Adrian Shepard(spoilers)

yeh but he was deffinitely not there before or during gordons visit in city 17.....

So you acknowledge that Shephard is not dead? And what do you mean by Gordon's visit?

He will be back...in a version made by Valve! MUHHAHAHAHAH!! Now I ruined the day of the the ones who hate Adrian. Hahaa! Aren't I bad?
:D:D:D:D:D

Jack Thomas said:
He will be back...in a version made by Valve! MUHHAHAHAHAH!! Now I ruined the day of the the ones who hate Adrian. Hahaa! Aren't I bad?
:D:D:D:D:D

Have a slap

I know this is the kind of post that brands a n00b a true n00b, but I can't help it.

What I'd like to see about Adrian (the game guy, not the forum member) is different:

What if he rebels G-Man and his team (secretly, of course, after the events of Opposing Force)?

Remember that he has had probably the same kind of training (or comatose hypnotic training) and the same kind of experience Gordon has. Also, he is a military man.

So what if he takes his limitless potential and pits himself as a mercenary who works for less price than Gordon and steals his jobs instead?

How about a Gordon v/s Adrian showdown?

BRODIEMAN2k4 said:
I liked Shepard better than Gordon actually

I prefer Gordon the person over Adrian, but I liked OpFor better then Hl1.

AIDisabled said:
So what if he takes his limitless potential and pits himself as a mercenary who works for less price than Gordon and steals his jobs instead?

How about a Gordon v/s Adrian showdown?
The problem with that is that Gordon couldn't give a damn about getting jobs or not - he's been forced into this because he's good at it. Also, we have no indication that the "jobs" ever involve money changing hands.

Gordon gets nothing out of this whole ordeal besides trauma...It would actulally be better for him if adrian took his position but adrian was coming on to G-man so the G miester locked his ass up in a cave of eternal darkness.

kupoartist said:
The problem with that is that Gordon couldn't give a damn about getting jobs or not - he's been forced into this because he's good at it. Also, we have no indication that the "jobs" ever involve money changing hands.

Yes, Gordon wouldn't. But the G Man would. If Adrian steals potential clients away from G Man, G Man's economy (galactic bank balance etc.) suffers.

I'm sure some sort of trade is going on; in G Man's words: the highest bidder.

Bidding what, I'm not sure, but it has to be some substitute for currency.

And also, Adrian will kill anyone, do anything; because remember that he is originally sent to Black Mesa to "contain" the predicament.

In the same vein, perhaps Adrian could take up a job which would royally screw the various worlds and then G Man would send Gordon after him.

Of course all this is simple speculation; because as of now we don't even have the slightest idea whether Adrian will actually make it into an expansion pack/sequel.

AIDisabled said:
Yes, Gordon wouldn't. But the G Man would. If Adrian steals potential clients away from G Man, G Man's economy (galactic bank balance etc.) suffers.

I'm sure some sort of trade is going on; in G Man's words: the highest bidder.

Bidding what, I'm not sure, but it has to be some substitute for currency.

And also, Adrian will kill anyone, do anything; because remember that he is originally sent to Black Mesa to "contain" the predicament.

In the same vein, perhaps Adrian could take up a job which would royally screw the various worlds and then G Man would send Gordon after him.

Of course all this is simple speculation; because as of now we don't even have the slightest idea whether Adrian will actually make it into an expansion pack/sequel.

Gman never actually said, the highest bidder.

Could always have Shepherd in City 14 pre-HL2, who ends up basically destroying the city and making Breen flee.

Or you could not.

Well, Ive been thinking about starting an Mod for Source which shows what happens to Adrian, and who are the "Race X" aliens, it would be great to see some "Race X" vs Combine action in, lets say, City 13 (London or Paris)

Remember that Flier you saw that the beginning of Opposing Force, which blew that chopper up? Wouldnt ya like to see that fly over a strider, and blow it up?
Or Perhaps a swarm of Voltigores ripping a nest of Anti Lions to shreds?
Combine Soldiers being hammered by Shock Troopers and Civil Protection being ripped to shreds by Hornets (from the Hornet Gun)
I would.
If the intrest is high, I would try and set up a team for a sequel to Opposing Force on Source.

And who knows if the boss in Opposing Force was dead? It might of just been wounded!
If you saw that smashing down a Combine Citidel crushing armoured vehicles, would be a sight :)

Hehe, and O yeah, whocould resist the sight of a Combine Gunship being blown to peices by a Spore Launcher, or the sight of a Combine Socket Wrench breaking a few skulls with a Crack! :bounce:

HL2: Expansion - The 7 Hour War

( it would be a nice title.. )

Alyx.. WOwzA! ;)

WacK said:
I disagree. I want the HL expansions to carry on the tradition of being tied to science - Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Decay and Half-Life itself are all scientific terms...

WacK said:
HL2: Expansion - The 7 Hour War

Alyx.. WOwzA! ;)

Be more like a prequel... :borg:

Anyway, would a HL2 addon featuring Ardian and the Race X aliens be popular???

AciD said:
Remember that Flier you saw that the beginning of Opposing Force, which blew that chopper up? Wouldnt ya like to see that fly over a strider, and blow it up?

Well, it's not a Race X unit, but a Xenian one, so it wouldn't be involved in anything Race X-esque.
Besides, they look pretty fragile, especially as they only have "belly cannons". A Gunship would have the advantage, because it can shoot forward.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Well, it's not a Race X unit, but a Xenian one, so it wouldn't be involved in anything Race X-esque.
Besides, they look pretty fragile, especially as they only have "belly cannons". A Gunship would have the advantage, because it can shoot forward.

-Angry Lawyer

Actually, it has to have been a Race X unit.
Eg, The PIT DRONE isnt a Xen unit, its a Race X, although it is wild and savage.
Xen is mostly populated by wildlife, and the dominant race, the Vortigaunts, and I doubt they would have technology like that.
Who knows if that was its only weapon, as far as we know, it might have several cannons in the shell, we dont know.
The mod im suggesting can change that, and give an all out blood bath between Race X and the Combine :)

No, that ship at the start of Op-for is Xenian, not race X. In some parts of halflife (such as the place with all the tripmines) you see it dropping alien grunts and vortigaunts.

decay was a 2 player co-op game on the playstation 2 port. i have it but haven't played much of it

FireCrack said:
No, that ship at the start of Op-for is Xenian, not race X. In some parts of halflife (such as the place with all the tripmines) you see it dropping alien grunts and vortigaunts.

Ahh Yes, I see where you are coming from, ok, the Fliers seem to be a Xen unit...
But I would still love to see Spore Launchers blow a Strider apart :)
Is It Worth setting a team up? :sniper:

Back