Alyx: Hot or Not?

Alyx: Hot or Not?

• Hot

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Not

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • Shes not real. How can you be attracted to polygons?

Votes: 71 21.6%
  • We're just friends.

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • How can you say no to a girl with a gun?

Votes: 22 6.7%
  • I'll tell you after I get to know her.

Votes: 27 8.2%
  • Yes, but our relationship ends when the game ends.

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • I think about her when I'm in the shower.

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • <3 Shes dreamy... I'm in love <3

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Actually, I'm more attracted to Gordon..

Votes: 47 14.3%

• Total voters
<RJMC> said:
I see that "Hot" is wining
Yes.. And with a good lead..

54.07% : Hot
32.7% : Not
9.73% : Undecided
and
13.78% : Attracted to males

Why is it so hard to say if she's hot or not. The fact that she's a video game character has nothing to do with it, she still has looks. Either she's hot, or...not hot. Just god damn say if she's hot or not! It's not like we're in love with her and wanted to screw her and wanted her to blo...uh, yeah

f|uke said:
Ok, since theres little new to talk about, heres something old.

This poll is not really here to determine whether Alyx is attractive. Its to determine peoples views on attraction, sexuality, and simulated femininity. Still, the hot/not options are there for people who just want to give an opinion on her attractiveness.

I put "Yes, but our relationship ends when the game ends." From all appearances, Alyx is great. Shes cute and shes tough, and seems to have a personality. Strong women rock, and yes, who can say no to a girl with a gun? It would be cool if Gordon were more capable of interacting with her. (No, not like that, you pervert,. I mean talking, smiling, etc). But of course Gordon can't talk.

But to the point, the fact that she is virtual is a non issue. I declare that it is not unnatural to form a crush on a character like Alyx in a game, as long as there is character there. It is no different then falling for a girl in a movie you're watching. I loved the princess in Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and expect to enjoy playing as Gordon in Alyx's company as well.

But it stops there. :)

If this poll is successfull, I will post a similar but fresh one a few weeks after release.

She's beautiful (with today's advanced graphics, you can say that about a videogame character), yeah, but I've never thought about it more than that. I'm more interested in her personality, as that is harder to do than fancy graphics.

Alyx_Lover said:
What do you think i voted for? :afro:

What the **** is your signature supposed to be? Spoilers aren't exactly tolerated here. I suggest you remove it.

Cybernoid said:
What the **** is your signature supposed to be? Spoilers aren't exactly tolerated here. I suggest you remove it.
Well, it is in spoiler tags.

Alyx may or may not be hot. I however find her name to be not that great. I would like her the be named Something more common and believable, like... Amber, Misty or something in the lines of those :LOL:

Shes not real. How can you be attracted to polygons?
How can you be attracted to a photo that is just pixels on a screen?
How can you be attracted to a photo that is just dots on paper?
How can you be attracted to a painting that is just oil on canvas?
How can you be attracted to a movie that is just light reflected from a screen?

Humans are fooled by simulations. The specific type of simulation is irrelevant, as long as the simulation is successful. Alyx is successful.

Dagobert said:

Humans are fooled by simulations. The specific type of simulation is irrelevant, as long as the simulation is successful. Alyx is successful.
Thinking someone is hot and being attracted to someone is two different things.
Just accept the fact that some people can have real feelings for fictional characters (which may not be far from falling in love with someone you never met (young girls and boybands)), some cannot.

Dagobert said:

For that matter, how can you be attracted to rays of light that come into your eyes (everything that you see).

with every new page in this topic, i worry more about you lot and your weird little lives. im starting to think you all love star wars and star trek and crap like that(an old stereotype i know, but one that is probably quite true)...you probably run your own annual conventions, by yourself and for yourself

bodhi said:
with every new page in this topic, i worry more about you lot and your weird little lives. im starting to think you all love star wars and star trek and crap like that(an old stereotype i know, but one that is probably quite true)...you probably run your own annual conventions, by yourself and for yourself

Real relationships are vastly overrated. A year or two, and it's all over, and time for the next one. It's all very shallow and futile.

bodhi said:
im starting to think you all love star wars and star trek and crap like that(an old stereotype i know, but one that is probably quite true)...
Yep, Star Trek and Star Wars are two of the greatest fictional worlds ever created.
Episode I and II and Star Trek: Enterprise is however not very good. They just don't have the right atmosphere and feel to them.

you probably run your own annual conventions, by yourself and for yourself
Haha... yeah.

Soo... you don't like ST and SW?

Dude, posting on internet videogame message boards isn't exactly a cool thing to do is it?

Will you people please stop talking about my girlfriend like she is a piece of meat!?

I'd put in in her ass.

Plus, despite being digital I get the feeling that most of the posters here have a better chance with her than a flesh-and-blood woman.

But I'd still put it in her ass.

Fixed said:
I'd put in in her ass.

Plus, i have the need make fun of forum members that i don't even know to make my sexuality seem adequate.

But I'd still put it in her ass.

fixed.

Hallucinogen said:
Atleast I dont wanna have sex with a cartoon :rolleyes:
And trust me, most of my posts come from my job where I make $50,000 a year and I do nothing all day long, geek ? I think not.

:LOL:

It's pretty funny when people get all defensive. You seem to care greatly about not being labeled a geek. I wonder why that would be...

And trust me, most of my posts come from my job where I make $50,000 a year and I do nothing all day long, geek ? I think not.
No earning much money? I think so.

BTW - WTF did having a job and doing nothing have to do with not eing a geek? All the geeks I know make a ton of money.

bodhi said:

Both Star Trek and Star Wars rule, excluding Enterprise and the SW prequels as someone stated earlier. I've read many of the SW books, and a couple of Star Trek one. Hell, most of the SW books are better than Lucas' vomitous excuse for an imagination (referring to prequels here). Going to onventions is a bit too much though, I think.

Cybernoid said:
Real relationships are vastly overrated. A year or two, and it's all over, and time for the next one. It's all very shallow and futile.

I feel sorry for you. Being married is one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. Having a strong, stable relationship with someone is both a lot of fun and very healthy.

Cybernoid said:
That was the most ignorant thing I have eve...gahh...let me guess, you're just bitter, aren't you?

Tying yourself down to a woman in a relationship is pathetic. Real men engage in promiscuous activities with multiple women. At the same time.

Yeah...

Absinthe said:
Tying yourself down to a woman in a relationship is pathetic..

maybe, but having her tie you down is quite fun :naughty:

poseyjmac said:
maybe, but having her tie you down is quite fun :naughty:
Oh crap, posey,. I thought we were all done with this for now ;) Ah well, no worires,. with all this release talk this will dissapear quickly enough.
(BTW, we're right, they're wrong :D)

I feel sorry for any1 whos obsessively attracted a computer character

you now if you cut an alyx picture so you cut her face in half shes the most ugly man hoare like friggent nastie thing you would ever see.

but gordan oh ya..:D

Jeez, 499 votes, thats a lot :)

I really don't see how Alyx is hot... she looks the most unrealistic out of all the HL2 characters... And I've never really been a fan of video game characters, either...

I voted "not," but when you make a poll, try not to make 4 different ways to rephrase the same answer. :p

Back