Adrian?

Hunter_8472

Reaction score
Who the hell is he?

I know that probably sounds quite dumb, but I've searched the forums and I can't find anything telling me who he actually IS.

they should do another game for him, i miss him so much :(

I sincerely hope that we get to see Adrian at some point in the future. If Valve listens to the community at all, they should see that he has a massive following.

I've said it once and more than likely I'll say it again: Corporal Adrain Shepard. United States Marines Corps. Special Forces, Hazardus Environments Combat Devision. Stationed at (fictional) Sandiago Military base prior to the BMI. Age (as of HL1) 22. Sent into the BMRF with the other marines. his Osprey is shot down en rute by alien fliers. He eventaully regains concussness in a part of the BMRF where a scientist has taken him and has tried to revive the other members of his squad. To cut a long story short, he goes through the BMRF in anattempt to find his unit. Is left behind during the EVAC, kill a load of aliens and black ops, kills a big nasty thing called a "pit worm", continues on, disarms a Thermonuke, which is rearmed by the G-man, kills the Race X Gen worm, saves the world from Race X invasion and for all his trouble is put into stasis pending further evaluation. I too hope that we see Shepard again so every one will know that he is very, very dead and is never coming back so he can die a hero's death (or any other for that matter, as long as it's gory and that he's very definetly dead) so when HL10 roles around no one will be saying "Hey guys, do you think that they'll have Shepard return in this one?"

Otis, the new security guard from OP4 on the other hand, he absolutly needs to come back. He is simply the best HL chariter ever. And he's easy to write in, all you have to say is that the combine are going to cut off the world supply of doughnuts and he'll have them off the planet faster than a rat up a drain pipe. Ah, if only I wasnt his only fan....

Who cares about Adrian? Violent idiot that he is...

o come on, ur all so negative, but it was a great idea to show that side of the story with adrian. I think it would be really cool to play as a combine and see how they interact and plot against the resistance, i dont know how good of a plot can be added for a decent story, but i think it would be cool.

It is my belief that Adrain is dead, read the bottom of my sig. However, despite the fact I have no opinion of Adrian whatsoever, I really, really miss him. Hope he comes back.

BrimStone04 said:
o come on, ur all so negative, but it was a great idea to show that side of the story with adrian. I think it would be really cool to play as a combine and see how they interact and plot against the resistance, i dont know how good of a plot can be added for a decent story, but i think it would be cool.

Just because Adrian was against Gordon in Opposing force, does not mean he'll play as a Combine. He is in the possesion of the Gman, and in case you didn't notice gman is activley against the combine.

But in the end, Adrian - noob. :bonce:

Samon said:
Just because Adrian was against Gordon in Opposing force, does not mean he'll play as a Combine. He is in the possesion of the Gman, and in case you didn't notice gman is activley against the combine.

But in the end, Adrian - noob. :bonce:

Poor Adrian

iMMuNiTy said:
He deserves it. Being called a n00b that is.

No, he fought through swarms and hordes of enemy Aliens, fought higly-trained black ops, and killed 2 gigantic Aliens. Not a n00b. No.

Adrian did nothing of interest. Except kill a rather horrendously done boss. When Gman was going to nuke the place anyway. Great eh! Waste of time!

Samon said:
Adrian did nothing of interest. Except kill a rather horrendously done boss. When Gman was going to nuke the place anyway. Great eh! Waste of time!

Warning: Cannot find counter-argument. Initiating Override 201.

*runs away*

also seein that Adrian was jus doin his job by targeting the man responsible of the Black Mesa incident...(Gordon)...I dont think Adrian has any beef with Gordon...because Gordon really wasnt responsible for triggering the portal and shit...it was his HEV suit...or maybe the dumbass scientists...

Really the only reason Adrian would come back in HL2 or in any future HLs would probably be if Gordon was in a "close to flat line" situation and G-man would send Adrian to help you. Afterall, Adrian isnt a bad guy...he was jus mislead.

and im also pretty sure Valve created the Opposing Force story for a reason....they do everything for a reason....like for Blue Shift you got really familiar with Barney...if you didnt then Barney's presence in HL2 would be pretty meaningless and we would be like "who the f@!& is this guy?". So with that said I think Adrian will have some part of the series again.

Samon said:
Exactly 15357. You know whats good for you :p

:LOL:

I have nevr had the honor of being sigged before! :D

:LOL:

We'll see how long it lasts :p

EDIT: Not long it seems, my sig ended up to big :(

:p

Samon said:

I guess getting the Gman's attention is "nothing of interest" these days. :p

Considering the higher ups really didn't give a crap about Adrian anyway....

Samon said:
Considering the higher ups really didn't give a crap about Adrian anyway....
Says who? They just didn't want to let Shephard go free. Seems to me that means they care quite a bit about his current status, and that they care about the Gman's opinion on things to be willing to keep Shephard alive instead of just letting him die when Black Mesa was destroyed.

And again, he did well enough to get the Gman's attention; are you still saying that is "nothing of interest"?

Yeah, he managed to get his attention by surviving. If they'd let him go, he could have told of what he saw, thats what I got Opposing forces ending. Which I might add, has been awhile since watched.

But either way, gearbox created him, their idea for Gman to keep him alive etc...

And I simply think Adrian shouldn't return, because he sucks.

Samon said:

Half-Life tried to save the world and it was invaded by the Combine any way!

Absinthe said:
Half-Life tried to save the world and it was invaded by the Combine any way!

He still liberated Xen! And killed the Nihalnith! If Gordon hadn't gone to xen, the vorts would still be in shackles and the Nihalinth would still br alive!

Either way, the fat thing in Opposing force would have died!

Adrian is a puppet...... just like Gordon. Maybe they should call it "Puppet-Life".

I'd like him to come back at some point just for closure to his fate. If you think he's a n00b and "he sucks", then you must say the same for Gordon too. Neither of them do anything different but take the path open to them. Seriously... isn't this running joke getting just a little old?

Yeah, closure is what I require. He doesn't even need to be a character in a game. Just say "He died" or summat.

Well, they could have very easily killed Adrian in Op4, but instead put him in stasis. So I'm getting the drift that they wanted him to return in some future title. I don't get why some people think he "sucks", its just another void character like the rest of the HL POVs.

Marc LaidLaw scripted Op4, and so, I think he would have had some say/suggestions for keeping Adrian alive or killing him off depending on what he wanted for the future of the character. Bascically its like "Well, if we get stuck for a plot point in the future, Adrian's our trump card". I think if used right, he would be a very interesting char in HL3, or atleast an expansion. I mean, they used Barney (who supposedly never meant Gordon in his adventures, not the clone security guard), so why not Adrian?. And he doesn't have to be a friendly, maybe some clueless assassin just like Gordon, irony?, you bet....

Max35 said:
Well, they could have very easily killed Adrian in Op4, but instead put him in stasis. So I'm getting the drift that they wanted him to return in some future title. I don't get why some people think he "sucks", its just another void character like the rest of the HL POVs.

Marc LaidLaw scripted Op4, and so, I think he would have had some say/suggestions for keeping Adrian alive or killing him off depending on what he wanted for the future of the character. Bascically its like "Well, if we get stuck for a plot point in the future, Adrian's our trump card". I think if used right, he would be a very interesting char in HL3, or atleast an expansion. I mean, they used Barney (who supposedly never meant Gordon in his adventures, not the clone security guard), so why not Adrian?. And he doesn't have to be a friendly, maybe some clueless assassin just like Gordon, irony?, you bet....
If the hero in the movie doesn't die, do you suppose there's gonna be a sequel including him, too? Seriously. It's an ending. Not a statement by G-Man among the lines of "Nicely done, Dr. Freeman! I'll see you right up ahead.".

He doesn't suck, but he is nothing but an army guy, obeying orders. He's not special. Not special enough to participate in Half-Life 2 or 3. Unless in an episode, which I doubt one is going to be made with him as a playable character. He doesn't fit in anywhere. He was simply in Black Mesa to fill in the gaps in the HL's storyline, and let players choose the side of soldiers which are inserted into BMRF to fight hordes of aliens n stuff. He's a tool to fill up a story. He's not a serious character.

But yeah, closure is needed indeed. Perhaps a corpse of his throughout an episode of HL2? Or Half-Life 3. I don't care. Just dispose of him. Or use him. The sooner we find out, the better. These Adrian threads are getting boring. :)

Oftentimes people who are awarded medals of honor are just trying to do what they think their job is.

So I completed Opposing Force today, really a great expansion. Just a little toooo short though. :/

But I couldn’t remember this game being so damn hard. I played it on medium difficulty and some of the enemies just took my health away so easily I needed to run back many times to recover some health points from stations or scattered around the floor.
I got gibbed by those Voltigore’s purple lightning bolts when I was at 64 HP, and lost half of my health by just 3-4 hits by those Pit Drones.
Race X is really a pain in the ass sometimes, but the SAW (flaptastic great weapon) saved my life plenty of times though. :)

If you compare Opposing Force's difficult with Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 is like a walk in the park.

iMMuNiTy said:
If the hero in the movie doesn't die, do you suppose there's gonna be a sequel including him, too? Seriously. It's an ending. Not a statement by G-Man among the lines of "Nicely done, Dr. Freeman! I'll see you right up ahead.".

Well, if the movie put the hero in stasis with the words "Further Evaluation Pending" while the screen fades to black and the credits role, then yeah I would expect to have some sort of closure. I mean they should have killed him off, or let him walk free at the end, but this limbo, poor ass excuse for an ending has to mean something. Maybe I'm just deluding myself. But I think Gearboxe's (maybe not Valve's) intention was to have him return in one the Half-Life 2 expansion (Gearbox developing it) Then I think Valve said "ain't gonna happen". Maybe Valve wanted to control the Adrian character, but due to certain legal issues they couldn't. My theory, anyway, is that their INTENTION was there, if not the means.

Max35 said:
Well, if the movie put the hero in stasis with the words "Further Evaluation Pending" while the screen fades to black and the credits role, then yeah I would expect to have some sort of closure. I mean they should have killed him off, or let him walk free at the end, but this limbo, poor ass excuse for an ending has to mean something. Maybe I'm just deluding myself. But I think Gearboxe's (maybe not Valve's) intention was to have him return in one the Half-Life 2 expansion (Gearbox developing it) Then I think Valve said "ain't gonna happen". Maybe Valve wanted to control the Adrian character, but due to certain legal issues they couldn't. My theory, anyway, is that their INTENTION was there, if not the means.

He...must...return.

Seeing as how Adrian was just a generic player character meant to be you like Gordon then all those people calling him a noob are noobs as well.

Bob_Marley said:
Otis, the new security guard from OP4 on the other hand, he absolutly needs to come back. He is simply the best HL chariter ever. And he's easy to write in, all you have to say is that the combine are going to cut off the world supply of doughnuts and he'll have them off the planet faster than a rat up a drain pipe. Ah, if only I wasnt his only fan....

I coulden't agree more!!! He is great!!!

Max35 said:

Marc Laidlaw did not script opposing force.

15357 said:
QFE.

and you suck Salmon. :frown:

15357 you are going to be detained for violation against your commanding officer. And for being witness to the Munro incident :frown:

Back