A Heavy Update

At ****ing last Valve give us what TF2's been needing since the Beta: a decent-sized mapcycle.

Steel sounds genuinely interesting, as interesting as the new game mode in my eyes.

man, I'm rofling at the names of all those achievements

You can see what the achivment has to do with by right-clicking, "save-as" and look at the code.

You can see what the achivment has to do with by right-clicking, "save-as" and look at the code.
Good find! Looking at "Don't Touch Sandvich" is gained by "Heavy killing Scouts" That made me giggle :D

Someone told me that one of the unlocks is a sandwich which gives you 100 HP when you eat it. I don't trust him.

Okay, the achievement of my new avatar. Is it possible that the fist taunt could become lethal, like the hadoken? tf_kill_taunt

I really hope so

Looks like some of the achievments go well with the medic achievments.

Someone told me that one of the unlocks is a sandwich which gives you 100 HP when you eat it. I don't trust him.

My friend came up with this idea independently. There are two sandwich-mentioning achievements. The "Konspicuous Konsumption" achievement has the filename tf_heavy_eat_sandwiches. I call that OMG CONFIRMED!!!

Hurray for the gloves! Maybe that medic achievement where the Heavy must kill 2 people with fists in a single Uber-charge will be possible now. Also they make good avatars ^^

Looking at cp_steel I realized I've played it before. It was too confusing for me to understand at the time and I got lost. /:

I find all maps confusing when I first start playing them. Admittedly Steel is more confusing than most due the number of paths and how the map changes with cp captures. I'd give it another go, it might take a few rounds more to learn but it's a good map once you learn it, plus after the update most players won't know the layout either.

Today's update is later than yesterday's :( Must know next unlock!

I read the Redistribution of Health image name as heavy_heals_medics and was like WTF?!

Its up.

It sounds promising, but I would only use it if the amount of speed reduced from the target was quite a substantial amount.

Interesting, but I think I'll stick with Sasha. The limited situations with which you could use this is to much of a negative.

I have a feeling Natascha's gonna be much more effective with a Kritz then an uber...

it's a bit boring really...

is that a new environment type in the background though? forest-y?

Could be, looks like rocky outcrop/highland area.

I'm loving the Heavy update so far, but I'm not to sure what to make of “Natascha”. For starters I know Valve have a lot to do but they seem to be getting a bit lazy with the models of the new main weapons. The Medics "Kritz" was pretty damn good and different from the "Uber", the Pyro's "Backburner" looked pretty cool though a bit lazy as they only added the snake head, and "Natascha" is just "Sasha" but with that ammo bit and the barrel made black. Onto the more important side of what it does, it seems like its lacking. I thought they weren't going to make weapons effect other class’s movement? (Don't ask me where I heard that :p ) They were verging on breaking that rule with the push back feature on the "Flamethrower" but being able to slow people down is maybe taking it a step too far. I know they have to make sure it doesn't change the game play too much but come on, surely they could have given something to the Heavy that is more interesting than bullets that slow. Also, why have they not made it so it’s a bit more accurate than "Sasha" or maybe a faster spin up time, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference with this weapon.
As always I know Valve have done loads of play testing and I'm sure it works a treat, just wasn't what I was expecting...

You do realize that its "Level 5" Main Heavy Gun...

I always thought the "Level" was more of a gimic than an actual level. Does this mean we are going to see other "Levels"?
As I said in my last post, I just generally thought it would have more diffrences then its going to. I'm just being picky! ;)

I'm loving the Heavy update so far, but I'm not to sure what to make of ?Natascha?. For starters I know Valve have a lot to do but they seem to be getting a bit lazy with the models of the new main weapons.

I'd rather have a re-skinned weapon then something completely new which would take longer to make. As long as players can visually distinguish one weapon from another then I see no problem with Valve's current design method.

I'd rather have a re-skinned weapon then something completely new which would take longer to make. As long as players can visually distinguish one weapon from another then I see no problem with Valve's current design method.

I completely agree with you, which is why I said "I know Valve have a lot to do". Plus I understand that they must keep it a similar shape, size etc. to make it easy to recognize. I only said this because the Medic weapons aren't overly different (in shape anyway) but seemed more unique then lets say the Backburner to the Flamethrower.
The fact Valve are even doing these type of updates is amazing so I'm not complaining, just noticed they are being more "simple" now with their modifications.

One thing that still pisses me off to no end: the Backburner is of noticeably lower detail than the Flamethrower. Take a look at the metal bands that hold the flame tube in place. Then again I'm OCD/Type-A so most people won't care the way I do.

I like that the unlockable weapons are similar to the originals. Valve talks a lot about consistency and symbolism in visual design, so it makes sense that weapons with similar-but-unique functions have similar-but-unique looks to them.

I don't mind that the unlockables look similar to the originals. If a heavy is shooting at me, I'm not going to take time to wonder which weapon he's using, I'm going to get the hell out of there. If a pyro is trying to circle around me and hit me from the back with his flamethrower, I'm not going to me more inclined to let him do it if he's not using the backburner.

I don't mind that the unlockables look similar to the originals. If a heavy is shooting at me, I'm not going to take time to wonder which weapon he's using, I'm going to get the hell out of there. If a pyro is trying to circle around me and hit me from the back with his flamethrower, I'm not going to me more inclined to let him do it if he's not using the backburner.

That's a fair point, I rarely have time to decipher what the enemy is using. However saying that, when you do see the "Snake" head of the Backburner, you know for sure not to turn your back!

Has there been a delay on the update?

It was out at around 8.30pm UK time on Friday.

Back