Acctual map of where GF travelled...

Nova Prospekt was aquard(sp?) so I put it 'on hold'

Sorry I've been so long in getting back to this. Can hack something together with the coast map from the other user becuase i put mine together wrong. I hope I can get it up later today.

EDIT

ok, it's attached, and its really low quailty, but it is rather larger.

It is currently missing novaprospekt, but thats small and you pretty much go in a circle.

The way I have fit things together is horrible for contiunity, but overall the orientation is correct (given where the sun rises and sets) but it does suggest that you arrive in c17 in the afternoon, not in the morning (which also makes sense given the lighting conditions and how quicly the game transitions to evening). So there we go. Its ugly but thats how it goes...lol.

Attachments

• hl2map_all_badscale_again.jpg
    hl2map_all_badscale_again.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 617
whoa thats cool, can you post a bigger version of this... like the FULL version i want to see it all. GOOD WORK btw.

I tryed to go back and do Nova Prospekt but I have no idea how the maps fit together, I'm going to have to go back and have a look.

What strikes me about that map, is the sheer amount of ground you cover in the airboat and the car. The difference in size between the chapters is quite impressive. Ravenholm is a pokey little corner, Water Hazard is about a third of the map...

Edit: also, doesn't the map show chapters 1-6 to actually be somewhere in the sea of chapter 7-8? That's a pretty major problem really... answers a question though. City 17 is really the lost city of Atlantis.

kupoartist said:
Edit: also, doesn't the map show chapters 1-6 to actually be somewhere in the sea of chapter 7-8? That's a pretty major problem really... answers a question though. City 17 is really the lost city of Atlantis.

No I don't think it does.

I'll see if I can find a place where I can host the full size/quality version.
The fact that C17 appears to be in the ocean is becuase Valve was kind and shortened some of the tunnels in the air boat segment that were part of level transistions (they did this in a couple other places too). Otherwise I think everything lines up pretty well give where the put the sun in the sky.

MrWhite said:
Well all joking aside, I believe you can get a real copy of the map in the game when you're getting the gun mounted on your hovercraft. The one resistance guy takes you into that room and shows you, on the map, where you wanted to go.

I can only assume you could pull this out of the cache and mark yourself with photoshop or whatever pleases you (shall it even be ms paint) where exactly gordon traveled.

Wrong! Only the part from where you get the gun mounted on your airboat, untill black mesa east is mapped on that one. Furthermore there is also a map of the part between Shorepoint and Nova Prospekt. I myself have made a map of the canals part between City 17 and the post where you get the machine gun. Regrettably, I drew it on paper with a pen so I can't show it but I will try to make a paint version!:D Everybody just loooooves paint..

ríomhaire said:
canalmap23fx.png

There we go. Funnily enough trimming off the skyboxes was the hardest part.

And of course the levels are linear. HL2 is a linear game although it's so much fun you don't notice.

But that's not a map! I don't recognize anything! A real map is drawn right? So just a box of pictures put together doesn't make a map.

Back