A message to the moderators...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abom doesn't seem to be very keen on handling this in private. I don't really care, but since he's finally decided to speak with me on this issue I'll do my part and respond.
It's not really off topic since this thread is about issues and opinions with moderators.
Abom said:
I'm not going to argue about this; I've explained my reasons for doing so in the IRC channel, but I can't seem to drill it into your head. I can't be bothered to try it all over again on the forum.
The only reason I saw you "explaining" was in my previous reply. I doubt you have reasons for calling Cybernoid a dick and completely mocking a friend of mine just because he wasn't a member of the forums, does that automatically mean his opinion isn't worth anything?

It wasn't as much the action of posting the private message as your behaviour afterwards that made me react, continually defending yourself by using your usual rude way of speech and sarcastic comments, however in a much bigger portion, to point out your view, and pointing out false statements and clearly showing you cannot handle extreme cases like this particular one.
People usually don't consider sarcasm being a form of communicating, especially not a serious one.

Abom said:
Fine, kick up a fuss wherever you want to. It seems like you're just on your own, anyway, so whatever. I'm the same Abom on both the forums and IRC, and so is Cybernoid - he acted the way he did on both the forums and IRC, which is why I decided to paste the abuse he hurled at me into the channel - just to show how pathetic he was being. But no, lord CrazyHarij has a problem with doing that kind of thing, I must bow down an apologize this instant!
Great, you just made me bring it up again.
I wasn't the only one surprised by that action, although I'm the only one who decided to try and do something about it instead of just sitting quiet and act like the usual brown nose and pretend it's raining. And you are once again using your trademark Sarcastic Remark™ which is playing a bigger part in your posts than the actual point you're trying to point out.

So from your point of view I'm only one person so my opinion is not worth more than a pile of shit? You lack experience and competence, that's why I'm not surprised why one of your arguments include me being only "one" person.

Start making sense; are you talking about moderating the forums, or operating the channel? Because I thought we were talking about the channel right now. Decide, and then we'll talk.
I'm talking about moderating either. If one is exposing an IRC channel to a certain form of moderation, I am going to expect the person to expose a forum to the same form of moderating, especially when both community parts are representing eachother.
Again, you've used this kind of attitude every time you bring up this subject. You know I don't ban anyone without just cause, so you might as well stop trying to be funny now.

Are you honestly surprised that people use these kind of expressions in your vicinity? Whenever there's a chance you use a sarcastic remark of some sort, you joke about the matter of banning people, even your freaking avatar helps you hide under this shell, for crying out loud. I hope I don't have to refresh your memory on this.

Sprafa, abuse of power is not necessary and heavily frowned upon in most communities, at least in those I've been a member and in some cases moderator of.

I think all moderation (except for links to external sources) should be stopped and absolute anarchy allowed to previal.

Surely I'm not the only one who would like to see what would happen?

Anyway I like some of the staff here then there are ones I don't and thats to be expected as there are people on hl2fallout who don't like me (http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=981&st=0&#entry16571), however I think the situation here has become very grim.

I'm not a prime example of a moderator myself, but there's three things I know that are highly important to being a good moderator.

1)Moderate your own posts to higher standards than the rest of the board
2)but don't take yourself or the baords too seriously
3)Don't act like your god's gift to all mankind

I make a conscious effort to follow these rules (except number 2, that comes naturally). I know that on some forums the moderators role is different so these don't apply, but here they certainly do here.

I won't name names because I don't follow these boards closely enough to back any claims I make up plus, I seem to get on well with a few of the HL2.net staff so I wouldn't want to bash there site/friends any more than I already have done. Not without provocation anyway.

Before I go though i would like to say that I'm glad that I joined HL2.net all those months ago and that I have enjoyed being part of the community here and will continue to come here even though my articles arn't considered news worthy nor any news from HL2Fallout for that matter.

I went through my logs for that day in question in irc and frankly both sides were a little thickheaded but using that particular incident is flawed. He pasted part of a pm , so what? If it was privilaged or sensitive personal information I would of been at the head of the queue to give him a slap. But given the context of the situation I didnt see any problems with it and frankly you both looked like you were after anargument to me.

If thats not the case apologies, but I'm going to close this thread because it has wandered off the cliff and broke up on the rocks beneath.

Perhaps the two of you should sit down and talk about this amicably rather than this going back and forth.

I've said it before and I'll say it again if anyone has any problems with anything send the details on to myself , starmonkey or munro and we'll deal with it.

This thread was a good idea at the start and we appreciate the sentiments but it has gotten a little out of hand, so closed.

I decided to delete my other post, because I want to work this out with you Harij. Knock up a PM at some point and we'll talk this through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back