Alyx Dialogue "Easter Eggs"

She shouldnt mind, shes got like 2000 life and a unlimited supply of bullets. Even when she says, "Im almost out of bullets!"
She keeps shooting, shooting 70 full rounds into a zombie before finally reloading.

And that's exactly the problem, if she become a zombie, Gordon will have a hard time fighting it...anyway, we're getting off topic

Don't know for you, but i laughed when we just crushed some combines, and she said something like:

"I think we broke more than 50 combine rules by now..."

Or Barney, when giving me the crowbar for the second time:

"Hey, try not to lose this one, i'm tired of carying it for you all the time..." or something...

Lightice said:
especially since she has her loyal slave to do all the dirty work, around.

This is a good point: Gordon certainly does appear to be her servant, what with all the orders she gives. She actually even got kind of bitchy at the train station while she was manning the gun turret.

"Gordon, go get another group of citizens."

"Go get more citizens, Gordon!"

"I thought I told you to run and fetch some more citizens, Gordon. Get moving . . . and bring me a soda on your way back."

(Okay, I made that last one up.) In the audio data files, they even flag some of these type of lines as "nag" lines.

The word "whipped" comes to mind. :hmph:

lol or when you get to get after the Zombie fight in Lowlife, and you find the crank and start opening it she says

'Come on Gordon crank that thing!' lol

She aint being bitchy, its just that when you have a shit load of Combine patrols after you, you want to get the citizens out of there as quickly as possible, so when Freeman is just standing around, I would be nagging him to get a move on.

Remember Eli saying something like "Gordon can handle anything... except for you."

Yeah it was

'Gordon can handle anything, with the possible exception of you' to which gets embarrased about lol

d00d said:
Remember Eli saying something like "Gordon can handle anything... except for you."

Eli Vance: Pimp Daddy.

If Gordon were to be given dialogue responses, the first would be something along the lines of "Okay," or "Yes, ma'am!"

Dialouge does not equal Easter Egg. Only about 2% of the things listed are actually easter eggs.

Ah, but other people may not have seen it, so it has a right to be here. Even if they aren't "Easter Eggs".

If you browse the episodic\sound\vo\ folders the voices are stored in .wav format and there are plenty of Alyx's that I havn't heard in the game - amongst others.

Hmm... when I go to my 'episodic' folder, I don't have the "sound" folder. Is it hidden, or do I need to install something special to access it?

Or read closed captions.txt. There are lots of dialogues that's cut from the game.

Hmm... when I go to my 'episodic' folder, I don't have the "sound" folder. Is it hidden, or do I need to install something special to access it?
Make sure you're looking in episode 1 shared, not half-life 2 episode 1.

Plus in the pic with G-Man looking over Alyx, it shows a tear falling down Alyx's right cheek, so you may have your wish granted in the next episode ;)
That's interesting... in the second episode two trailer in that part I can hear a sound that looks like a tear dropping or something...

She annoyed me the first time I played it - not so much later on.
She was no where near as annoying as the rebels who follow you in HL2, not only do they get in your way but they say retarted things like "Reload Dr. Freeman". I mean WTF? - even if you had never played a FPS before you've been reloading for hours on your own long before those tossers tell you to.

Yeah the rebels are extremely irritating, not only are they mere cannon fodder, but they are just generally annoying, 'Reload Dr. Freeman' yes thank you for pointing out that my gun has no bullets in it, 'We are looking to join you Dr. Freeman', **** off? I didn't find Alyx irritating at all, I thought her little bits of dialogue were very sweet

Yeah the rebels are extremely irritating, not only are they mere cannon fodder, but they are just generally annoying, 'Reload Dr. Freeman' yes thank you for pointing out that my gun has no bullets in it, 'We are looking to join you Dr. Freeman', **** off? I didn't find Alyx irritating at all, I thought her little bits of dialogue were very sweet

Just like HLComic made fun of. It was irritating to see that rebels would die because they kept firing in burst, waddled into areas with turrets and mines. But Alyx's dialogue was infinitely better, you actually felt in game you were with someone, not just some random rebel that dies 5 min later from MG fire or whatever.

Just like HLComic made fun of. It was irritating to see that rebels would die because they kept firing in burst, waddled into areas with turrets and mines. But Alyx's dialogue was infinitely better, you actually felt in game you were with someone, not just some random rebel that dies 5 min later from MG fire or whatever.

Word. I'd love to see an improvement on rebel AI, that would help bunches. Their stupidity really takes you out of the game.

Back