Acctual map of where GF travelled...

Haha, the canals had the same stupid linear layout as the coast and prison, now we only need water hazard and ravenholm, and BAM! there's only the last three chapters missing:D

Feel free to do a chapter!

Edit:
Fancy doing all of them so we can add them to the 'walkthrough' pages?
That would've been cool!

canalmap23fx.png

There we go. Funnily enough trimming off the skyboxes was the hardest part.

And of course the levels are linear. HL2 is a linear game although it's so much fun you don't notice.

I'm in the right mod today I think:p
Here's Ravenholm:

It was quite hard to get the pics correctly, because everything looked the same:p

Good job, though I suppose the train track is bigger than it ought to be?

Samon said:
Good job, though I suppose the train track is bigger than it ought to be?

Opps..you may be right about that, you see, I tried to do ravenholm a month ago (or so), but then everything get messed up exept for the traintrack, so the rest of the is 1/2 the size of the traintracks:O I don't bother upload a new pic with that fixed now though..

Edit:
Hey, you know what, I redid the traintrack, and I got exactly the same size of the track! Yes, it is kinda wierd, but now I used cl_leveloverview 5 on everything, and the size north-south,west-east were exatly the same..

Doing the first 2 chapters again I've noticed an inconsistancy. Dr. Kleiner's lab seems to teleport when you do to a location about...hm...500 metres(?) closer to the traintracks.

ríomhaire said:
Doing the first 2 chapters again I've noticed an inconsistancy. Dr. Kleiner's lab seems to teleport when you do to a location about...hm...500 metres(?) closer to the traintracks.

Seems like valve have more problems with teleporters than we knew from before..

Fonaki said:
Seems like valve have more problems with teleporters than we knew from before..
We'll see how it lines up with the plaza for Anti-Citizen 1, how will a week-long teleport afect it!

ríomhaire said:
We'll see how it lines up with the plaza for Anti-Citizen 1, how will a week-long teleport afect it!

Do we see the placa at the start of the game? (and the plaza is follow freeman as I remember) The placa is quite close to the citadel, and the trainstation is pretty far away, I think.

But anyway, wich chapter remain now?? Someone has to make the remaining part of c17 and the citadel, black water hazard and black mesa east is also remaning, it would have been nice if you, ríomhaire, did everything from the start to black mesa east, then I have from ravenholm to the end of the prison (entanglement). Then there is that guy who almost made the entire anticitenz one...then there's only there chapters to go, follow freeman shouldn't be that hard, but the citadel is...well...noone knows...

Fonaki said:
Do we see the placa at the start of the game? (and the plaza is follow freeman as I remember) The placa is quite close to the citadel, and the trainstation is pretty far away, I think.

But anyway, wich chapter remain now?? Someone has to make the remaining part of c17 and the citadel, black water hazard and black mesa east is also remaning, it would have been nice if you, ríomhaire, did everything from the start to black mesa east, then I have from ravenholm to the end of the prison (entanglement). Then there is that guy who almost made the entire anticitenz one...then there's only there chapters to go, follow freeman shouldn't be that hard, but the citadel is...well...noone knows...
Near the start of Anti-Citizen 1 come across the train station Plaza again. I'm pretty sure that was the plaza Barney was talking about aswell.

ríomhaire said:
Near the start of Anti-Citizen 1 come across the train station Plaza again. I'm pretty sure that was the plaza Barney was talking about aswell.

When Barney was talking about the plaza, he ment that huge librarybuilding, that was the combine main energy supply center, remember you had to shoot the three things away, I think that was to shout down the force fields? It was right before the first strider battle btw. When you first meet barney in c17 he takes you (or you take him) to a building across the street of the plaza, and you see alot of dropships unloding troops there and much more, plaza and the trainstation is not the same thing...

Anyway, how is the map-project going?

Fonaki said:
When Barney was talking about the plaza, he ment that huge librarybuilding, that was the combine main energy supply center, remember you had to shoot the three things away, I think that was to shout down the force fields? It was right before the first strider battle btw. When you first meet barney in c17 he takes you (or you take him) to a building across the street of the plaza, and you see alot of dropships unloding troops there and much more, plaza and the trainstation is not the same thing...

Anyway, how is the map-project going?
I mean when he says that Dog came charging through the plaza. I think he means the trainstation plaza.

ríomhaire said:
I mean when he says that Dog came charging through the plaza. I think he means the trainstation plaza.

Well, i still disagree, but I won't bother explain everything *too tired* -lol

Edit: Seems like I killied the forum, sry guys:eek:

keep it up guys

I look forward to eventually seeing a complete map of the path you take through the game. Ravenholm actually has a pretty logical layout for a town... Glad they thought out one of them, at least. Nova Prospekt is still a silly place though.

I am currently campaigning to Chris to have these put in the Walkthrough pages. :p

I found a overlap in the citadel:( I'm trying to fix it so it doesn't look that bad, we'll see what I can do...

ríomhaire said:

Doubtful. You left Barney in the Nexus, its highly unlikely he went all the way back to the plaza, or even know about it, especially when dog left in a direction away from the plaza. He means the Nexus.

really nice work you're doing, it'll be cool when it's over. (it's still cool though)
however, i would have been glad if someone told me the command when i was doing BMRF's tram ride map, anyway, nice work. :)

BME:

Citadel:

That was a quite interesting route up the citadel!

Nice!

Now who's goning to do the 2,5 remaining chapters (water hazard and follow freeman + some of anticitienz one)??

Hey, cool, that one makes sense.

Your VRevolution pics are far better than the old ones by the way. :D

Sulkdodds said:
Hey, cool, that one makes sense.

Your VRevolution pics are far better than the old ones by the way. :D
VRevolution? Am I missing something.

Then either I mean, like, reaally old or I'm going senile approximately 60 years early.

Major inconsitancy found. In Water Hazard there is a place were 2 places are on top of eachother. To make a proper map I'll have to stretch out a bit of canal to make it possible.

Hey guys, don't forget to mark where the inconsistancies are. I couldn't really tell where the Citadel one was, it was all too small and dark for me. I certainly hope these are added to the walkthrough section.

Also, for the levels where the rebels have maps, someone should do a side-by-side comparison of the rebel wall maps and the actual game map. That'd be interesting too.

Combine the Coast map nightshade posted with the one from a while back, and you get:

Edit: Map updated a few posts down.

Apparently the ingame 'map' textures are pretty accurate.

Mechagodzilla said:
Combine the Coast map nightshade posted with the one from a while back, and you get:

coastpaintover3wy.jpg

Apparently the ingame 'map' textures are pretty accurate.

That is crazy!

safetyswami said:
Hey guys, don't forget to mark where the inconsistancies are. I couldn't really tell where the Citadel one was, it was all too small and dark for me. I certainly hope these are added to the walkthrough section.

There wasn't a inconsistanices, it was only you that you went in a circle, and ended up at the same place two times (when you get in the pod second time, you have been there before, only lower, I think) and from there to the first corner, the first time you pass there you go right, the second time you go up (here you get the fantasic view of c17, wich fake btw), up right into Breens office...

edit:
Mechagodzilla, that is so cool!

The trouble with places like the citadel is that it's multiple layers. It might be best to record seperate maps for each general 'floor'

If someone maps the airboat level and posts the airboat level map texture, I can more than likely fix it up the same way.

Mechagodzilla said:
The trouble with places like the citadel is that it's multiple layers. It might be best to record seperate maps for each general 'floor'

If someone maps the airboat level and posts the airboat level map texture, I can more than likely fix it up the same way.

But, we still have a problem when putting everything together (into one big map) one solution could be to use the lower level at the buttom, then take the upper level, move it to somewhere with free space and just add a marker that points at the place where that bit should have been (similar with how I did with the mines in ravenholm I think) It's basicale putting the troubble-places another place, not the whole "floor".

Unless I'm doing something wrong here Water Hazard is defanatly the most inconsistant chapter.

Back