A few more 3D screenshots.

LittleB

Reaction score
Remember, the farther you sit from your monitor, the easier it'll get.

Attachments

• Half-Life_2_3D_1_crosseye.jpg
    Half-Life_2_3D_1_crosseye.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,244
  • Half-Life_2_3D_1_seethrough.jpg
    Half-Life_2_3D_1_seethrough.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 947
  • Half-Life_2_3D_2_crosseye.jpg
    Half-Life_2_3D_2_crosseye.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 773
  • Half-Life_2_3D_2_seethrough.jpg
    Half-Life_2_3D_2_seethrough.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 631
lol seriously, i cant do it, do i just stare real hard? i dont think i can cross my eyes :( I'm such a loser.

Some more.

Attachments

• Half-Life_2_3D_3_crosseye.jpg
    Half-Life_2_3D_3_crosseye.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 626
  • Half-Life_2_3D_3_seethrough.jpg
    Half-Life_2_3D_3_seethrough.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 431
  • Half-Life_2_3D_5_crosseye.jpg
    Half-Life_2_3D_5_crosseye.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 480
  • Half-Life_2_3D_5_seethrough.jpg
    Half-Life_2_3D_5_seethrough.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 372
for me it's technically impossible. would have to fix my eyes first :eek: ;(

im assuming you didnt mean to say "A few more 3D screenshits"

cross your eys really hard and you see the image as 3D.

i suggest looking at the crosseyed ones...cross ur eyes first , then try to find the image..and these are amazing!! as close to real life as it gets;)

See, I cross my eyes really hard and all I see are 4 pictures pretty far from eachother. I then move my face closer to the screen so then both images are within eachother...and I dont notice anything other than nasea, temple pain and bleeding from the anus.

THIS ROCKS.

-Alix

when you cross your eyes, all you see is blurry crap... how are you supposed to see anything

this is bullshit, it pisses me off that i cant see it

edit: ****ING SHIT I CANT SEE IT.. ARGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i cant do it on a computer, maybe the screen reflects to much light in my room?

These are nice! You have a pretty good intuition of how far apart the human eyes are. That is, you know where to stand when taking the shots.

I especially liked the one with the buggy! But the one with the crane is a little weird, I suppose it has too much depth.

Um, whenever I cross my eyes everything gets blurry. Is that supposed to happen?

Controlling the eye muscles is difficult and a pretty useless skill all-in-all. But once you learn to do it... well, you'll be able to look at stereo-images :)

1 more. I like making these, they're fun to look at :)

Attachments

• Half-Life_2_3D_4_crosseye.jpg
    Half-Life_2_3D_4_crosseye.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 401
heh, I've been doing these types of things since I was four. Goto love it. Fun Fun!

good work BTW

I don't have a clue on what to do.... the cross-eye and see through? o.0
Anyone care to explain exactly the steps to see this?

Big Fat Duck said:
when you cross your eyes, all you see is blurry crap... how are you supposed to see anything

this is bullshit, it pisses me off that i cant see it

edit: ****ING SHIT I CANT SEE IT.. ARGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol, me too.

I don't get how to see these. I can cross my eyes fine...

Is it just the same as those "magic eye" images you used to get? So you have to go really close up then slowly go further away and you can see it?

Zet said:
Controlling the eye muscles is difficult and a pretty useless skill all-in-all. But once you learn to do it... well, you'll be able to look at stereo-images :)

That's what stereo 3d glasses are for

Use the "crosseye" version. Just keep your head still and look at the pictures. Slowly cross your eyes until the two pictures "overlap" in your vision. Then try to relax your eyes as if trying to focus on the merged picture in between, ignoring the two "real" pictures.

If it doesn't work, try doing it a little closer to the monitor or a little further away from it.

wow it took me about 10 minutes of staring but I got it, the cross eyed ones atleast. The seethrough I can get for a couple seconds but I can't hold it. It took me incredible concentration. First just make sure your eyes are parallel to the screen, if you're heads at a funny angle it will screw things up. Then just cross your eyes until the two pictures overlap and focus on the overlap in the middle. The crane is a good one because the big magnet provides a focus to concentrate on. I find the crosshair isn't so good because it's not actually 3d. Once you get it, you definitely get it and then it's easy to get again. A realtime stereo rendering mod would be pretty cool, although there'd be 10x as much motion sickness

A realtime stereo rendering mod would be pretty cool, although there'd be 10x as much motion sickness

Not to mention twice the rendering and about 80% of the people not being able to play, at least without practice :)

Just look at the right one with your left eye and vice-versa. Get a reference point and focus on that until it clears up, then just focus your eyes like that. Here's a "camera 1, camera 2" (Wayne's world...LOL!) view, for those cross-eyed impaired:
1screenshit.gif

I want that mod for HL2. I could play like that for hours. Once I get focused right my eyes feel fine, I could stay like that for hours, and the shots look beautiful.

sweet now I see it ^^
took me awhile but I think the eaiset one to view is the one with the magnet and buggy

HAHAHAHA! I GOT IT! OMG!

I can do the parrelel version just fine. Too cool.

*looks at rest of the people who cant do it.*
OMG SUX2B-U OMGLOLPWND.

:|

-Alix

Back