Adrian Shepherd

El_CHi, OpFor wasn't about being evil and shoot scientists. Expansion tried to show what soldiers went through, they just followed orders and that they weren't evil enemies that HL showed them to be.

True, true it was about expanding the HL universe in a way no other expansion had done before to my memory... BUT, as your purpose of being in the complex was to cover-up the incident a little more of that would have been cool.

Maybe somewhere in the game you hear someone screaming "hey stephard, get over here!" , and then you see him only walking away or something, or maybe you can even fight alongside of him, after a cool meeting :)

Except you don't know what he REALLY loks like. Plus you can't speak, he can't speak...
Brotherhood of the Mimes.

hi all...

ok i played Opposing force so long ago and completed it in like a day and a half...

i remember killing the big end boss, but i can't remember the end cinematic..

what happens in the game after u kill the big boss? cause i don't have opposing force i borrowed it he he.

i am gonna go find a place to DL opposing force and Blue shift soon.

but can u answer the Q above plz

thanks

I reckon if he did appear in HL2 then he'd have to talk.

in the training stage doesn't shepherd yell out "sire yes sir!" like the other soldiers? I could've sworn he did

Good easter egg would be if somehow u could get gordon to talk, and of course the voice would be of one of the developers.

Originally posted by Flyingdebris
in the training stage doesn't shepherd yell out "sire yes sir!" like the other soldiers? I could've sworn he did

Yeah maybe, but the drill instructor seems to be able to read his mind:

Drill Instructor: Whats your name soldier?
Adrian: ...
Drill Instructor: Sheperd? Sounds more like dogmeat to me

Originally posted by Tredoslop
I emailed Gabe 'bout Adrian Shepard-I'm waiting for his reply.

Good luck. He never replied to my email about Shephard.

I see Adrian Shepard being the star of Half-Life 3, I can imagine at one point the G-Man saying to him," I am(Insert G-Man's Name here)-and this is my associate:Mr.Freeman

I hope to see Adrian back again. But I'm pretty sure that valve have made their new characters so good after a few seconds in city17 we'll have forgotton all about Shepard and looking towards to fates of the new characters instead.

Personally I hope to see the drill instructor return. "You're dogmeat Freeman!" :D

and for the expansion... perhaps we could play as Alyx??? (OMG if that happens we'll hear Freemans voice!)

I see Adrian Shepard being the star of Half-Life 3, I can imagine at one point the G-Man saying to him," I am(Insert G-Man's Name here)-and this is my associate:Mr.Freeman

No, Gordon has to be the star of HL3, its a tradition. Adrian is more likely to end up in an expansion pack.

Then...I'm starting to see the G-Man say," I am the G-Man and this is my associate:Mr. Shepard
And IMO, I think Shepard is cooler/better than Freeman

Originally posted by Flyingdebris

Yes, but due to the fact that there were 13 other soldiers shouting "Sir, yes sir!" it's a bit hard to tell wouldn't you say?

Originally posted by nw909
Yeah maybe, but the drill instructor seems to be able to read his mind:

THey all wore nametags i guess, so did stephard, so i guess the instructor read his nametag

Originally posted by Xenome
THey all wore nametags i guess, so did stephard, so i guess the instructor read his nametag

He missed a line off.

Drill Instructor: Sound off like you've got a pair.
Adrian: ....

There's also a conversation in Half Life where Gordon does a silent reply. Not sure where.

Originally posted by Xenome
It's Shepard, and the drill instructor wasn't the only time where Shepard(supposedly)replys. On the intro missin(on the Ospey) The soldier sitting in front of Shepard asks Shepard a question just before they are attacked

It's Shepard, and the drill instructor wasn't the only time where Shepard(supposedly)replys. On the intro missin(on the Ospey) The soldier sitting in front of Shepard asks Shepard a question just before they are attacked

He doesn't actually.

He saids "Hey Shepard, I think Jackson here's got the hots for you".

You don't catch it the first time because at that point there's an alien flying attacking the other Osprey. Amazing stuff when it first came out.

hay hay

what happens at the end of opposing force again!?

i mean i played it soooo long ago and i borrowed the game.

i completed it in like a day-half, i killed the boss, but i have forgotton what happens at the VERY end after u have killed the boss.

can someone who remembers plz tell me.

OO also we are goin to here what barney sounds like. Cause the people you play never speak, well you play as barney in Blueshift (i never played it, ppl said it was too quick). Well anyways you hear him in HL2.

I took two pics of HL and OF4 at the dam, to show peoples how it looked like.

Pretty cool, have a look. :)

errrm u can only see adrians lil finger and you are calling him cooler! LOL

you plz answer above or doesn't anyone know the answer???

lol o ok

so doesn't anyone know wat happened at the end of opposing force after you killed the end boss??

i wanna know i forgot :(

commando, look at Darkside55's post on the first page of this thread,
I would post but i dont want to spoil it for anyone

Adrian is on a Osprey ship with the G-Man and is flying through Xen, and a lot of weird places. He says something about not killing you. And at the very end, it says," Subject:Adrian Shepard Status:Awaiting Further(Damnit I forgot what that part says)
Lol, sorry, that's all I can remember

OOOO YEA! thanks man..

i wanted to know, so i know the story of OF4 2 if it ever arrives.

also i never played BLUE SHIFT..

can u KINDLY someone tell me the basic story (what goes wrong)

and what happens at the end?? PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

i never played it cause alot said it was TOO short.

Basically, you take on the persona of Barney Calhoun Remember in the begining of Half-Life, you see a Barney outside a door trying to get in? You're that Barney.

WOW :)

oo i may go and find and play it then he he...

jus wondering...

they said they started making HL2 right after HL was out, so do u think while they was making HL2, they put a main barney in HL2, and thought....

hmm lets make a quick game about him, calllled "blueShift" so people will know the story behind him...

I personally love blue shift, it was such a cool game...I gotta get it and play it again!

yo darkelp....i want to play blue shift that is like the only one out the WHOLE lot i aint played.

can you tell me what the main story is and what happens at the end so i know what barneys story is PLZ!

you can PM it to me if u want

I beat it on Hard, kept dying in Blue-Shift like the way I die when someone makes a queer Half-Life 2 is delayed thread. :)

soz meant to type THANX and done THANK.....with a Xand K lol

Originally posted by Dr. Freeman
i read up on the characters in HL2 over at planethalflife.com and was disappointed when i discovered that theres no mention about our Opposing Force hero Adrian Shepherd.. so im assuming since theres no mention of him, he does not figure into the story at all :angry:

i know Gearbox was mainly the company behind Opposing Force and Valve had something to do with it, but not nearly as much as the original HL story.. but.. i thought (and was hoping for) Adrian Shepherd would somehow be involved as HL2 unfolds.. (i could be wrong.. he could still be in the story, just not mentioned by Valve for a twist in the story to surprise everyone but i doubt that for some reason)

in fact, having Shepherd involved in HL2 could/would open up very many scenerios that the story could get into.. IE. a showdown between Freeman and Shepherd, or they find a way to work together.. and im sure some of u can come up with a scenerio as well.

im just sorta disappointed that Shepherd does not seem to figure into HL2.. while having him in could have made things very interesting to say the least..

opinions?

thats simply a list of known characters im sure hel show up somewhere if not in an expansion

Originally posted by commando
soz meant to type THANX and done THANK.....with a Xand K lol

it almost looked like you gave me a kiss after that thanks then lol. Not that I wouldnt of minded one.....I'm so unloved;(

Back