7-11 = racist

It`s a play on a character from a popular animation.

Get a grip.

PC gone mad folks, no one appreciates light hearted humour these days.

nothing in the world should be funny and everything is serious business! arrgghhhsdfgsf!!!

Not Simpsons fans I guess. :D

In related news I saw a 7-11 sign in Boston where they wrote it out so it said "7 Eleven." It disturbed me.

Wow, get the **** over it.

It's a promotion for The Simpsons Movie, ffs.
You've(They've) had 18 years to call it racist.

dam talk about movies comerrcial campaigns

That's awesome. I might buy something from 7-11 for the first time in years.

Wow, get the **** over it.

It's a promotion for The Simpsons Movie, ffs.
You've(They've) had 18 years to call it racist.

It's ****ing racist promotion, that's what it is.

Light-hearted humor? That's what disturbs me the most. That exploiting racial stereotypes for the sake of humor should be taken lightly is disturbing.

Hell with it, let's bring back Jim Crow -- that was funny at the time, too.

jimcrow.jpg

It's ****ing racist promotion, that's what it is.

Light-hearted humor? That's what disturbs me the most. That exploiting racial stereotypes for the sake of humor should be taken lightly is disturbing.

Hell with it, let's bring back Jim Crow -- that was funny at the time, too.

jimcrow.jpg

I bet he would like a nice piece of refreshing watermelon/KFC.

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Racism !? WTF!??
People seriously need to stop this crap and live some more.. IT'S a F*CKING skincolour dammit!
Btw awesome idea with the store and all that *thumbs up*.

if indu americans wher offende dby apu yhey would have protested before

Racism !? WTF!??
People seriously need to stop this crap and live some more.. IT'S a F*CKING skincolour dammit!
Btw awesome idea with the store and all that *thumbs up*.

Yeah, a skin color along with a bad, thick accent and all the mysticism associated with the hindu indian.

if indu americans wher offende dby apu yhey would have protested before

And they did, but no one ever heard. And that's the weakest argument I've ever heard to justify this blatantly racist advertising campaign.

Now, 7-11 storeowners who are ACTUALLY desis will actually have to dress up in Apu outfits. That sucks.

We need a 7-11 here in the UK!

I couldn?t help but detect a thick cloud of depression emanating from the employee who rang up my bean burrito

Maybe he's emenating a cloud of depression because his job is to sell you bean burritos.

This is stupid. Apu has been around for a while, stop taking everything so damn seriously.

Jerry is the life and soul of the party.

Because everyone else leaves when he arrives...

On that note, goodnight.

And that somehow makes it ok..? Tell me, how is Apu NOT racist?

Because he's not a one sided racist stereotype. Anyone who frequently watched the Simpsons knows he's a proud Indian, husband, and father who is extremely intelligent and loves his job. He's probably one of, if no THE, best human being to be a normal character on the show. And he's a damn good dancer too.

And that somehow makes it ok..? Tell me, how is Apu NOT racist?

Because he doesn't cast indian people in a poor light? He has a Ph.D. in computer science, he's a faithful hindu, a family man and quite above the average intelligence of the rest of Springfield (Not a huge feat, but still).

EDIT* Thankyou Direwolf.

Because he's not a one sided racist stereotype. Anyone who frequently watched the Simpsons knows he's a proud Indian, husband, and father who is extremely intelligent and loves his job. He's probably one of, if no THE, best human being to be a normal character on the show. And he's a damn good dancer too.

Jerry, you have failed for this man is 100% correct.

yeah, compare that to Simpsons sterotyping of your typical white american. Overweight and stupid...

Rattle your cage all you want, but this isn't racist. Lynching a person because of the colour of his skin is racist, not serving someone because he's black is racist. Ethinically wiping out people because of there decendency is racist. Stop belitting the word with pathetic crap like this.

yeah, compare that to Simpsons sterotyping of your typical white american. Overweight and stupid...

Rattle your cage all you want, but this isn't racist. Lynching a person because of the colour of his skin is racist, not serving someone because he's black is racist. Ethinically wiping out people because of there decendency is racist. Stop belitting the word with pathetic crap like this.

That's pretty much the Simpsons philosophy, they make fun of every country, ethnicity and faith, but they always treat the WASP the worst.

I find it ironic they talk about racism and then go on to suggest only Indians work at these type of places. My 7-11 is run by white people.

Jerry, how are you not a racist? Do you think it's ok to only look after the interests of Indian people who are portrayed in a caricature that has been in mainstream american television for the past decade? What about the white people? Where is the racism againt white people? Chinese? Native American?

Perhaps you think that only Indian people deserve to speak out against anything that might make fun of them? Where is the equality in that? Would you like to call me a racist because I'm not going to use any other punctuation other than a question mark in this post? Am I racist against other punctuation marks? Does this make me a bad person?

/sarcasm

You want the commercial campaign changed/shut down becouse it features an indian? How is that not racist?

Anyone who frequently watched the Simpsons knows he's a proud Indian, husband, and father who is extremely intelligent and loves his job. He's probably one of, if no THE, best human being to be a normal character on the show. And he's a damn good dancer too.
It's not a negative stereotype, but it's still a stereotype.
I guess it boils down to whether you think any stereotype is okay.

Note: I do NOT find this racist in any way.

Yes, it's slightly racist - get the **** over it, it's not hurting anyone and his mannerisms are no more exaggerated than any other character on The Simpsons.

Stereotype does not equal racism.

By your logic, a good half of comedy around the world is racist.

You got a lot of bitching to do, better start now.

its advertising the new simpson movie, what do you want? a white guy? a mexican? a asian? i dont see the difference really

Back