Acctual map of where GF travelled...

iLLiCiT

Reaction score
this might be a stretch but does anyone know of a map of the entire area that Gordon travels in HL2?? i donno i was just curious :bounce: :farmer:

No, there isn't. If you've got the strategy guide you could piece it together using that, if you wanted.

Here:

hlmap.jpg

Here's the real map

Orange=pre rebelion
Red=rebelion

Attachments

• map.PNG
    map.PNG
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,072
The "lol this is funneh i drew it in paint bow before my wit" thing decreases in funny each time it's used.

pretty much, u missed some spiralling near the end though. shame on you

uber4rw.jpg

Ha! this is funny, I drew it in paint, bow before my wit.

I thought the same thing when I posted, Ennui ;o

But Suicide's is actually very funny :D

And the train station and apartments are really really close together. Kliener's lab is literally round the back of the station, pretty much.

Well all joking aside, I believe you can get a real copy of the map in the game when you're getting the gun mounted on your hovercraft. The one resistance guy takes you into that room and shows you, on the map, where you wanted to go.

I can only assume you could pull this out of the cache and mark yourself with photoshop or whatever pleases you (shall it even be ms paint) where exactly gordon traveled.

iLLiCiT said:
stupid.....so can anyone give me an accutall answer??

please refer to my post above. There is a map in the game, a big, detailed one, but, you'd have to use a GCF extractor to get it and god if I know where it is.

This thread has inspired me to make that map! I've got the train station done. How long do you think it is till I give up?

If I was you I would have given up before I even started, but I hope you make it, good luck!

How do u make the map riomhaire?? do you load each map in the SDK, or do you play the game and paint in paint as you progres??

just courious:p

Fonaki said:
How do u make the map riomhaire?? do you load each map in the SDK, or do you play the game and paint in paint as you progres??

just courious:p
1 Open itunes
2 start up HL2
3 turn down graphics and resolution
4 new game
5 ai disable
6 noclip
7 F5
8 Photoshop

Some areas are already being a bitch and I think I won't bother with the interiors of some buildings. It already looks like it'll be imposible for Dr. Kleiner's lab to be so close to the plaza and the train tracks but we'll see (some photoshoping wll hopefully fix problems though)

ríomhaire said:
1 Open itunes
2 start up HL2
4 new game
5 ai disable
6 noclip
7 F5
8 Photoshop

Some areas are already being a bitch and I think I won't bother with the interiors of some buildings. It already looks like it'll be imposible for Dr. Kleiner's lab to be so close to the plaza and the train tracks but we'll see (some photoshoping wll hopefully fix problems though)

I tried myself one time, but I seems like I got stuck at the ITunes part ...lool..

ríomhaire said:
1 Open itunes
2 start up HL2
4 new game
5 ai disable
6 noclip
7 F5
8 Photoshop

sweet!

If I had the money (Billions)... I would pay some architect modeler guy to remake a scale model of ALL of HL1 in my back yard... Would have to be a team of people.. and would probably take years... But I think it would be worth it... Then get a small camera inside that can be controlled. It would be awesome. Oh, and have working teleportation stuff inside too, and genetically make miniature people and monsters, and create Xen in actual space.

ReDeemer_ said:
So? How's it going?
I have pics of the canals but I've been too lazy to put them together. I suppose I'll do that this weekend.

Screw it, I'm updating steam, loading HL2 again and using this cl_leveloverview command to make it easier.

It amuses me how Nova Prospekt has a really stupid linear layout as opposed to being a proper building. Same with the coast - is it just me or does it not make any geographical sense whatsoever? :p

Sulkdodds said:
It amuses me how Nova Prospekt has a really stupid linear layout as opposed to being a proper building. Same with the coast - is it just me or does it not make any geographical sense whatsoever? :p

I totally agree. Gordon has no orientations skills at all, hehe. It's possetive that nothing has overlapped yet then, some of us where worried about that. Here's another pic btw: http://img38.imageshack.us/my.php?image=d3pt15qf.jpg -I have not made that, it was a guy called Sybot, I don't think he is at the forums anymore cause he only has 17 posts, and he posted that pic in April, here: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79207&page=4 .

Fancy doing all of them so we can add them to the 'walkthrough' pages? :D

Back