AirSoft, anyone?

On standard, airsoft IS less expensive. You dont have to buy gas for an aeg all the time, and the ammo if far less expensive. Of course if your gonna get one thats fully upgraded, with a custom job it is gonna be tons expensive, but are you saying the same cant be done with paintball guns?

SnowBall said:
On standard, airsoft IS less expensive. You dont have to buy gas for an aeg all the time, and the ammo if far less expensive. Of course if your gonna get one thats fully upgraded, with a custom job it is gonna be tons expensive, but are you saying the same cant be done with paintball guns?

On standard doesn't count. No pro plays with stock parts. I'm talking serious Airsoft/Paintball playing here. People who play in leagues. Unlike paintball guns, upgraded Airsoft guns need constant maintenance. You need to buy a new piston head or new bushings every month. And a good airsoft gun (With no attachments) will run you about 500 dollars. With attachments (M203 and maybe a tac light + gear) will run you at least 1,000. A scope alone can be 200. My SPR kit for my SR-16 is going to run me $800 + another 90 for a TM inner barrel. A good battery charger/discharger can run 60-200 dollars. Your are correct on ammo cost however. Buying airsoft BB's in bulk is dirt cheap. 314 bb's (High quality, bio degradable, .25) per dollar was the best I could find. Mask wise, my local field requires a Paintball certified mask, so we're even there. :naughty:

SnowBall said:
I think you might be amazed how big it already is Shippi. You might also be amazed what a great community there is for airsoft. Everyone I have played has been amazingly honest, and very sinciere. Theres about a team or two in every city that can legally own airsoft guns, and local tournaments happen all the time. Of course I dont know of any national airsoft commitee or anything, but its still in its infancy here. I'm sure in Japan they have really big tournaments. I think it will grow to be a really big sport in the America's. Just go on kazaa and search for airsoft under videos. You will see some of the really big games, some of which get broadcasted on tv sometimes. You might even find the humerous Airsoft/CS parody.

Yeah, I know that airsofters are honest (I know some people who airsoft, and they say that too) and everyone is in local paintball games too. But when you're competing for money/expensive equipment you're gonna get cheats. You can't tell me that if airsoft makes it big that everyone will be honest, because they aren't in paintball :( . The fact that they don't mark makes it worse.

But if it is as popular as you say (because to be honest I don't know much about it..) I think in a few years Airsoft will probably be at the stage paintball is now; with large tournaments everywhere but with still little or no media coverage.

I'm sure there will be some way to mark sooner or later. There are some forms of high grade bb paintballs made for aeg's, but they are fairly expensive. Like $10 for 300. Cant say that I really plan to get into the big stuff anyways. I just plan to play lil games in empty lots or in backyards. *shrugs* might be playin tommorow acctually.

You guys are 100% right. People will cheat. As for marks, it may not be as clear as paintball, but there are some really nast welts. An Airsoft BB can chip your tooth.

Top Secret said:
You guys are 100% right. People will cheat. As for marks, it may not be as clear as paintball, but there are some really nast welts. An Airsoft BB can chip your tooth.

Thats why you wear a full face mask.

BTW LOOK WHAT I JUST GOT

KSC Glock 18c GBB FULL AUTO (with metal slide and barrel)

g18c_2mags.jpg

g18c_sunset.jpg

A little over 300fps with TOP gas.

i play paintball.....not airsoft.....but looks pretty cool

I play paintball, but i dont really play sirsoft...i just like to get the guns and shoot around

I play with real guns, I'm always the winner.

This is what I wanted to get here , but none of my friends really play paintball.

I hate armotechs.

Get a 98C or A5 and modd it out to look real, thats what I did for my woodball/scenario gun.

Ridic said:
Thats why you wear a full face mask.

BTW LOOK WHAT I JUST GOT

KSC Glock 18c GBB FULL AUTO (with metal slide and barrel)

g18c_2mags.jpg

g18c_sunset.jpg

A little over 300fps with TOP gas.

Awsome Ridic , have you fired it? Does it fire fast enough to be impressive? Does it feel powerful? Im thinking about spending 230 on a Full metal KSC M11 , and the one question I had was how the Power felt and the ROF.

$230 US dollars? *thinks* Unless your countin the gas and a few magazines, that doesnt sound right.

KSC M11 - $150 (to 170 depending on Korean or Japaneese , Im buying Japaneese , but Ill use the lower number to handicap my calcs)
Reinforced Magnesium bolt - $65 installed (the stock one is known to crack)

KSC M11 Metal Body - ??

Total : $215 without the metal body. Its expensive for an Airsoft gun , but it comes out to about the right price.

It says KSC but the box picture is clearly KWA which is the cheaper Korean manufactured version , shoddy quality.

And the price is 230 firm , its an ebay thing. Im hesitant to purchase for all that moeny though , but Ive sold my UO account to pay for it and Ill probably sell me Car-15 AEG too.

No! For the love of god dont sell you AEG for a gas SMG.

SnowBall said:
No! For the love of god dont sell you AEG for a gas SMG.

I lost the charger , its too short and the recoil is unimpressive. I dont have anyone to play with so my guns are just for play shooting.

Ah, well no aeg has recoil, and dont expect much from a gas gun. You'll get recoil, but nothin like a real gun. Of course gas guns are practicly exactly the same as a real gun.

Well I mean its only one shot , basically bolt action. And it seems to be made by an upstart manufacture , probably Korean. But you cant always knock the unheard of because every company is at some point.

Just keep in mind that it might not last that long , its only one shot boltaction , but its also only 20$ and looks pretty cool. Really up to you.

lol, in airsoft people like it when the gun has MORE weight. Cause its more realistic. And no that rifle is fine considering its spring. (dont buy gbb or aeg of ebay)

Ridic said:
lol, in airsoft people like it when the gun has MORE weight. Cause its more realistic. And no that rifle is fine considering its spring. (dont buy gbb or aeg of ebay)
Realism is one thing, but combat is another. Would u rather have a heavy rifle to carry around and have it lag u? Or would u want a little pistol that can do the same thing and isnt so combersome.

coolio2man said:
Realism is one thing, but combat is another. Would u rather have a heavy rifle to carry around and have it lag u? Or would u want a little pistol that can do the same thing and isnt so combersome.

I dont play, so i dont care. And im used to weight cause paintball gun + hopper + tank gets pretty heavy. Anyways if you buy a rifle you should pretty much buy it knowing that you move slower with it than a pistol...

Pistols especially, people want them to have more weight. Which is why most gas guns are heavyweights.

Heh, even if i do start playing i wont need to buy a rifle if i have an autmatic glock 18c with 50 round hicap mag.

DimitriPopov said:
Awsome Ridic , have you fired it? Does it fire fast enough to be impressive? Does it feel powerful? Im thinking about spending 230 on a Full metal KSC M11 , and the one question I had was how the Power felt and the ROF.

Quoted for hoping to not be ignored.

Ridic said:
I dont play, so i dont care. And im used to weight cause paintball gun + hopper + tank gets pretty heavy. Anyways if you buy a rifle you should pretty much buy it knowing that you move slower with it than a pistol...

Pistols especially, people want them to have more weight. Which is why most gas guns are heavyweights.

Heh, even if i do start playing i wont need to buy a rifle if i have an autmatic glock 18c with 50 round hicap mag.
Omg, I wish I had a paintball gun tweaked out like that!
:thumbs: Point being, is it a good newb weapon as late x-mas gift? Yeah probably

coolio2man said:
Omg, I wish I had a paintball gun tweaked out like that!
:thumbs: Point being, is it a good newb weapon as late x-mas gift? Yeah probably

Yes! ('cause I already bought it)

Ewww, that rifle is nasty. Probibly wont last longer than a week (assuming it gets its use). If you wanna get a good cheap gun that will last, get the UHC MP5 SD springer. Bout $40 dollars, and has great power and will last a long time. Heck, even the hardballer shotguns aren't that bad.
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/xxmp5sd3_jpg.jpg
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/xxhardball_jpg.jpg
EDIT: If hes a complete n00b, I would save the rifles for later and get him a pistol. Anything by UHC or KWC is good. Especially the UHC M9 and the KWC Sig Sauer P226.

SnowBall said:
Ewww, that rifle is nasty. Probibly wont last longer than a week (assuming it gets its use). If you wanna get a good cheap gun that will last, get the UHC MP5 SD springer. Bout $40 dollars, and has great power and will last a long time. Heck, even the hardballer shotguns aren't that bad.
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/xxmp5sd3_jpg.jpg
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/xxhardball_jpg.jpg
EDIT: If hes a complete n00b, I would save the rifles for later and get him a pistol. Anything by UHC or KWC is good. Especially the UHC M9 and the KWC Sig Sauer P226.

Pistols are a great way to start. The G36C is the first actual AirSoft gun that I've personally owned myself, though. I've shot quite a few AEG's and pistols before, but this is my first that I can call my own ^__^.

NSPIRE said:
Pistols are a great way to start. The G36C is the first actual AirSoft gun that I've personally owned myself, though. I've shot quite a few AEG's and pistols before, but this is my first that I can call my own ^__^.
My first was the UHC M9. Darn fine pistol. Bought 2 of em. A tu tone and a black one. The black one lasted over a year of constant use, but now its finally broke, so I use the tu tone one. I also had a HFC USP, very heavy and solid, but it shot like crap. Also had two crappy shotguns, both broke of course. However my DPMS is holdin up really good, over half a year old and I havent had the slightest problem with it. It acctually seems like its gotten better. Hopefully the G36 will be next for me! Where did you get your g36 from, and how much was it? Cant you just get a charger from Radio Shack or somethin? I believe airsoft guns just use RC batteries.

Oh, ok. Hey, can I take my hat off now? BTW, I ordered an AK887 from eBay. I'll tell you how it is. Looks like a Double Eagle to me. :frog:

Back