About the easter egg..

Just an idea... in the video in the labo with Alyx and her father, when Gordon is pushing a video CRT, we should see the reflexion of Gordon's body...
Can anybody analyse this picture ? Maybe is he transformed in a monster or maybe he is invisible (but in the next sequence we can see his hands holding the gun)...

i just checked the vid and gordons reflection cant be seen in the monitor

Has anyone tried wearing 3d glasses and watching the bit after the Strider?

Just a thought

After reading about the eyes hint I noticed at the start of the Kleiners vid that Alyx appears to be looking at Gordon as if he was on the ground and her eyes follow him as he stands up like he was out cold for some reason. The "snap out of it" from Alyx seems to support this idea.

And I read somewhere that Gordon has no memory of what happened in HL1. So maybe the scientist guy was trying to help Gordon get his memory back. Like he was zapped by the G-man with some sort of MIB memory eraser thing, or hit on the head with a Combine Brand Space Shovel.

So maybe that is the begining of the game and is Gordon just wandering around not knowing about anything that's going on because they were interupted before the scientist could fix his brain.

Maybe is he transformed in a monster or maybe he is invisible (but in the next sequence we can see his hands holding the gun)...

Or maybe he died and he was brought back to life by the grace of God. And when Alyx said you were staring at me again he was slowly dying and she snapped him out of it just before he died again. This will have to constantly be done to keep him alive. Yea, thats the ticket.

Originally posted by Abom|nation
If I remember correctly, it's "Cool/Cold Drinks".

Lol I am such an Idiot. Booty Stinks what the heck was I thinking.

OMGOSH I totally found it.

If you look at the bottom of the videos. You can see a guy with a white trench coat, a hat and glasses inside of a circle. I dont know how I missed this its on every video.

You're right yakuza... and the strangest is that this man is also as an icon in my desktop...
check if this man is also somewhere in your hard disk...
no doubt now, HL2 is not only a video game, it's the reality and the invasion has already begun !!

Originally posted by Yakuza

If you look at the bottom of the videos. You can see a guy with a white trench coat, a hat and glasses inside of a circle. I dont know how I missed this its on every video.

:LOL:

Originally posted by Yakuza

ROFL you have the eyes of an eagle

Wow. I never noticed that. Good job! Now I wonder what this mysterious man means.. Maybe hes the administrator!!!

Has anyone made a screenshot already from the end just before the g-man reappears.

somebody posted pictures of toilets in every half life video and it seemed to be the easter egg. maybe you can find more toilets or something similar to that? look for patterns/recurrences.

It's the toilets...... Guaranteed. :) There are toilets in every video except the DX9 tech demo (last video released)

Takes a sharp eye to catch the one in the dumpster though.

Originally posted by DrEvil
somebody posted pictures of toilets in every half life video and it seemed to be the easter egg. maybe you can find more toilets or something similar to that? look for patterns/recurrences.

Newell already said that "the egg" was not in any one of the bink videos, so your toilet theory just went down the shitter. :cheese:

Though, I really fail to see how this is an "easter egg". The guys at Valve have a weird sense of humor... or something.

i think this is being seriously over-anylized. i think its just the F-U thing.

This was recommended a few pages back, but I just noticed this thread....if anyone wants to duplicate those equations, I'll tell you what they mean. I'm a graduate student in physics and I've completed all of the classes up to and including quantum field theory. If it really is a valid equation, I'd love to look at it and see if there is any significant meaning to it.
-Hill

Originally posted by Hill
This was recommended a few pages back, but I just noticed this thread....if anyone wants to duplicate those equations, I'll tell you what they mean. I'm a graduate student in physics and I've completed all of the classes up to and including quantum field theory. If it really is a valid equation, I'd love to look at it and see if there is any significant meaning to it.
-Hill

Just take some screenies, its at the end of the 600 mb vid.

for the forth time:
1. what does the wall textures on the source physics part of the demo say? (70% or somthing)
2. is this the egg?

if you just could tell me what they say, i will stop asking

Chizm I was just about to post something about the first thing you said. Darn. I couldnt get much either, all I got was 70%

Has anyone else noticed that every road sign in the video says "30" on it, even when two roads are intersecting....they cant all be highway 30... There is ONE sign that doesnt say 30 on it though, on the road where he gets the rocket launcher it goes 30, then 20, then 30 again...

Also, the part of the building that the strider shoots his big blast at, has a caution sign hanging under it that says "60", but it doesnt look like a 6...it looks like an upside-down 9...and after the strider shoots it, it turns right side up saying "09"...

these have anything to do with 09/30 ....as in the release date of September 30th...

Also, it looks to me that the wall texture in the source physics part of the movie says:

Replacement....
70%

i looked at that caution sign in the strider part again and it looks like it might just be saying "60%"....but its hard to tell

also, in the buggy sequence he intentionally runs into that large box or dumbster, so maybe those numbers mean something...it says"

SSIU

just a thought...

EDIT: i looked again and it just seems that he ran into the dumpster cause he was trying to kill the guy in front of it.

the source demo texture is just a placeholder, it's exactly the same as the orange texture that they're using to play test level, exept that it's white. Also to be an easter egg it should be in the game itself, not in the demo's. And all the pictures at the end aren't easter eggs they are pictures mostly of people some of objects and it goes through them twice before you get to the G-man.

as for my contribution I looked at alyxes eyes because of the one hint gabe spposedly gave. Except that she went wall eyed for a second I couldn't find anything. Stick to it guys somebody'll find it. :borg:

Ok this might be a bit much but as said on the dumperster for the numbers, myabe you take away the 6's leaving you with

taking away the 3 and

and so on and so forth. Prolly no signifigance, but hey worth a shot.

Oh wait now I get it 26669, the number of days we have to wait until HL2 is released ;)

Originally posted by Coolhead2100
Ok this might be a bit much but as said on the dumperster for the numbers, myabe you take away the 6's leaving you with

taking away the 3 and

and so on and so forth. Prolly no signifigance, but hey worth a shot.

Oh wait now I get it 26669, the number of days we have to wait until HL2 is released ;)

no no

2+6+6+6+9=29

29-20=9
29+1=30

so you get 9/30

Originally posted by nomicron
no no

2+6+6+6+9=29

29=20=9
29+1=30

so you get 9/30

What does 29=20=9 mean? and how do you get the +1 on the next line?

Wow. You guys never cease to amaze me. Kepp it up.. I'm still searching for something. The 30 thing is very interesting.

could someone get detailed shots of the G-man, Kleiner and Gordon? I want to compare the eyes to see if two of them are possibly related but I don't have the videos on my pc.

I saw the part in the middle when your driving the dune buggy, there is a big bag of weed bouncing around in the passenger seat floor. I bet Gordon is a serious pothead in HL2

My theory on the Alyx'es "Snap out of it." thing is that it's the AI reacting to you staring at her for too long. The designers know they've created a babe in Alyx so I wouldn't be surprised to find out she reacts to you scoping her out.

Back