cool:

Me too. Someone was arguing a while back that the Gonarch was an unrelated species, but I think it was a fully-grown headcrab. After all, it does drop cute little baby ones, complete with yolk sac, like baby fish.

Looks like between Gonome and Gonarch they develop a hardened exoskeleton. Maybe we'll meet some half-grown gonarchs. That'd be cool.:E

Seeya.

no, plot the general direction of the story, and what basically happens. You're thinking about theme :p The different types would fall under setting, or maybe subplot if they were actually significant to the story at all.

Originally posted by Kon
eh... you people are forgetting 2 other stages..

the Gonarch :
gonarch.jpg

and the Baby Headcrab :
babyheadcrabs.jpg

we were talking about the zombies, after the headcrab has been attached, but you're right about headcrab's stages

Back