About the easter egg..

N

Noalear

So there is definitly SOMETHING on that 600mb E3 video. I've got tons of tools to analyze every frame in the video and multiple video converters. If anyone has anything to save time/help me I'd be very thankful. I am going to analyze the entire thing. Its going to take a very very long time, but im a dedicated Half Life fan. It will be later tonight before I have anything. Thanks and please load this thread full of helpers! :dork:

Who cares. The hour of truth is nearly upon us.

Or something.

:O WHO CARES?! We still have 8 and a HALF days!!! IFFFF there isnt a delay which there will be because it happens with every cool game. Maybe there is something we can find.

what kind of thing are u looking for? i dont quite understand

Originally posted by Noalear
IFFFF there isnt a delay which there will be because it happens with every cool game. Maybe there is something we can find.

It's great to finally hear an informed opinion regarding the release date on these forums

I found the easter egg, or what I believe to be the easter egg...

In the tech-demo part, where it's showcasing the graphic capability of the Source engine, when the player looks at the wall, you can see Alyx's father standing on one of the beams.
I didn't notice this until a few days ago, and at first I thought it was someone hanging from a noose... upon further inspection it is Alyx's father standing on a beam.

Hope this hasn't been stated before.

Thanks for your help so far. Im looking for those words when the strider teleports you. During teleportation there is a mathmatic equation and a paragraph. When i surfed through the teleportation sequence i noticed the silouhette of a horse.

at the end of the 600mb from fileplanet there's a lot o thing going on..you can see a horse, a man, some writings, some numbers...a women i think too...maybe if you match the colors of the pictures...there's always red, green and blue...sometimes you can see something opening that looks like an eye...i can take some screenshots...but i don't know where to host it.

I've found a few possible things that are the 'Easter Egg'.

1: The orange band on Barney's and other resistance fighters reminds me of the ones the Dutch Freedom Fighters wore on their arms during WWII.

2: Gordon has been in Xen during this time fighting to keep it in human hands. During the E3 video, the G-Man says, "We've been rather busy in your abscence, Mr. Freeman." and at the end of HL, we're told that, "The border world, Xen, is in our hands, for the time being, thanks to your efforts."

3: The water effect on characters... the model shown looks one HELL of a lot like Gordon's model in Half Life.

FYI about the strider shooting you and the teleportation.

I also looked closely at that movie, I looked at the health and armor of Gordon when the Strider shot him. They both gradually went down to 0 (like, not instant 0, but halved a number or two, then hit 0) which means in that sequence, Gordon actually dies. The teleporting has nothing to do with the strider hitting you, that's just Valve trying to look all cool and stuff, or perhaps showing off a separate sequence.

SaiboT, when you say "Tech demo" do you mean the demo of the source engine at work with the DX9 capabilities on? (aka: the demo with the really shiny tiling and the giant antlion just standing there like nothing's going on). Because Gabe said the easter egg was in the 600mb E3 demo, and the source demo was not a part of that E3 demo. However, if you meant a different movie, please tell us specifically what is happening and when, so we can all see "Alyx's father standing on a wooden plank". Thanks.

Wow. Very good guys. Im going to look over this thing deeply. Im going to examine each video thats been released. I cant get any of my programs to convert the MOV that the 600mb video is to somehting decently clear so i can frame by frame it. If anyone knows of any nice programs Id be very greatful

aha! the blue horse must be the same that is standing in the square in city 17!!!!! i copied the screens with text and i'm gonna do something to see if i can read! the horse! hehehe its the same from the city!

Originally posted by Andrix
aha! the blue horse must be the same that is standing in the square in city 17!!!!! i copied the screens with text and i'm gonna do something to see if i can read! the horse! hehehe its the same from the city!

I fail to see how that's a legitimate easter egg :dork:

1: The orange band on Barney's and other resistance fighters reminds me of the ones the Dutch Freedom Fighters wore on their arms during WWII.

: The water effect on characters... the model shown looks one HELL of a lot like Gordon's model in Half Life.

Those are two of the best ones I've heard yet, if true.

i'm not saying that it is the easter egg...i'm just saying it to people start to build something....help each other...i know it's not the easter...but it is something...

Originally posted by DaveKap

SaiboT, when you say "Tech demo" do you mean the demo of the source engine at work with the DX9 capabilities on?

he means the tech-demo at the beginning of the E3 footage, and yes, that has been noticed and discussed multiple times, and its not an egg, its just somehting to help give you an idea of the scale of the wall, or who knows, just for fun.

the only thing gabe said about the egg was somehting like "look at the eyes" so who knows. and also, ive seen full transcritptions of the end of the E3 where its all red letters. its just random things as far as first glance, and some pretty weird math problems. dont think anyone has done them

Originally posted by Andrix
i'm not saying that it is the easter egg...i'm just saying it to people start to build something....help each other...i know it's not the easter...but it is something...

Okay :cheers:

And I wholely agree that the water-material'd model is actually Gordon himself. That's really the best egg and suggest someone e-mail Gabe asking if we got it right :cheese:

Edit: Oh and that "Look at the eyes" quote, i never saw that before. Maybe he meant "look at the 'i's" and maybe the math equations at the end have "i" as a variable and solving the equations will show us the egg! ... that's extremely lame now that I think about it! :dozey:

Look at the eyes... maybe they are blinking in morse?

EsB

Does anyone want to transcribe those equations? They could have something to do with theoretical or quantum physics. I remember reading something along those lines in the email thread. I'm not saying I'll know them, but if anyone here studies quantum physics... and if not, hey, there's always google.

Added: There's a guy who looks like he's got a gas mask on while things are flying by... and his eyes are quite pronounced...

When people watch the ALyx part, they see the interactiveness and they expression ( they are BEAUTIFUL) !! BUT !! What does she say? AH-HA AH-HA! I will quote everything she says and make remarks afterwords.

"Gordon? Gordon snap out of it. Your staring at me again."
says Alyx
"Ahh warming up nicely."
says Dr. Kliener
"Are you sure you dont want me to swap out the polarizer?"
says Alyx
"That's not neccesary. Just checking for potential modular interference from the inter-----. Conditions would hardly be more ideal."
"Hmm. I hope so. I'm sorry Gordon. I can't help thinking this isn't going to work. We should have listened to my father and done it his way. Its just.. This is the first time I have had ANY hope of really striking back at the combine. And now were sitting ducks unless we can get this thing running. Come on Dr. Kliener are we going to get this thing working or not?"
says Alyx
"Now, now. There is nothing to be nervous about. Lets see. Amass this Field Flux should self-limit and ------- manifold parameters-----" The guy knocks a computer off the desk "Oh! Do be careful!"
says Dr. Kliener
"We should just cut our losses and... listen.. SCANNERS!"
says Alyx

OK! Information overload. I think Dr Kliener about said something very important so the guy knocked the computer off the table to stop him.
SO now i will start from the beginning and start asking questions.

'Your staring at me ->AGAIN<-' obviously again means hes did it before. Interesting. Maybe he has some kind of brain problem from whatever has happened after HL1. Implant? Maybe the G-Man wants to monitor his progress.

I dont know what a polarizer is. Anyone help out?

'Conditions could hardly seem more ideal.' This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.. Another " If i could only just get through this gate instead of walking 6miles around the wall packed with marines and monsters scenario.

Who is Alyx's father again? What did he do in Half Life 1? Did he mention anything about it? Striking back? Obviously the combine have destroyed her home, family, etc. She wants revenge.

At this point they must have lost many people. From the sound of it things aren't looking too good. By the way who ARE the combine? Slaves? Millitary? Aliens? Hmm..

Well, at the start of Half-Life before the experiments, they say its warming up nicely, and that conditions could hardly be more ideal... And then there's the soda machine, which I thought was a nice easter egg... and was Alyx's father the one who was saying that they shouldn't have gone and waited rather than doing the experiment that caused the resonance cascade? Yes, I think he was.

When they go to show the allies fighting along side you the first man to speak says "and we thought the problem at black mesa was bad!" I dont remember him at black mesa. Do you?

too bad you guys didn't search for earlier easter egg threads on the forum.
a LOT of stuff you think found and figured out has already been discussed.
i don't think it's wrong what you're doing... i think it's really interesting as well.
it just kinda annoys me people make those threads over and over again.

so: it would be cool to have like all easter egg related stuff in 1 thread...
i'll help if you want, as i also contributed to parts of it.

That's Barney, he's changed. I saw him in a magazine preview, but nowhere on the internet.

The horse thing and the City 17 horse among everything else in this thread has already been addressed, and all of them have been rejected as the egg by Gabe.

I hate to ruin a lot of fun...but theres some threads from over a month ago floating around in which this was all analyzed to the point of insanity. They detail the implications and and meanings behind the forumulas, outlines the text that flies by, and identifies pretty much every single silohoutte. If you find something new, that'll be cool. But I suggest you do some reading to make sure its hasn't been done already.

@bel, why should I be looking at that? Barney? It just confirms that...

Anyways, I tried searching for a previous thread because I'm interested, but the search function doesn't work... it keeps telling me I need 4 or more words, when I have 4 words, and is only reflecting the first word in the textbox.

There's so many easter eggs that aren't "the" easter egg.

noalear:
not every easter egg found was emailed to gabe for verification.
and the threads direwolf talks about also discuss the question if gabe just wanted too keep us busy looking for something, while there is no 'real' easter egg.
so, uhm... yeah.

this is what i got from the ending...i'll just put it here...

"udence of sezure and muscular caratoria reco
tritation of 30ml sample. sustaned alot a act
reeman Gordon ******* neutral
no response. Subject to availability
unknow vector at this time. Requirements of
eyond *********"

it doesn't make any sense...i could only get this...maybe someone knows more...

maybe it's from the begining of HL2..when Gordon is subject to some tests by g-man? argh....i don't know....just spitting toughts.

it is just a user discussion... i could say gabe is actually the king of spain.. Hell mebe he is. who knows.. The king of spain?

void:
you said: "I saw him in a magazine preview, but nowhere on the internet."
so i though: "maybe he wants to see him on the internet" ;)
just so you could get some more info, either way.

Originally posted by Noalear
it is just a user discussion... i could say gabe is actually the king of spain.. Hell mebe he is. who knows.. The king of spain?

I thought he was the king of Mozambique

But when i go back to what Alyx says as he wakes up.. Again.. it keeps hitting a chord

He MUST have something wrong with his head if he keeps starring at her. We dont know Gordons family.. maybe GMAN is gordons dad.

Back