A Heavy Update

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>[br]Some of you may have thought that the Pyro Update for Team Fortress 2 packed in a whole heap of new stuff. While that was true at the time, the Heavy Update is going to come along and change the way we view Team Fortress 2 updates for ever. The update is going to be so big that a new Heavy Update website had to be created to pack in all the news that will be drip fed to us over the next week with the update being planned to go live next Tuesday.[br]The update will feature three unlockable weapons and thirty-five all new achievements for the Heavy. In addition you can expect to see a whole new game mode along with five maps for it to launch. Furthermore there will be a new Payload map which will have more open spaces than Goldrush, and if that is not enough the community map, cp_steel will also feature in the update.[br]Keep your eyes peeled here for new information, screenshots and a special installment of the 'Meet The Team' videos. For now, check out this page for the lowdown on cp_steel.

The game mode will be called "Achievement Grind" and the new maps will be "achievementbox1,2,3,4,5".

Dang!

OMG it's finally coming. :O But I'm in France next week so I'm gonna miss the launch :flame: Gonna have to wait :angry::angry:

next week ? wow its time to contact my friends to cheat our way up LOL

would have been nice if they used the tf blog to announce every new part instead of making another website, but cool anyway!

That's really sweet - and they will be including cp_steel as an official map! I played this map in few servers and I have to say it's pretty cool, so great to know everyone will be able to play it as well now!

/frustrated!!
Im so excited to see what they have come up with :D
BUT Im starting on "college" this monday and can't bring my gaming pc!

Cp_Steel looks interesting, but in all honesty it looks like a Tc map where you get to choose how to attack.

As for the rest of it, I am psyched.

Valve are simply the best, this is insane. Btw they need to find a way to prevent the achievement cheaters. Its just stupid.

I think I shat a brick and came simultaneously!!
I'm so hyped... again!! I love TF2 and Valve.

It would be kind of cool if they gave no indication of what the Heavy unlockables will be and they surprise us the day of release.

Guess I won't be picking up some extra hours next tuesday and wednesday. hehe

Thanks again Valve.

A more open map than Goldrush? Bring the snipers!

Amidst this we will also see a new 'Meet the...' video which has crept up pretty quickly and without much call for it :D Valve beat us to it.

can't wait for the new "meet the team" video, cuz i have it for 360 and not PC... yet, so there's nothing else too look forward to

Finally VALVe get the update timing right ^_^

I start my holidays from uni next week (only for 2 weeks though :( )

7 new maps. Wow. Does anyone think the 5 new maps that go with the new mode will be small? Maybe the new mode will be like a football style mode. On the TF2 blog they're referred to as "arenas".

Wow looks like a great update and they chose cp_steel for the community map like I was hoping.

Valve said:
If you're firing up your email right now to tell us that we never get anything right, please include suggestions of what map(s) we should be looking at next.
lol

Valve are simply the best, this is insane. Btw they need to find a way to prevent the achievement cheaters. Its just stupid.

Ehm, that wouldn't be such a good idea... First do you want people to farm achivement instead of you know, playing with the team.
And second, what's bad about achivement servers? Do you really need to brag about your shiny new gun that bad that you got cause you're so such a pro?

I'm amazed, I actually wasn't expecting anything for another month at least D:

No no no!!!!
I have work all next week for long ass hours
And I won't be able to play till next Friday!!!!

*pees pants*

Now I will finally play TF2 again! My favourite map ever is becoming official! New weapons and achievements for one of my favourite classes! New payload map! MY HEAD CAN NOT COTAIN THIS MUCH AWESOMENESS!!!

where is the official announcement of a new meet the team vid plox?

This is stupendous. It sounds as if the new mode has it so they can pull maps out of their ass. I'm quite excited for every aspect of this.

I'm thinking it's going to be a TDM of sorts.

Hell yes! An unexpectedly massive update, SIX new maps? Great, looks like another solid month of TF2.

I think it's released on the first day of classes for me though :(

Back