Alyx: Hot or Not?

Alyx: Hot or Not?

• Hot

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Not

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • Shes not real. How can you be attracted to polygons?

Votes: 71 21.6%
  • We're just friends.

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • How can you say no to a girl with a gun?

Votes: 22 6.7%
  • I'll tell you after I get to know her.

Votes: 27 8.2%
  • Yes, but our relationship ends when the game ends.

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • I think about her when I'm in the shower.

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • <3 Shes dreamy... I'm in love <3

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Actually, I'm more attracted to Gordon..

Votes: 47 14.3%

• Total voters
(edit: this is probably aimed at the 'polygons cant be hot' argument)

You know, if you look at a picture of a building, and you think "that architecture is beautiful" and find out later that the building doesnt exist, then that doesnt change the fact that;
1) the building looked nice and,
2) that you thought it looked nice

I would assume the same goes for art with people, if a person doesnt exist, but a picture does, than that person can still be thought of as attractive.. i think alot of guys here are afraid to admit it though because they think that if they admit to thinking 'alyx' is attractive, then they're some sad geek who cant get real girls and therefore are desperate and will see beauty in a CGI image.

In reality, beauty relies on vision, anything that can be seen can be attractive.

A counter to this argument i can see popping up is "Well, you cant have sex with her, therefore feelings of attraction are groundless, useless and should not exist" etc.. or something along those lines, but most people i would expect know that the meaning of attraction today does not solely lie in the ability to procreate, but also in the realm of pleasure..

dont forget, that with any image, for it to be attractive to you, it needs some degree of mental 'animation' (and i dont mean fantasising over it..) i mean, turning it from a bunch of colours into a 'person' -stuff like that would have to happen for a pic of a real person, not just CGI, so in the end.. i think people who find her attractive would tend to have stronger imaginations than those who dont, this is not a bad thing- its nothing to be ashamed of, and its nothing, (coming from me, a girl) that would make a guy unattractive simply because he told me that he though 'alyx' or 'lara croft' was attractive (well maybe lara :p)

hopefully this might help to settle this damn argument :)

Yeah I don't think she's hot. Having said that I'm damn glad she's not, I think that was intentional design choice. It would ruin the game if she was hot.

Kazuki_Fuse said:
Yeah I don't think she's hot. Having said that I'm damn glad she's not, I think that was intentional design choice. It would ruin the game if she was hot.

well then the design choice failed because most think she is very attractive. who would want an ugly female character to interact with in a game?

bliink said:
(coming from me, a girl) [...] hopefully this might help to settle this damn argument :)
I'd say that helps a lot. If girls dont think its lame, who cares what guys think. And maybe it even shows character to preffer a game character like Alyx over this Croft person (Lara who?).

So,. where you from? :D

r5a said:
F|uke = FAG.
I think you're going to get banned for that. You dont know me at all, man, you really dont. I'm probably 10x the man you are.

f|uke said:
I'd say that helps a lot. If girls dont think its lame, who cares what guys think. And maybe it even shows character to preffer a game character like Alyx over this Croft person (Lara who?).

i'm only speaking for myself though, but i would tend to think most girls wouldnt give a damn if a guy liked a game character... i mean, its not like it would be a shocking revelation..

Oh i can already tell you who you are with a post like that mr.fluke.

bliink said:
i'm only speaking for myself though, but i would tend to think most girls wouldnt give a damn if a guy liked a game character... i mean, its not like it would be a shocking revelation..
(I generalized to emphasize the point!)

r5a said:
Oh i can already tell you who you are with a post like that mr.fluke.
:rolleyes: Yea, whateva.

why cant people be honest?
Im 16 - i dont get laid, and i dont need to be in a choke hold to admit it

and alyx is a representation of a real person, In the same way a photo is a representation of a real person
except a photo is 2-dimensional and appeals to sight, whereas alyx is 4-dimentional (3space and 1 time since she walks etc) and appeals to our senses of hearing AND sight, so is she more real than a photo?

PS i sed shes hot

hmmm. . . .

I don't get laid either.

But I prefer a real person over a video game model.

Any day. . .

(she still is very realistic though)

poseyjmac said:
thats so shocking. except most everyone would.

I don't know. . .

Their are some wierd people on the Internet. . . .

. . .Furries. . . .

I also meant a photo, like you know. . . .to go along with the post above mine.

Phosis said:
. . .Furries. . . .
:LOL:
I doubt we get too many of those around here,.
I think those people like to play games like Everquest.

poseyjmac said:
well then the design choice failed because most think she is very attractive. who would want an ugly female character to interact with in a game?

Being attractive and being hot are two different things.

Kazuki_Fuse said:
Being attractive and being hot are two different things.

hot, attractive. they are pretty(no pun intended) synonymous to me. but replace 'hot' with 'attractive' in my post if you wish

poseyjmac said:
hot, attractive. they are pretty(no pun intended) synonymous to me.
Ditto here.

Maui, thanks for the link. I had heard about her but I hadn't seen her. It looks like they took her eyes, nose, and maybe mouth, but not the shape of her head.

She (Merle) is pretty attractive IMO. It may just be camera filters etc., but she looks really good. And she's not one of these "OMG her boobs are cannonballs" girls, which is an underrated quality anymore. IT'S NOT A LINEAR RELATIONSHIP, SERIOUSLY. NO ONE LIKES LOOKING AT BASKETBALLS GLUED TO YOUR CHEST, STOP IT :p

Sorry about the caps abuse, but it's true. :(

EDIT: Not to say they're small though! "Well developed" may be the best term...

Hallucinogen said:
You guys are hardcore GEEKS!
Nuff said.

Says the person with 600+ posts on a forum for a game that isn't released yet with system specs as his sig :rolleyes:

Not to spam, but come on :(

people who wanna bang cartoons/game characters are very very sad imo. she looks weird anyway, like shes had a couple too many botox injections.

her cheek bones are way too high, and her mouth looks semi-retarded. not hot. geez, just go out to a club any night of the week and you will see about 100 girls hotter than her.
plus its just a game, i dont see why you guys are circle jerking over her.

Wesisapie said:
her cheek bones are way too high, and her mouth looks semi-retarded. not hot. geez, just go out to a club any night of the week and you will see about 100 girls hotter than her.

this is a halflife2 forum. she is a chick in the game. so of course this topic will come up. and its for fun. if your intellect was as big as your ego you wouldn't need me to tell you this. :thumbs:

Varg|Hund said:
Okay, this thread needs to die. Now.
You people scare me :|

we scare you, you annoy us. 2 good reasons for you to leave the forum. how about it? :)

edit: really though theres no need for comments like that :/

Maui said:
Says the person with 600+ posts on a forum for a game that isn't released yet with system specs as his sig :rolleyes:

Not to spam, but come on :(

600 post and ??? I post like once a day.
The rig in my sig is incase anyone or me has a problem, so people can see what set up I run, instead of just typing it out every time.

Wesisapie said:
Reaktor4 said:
people who wanna bang cartoons/game characters are very very sad imo. she looks weird anyway, like shes had a couple too many botox injections.
I can only assume you two are reffering to the 3.89% who voted for the shower. Thats a very small minority to be picking on. Why dont you leave those people alone? What they do in the privacy of their own bathroom is not your concern.
Varg|Hund said:
Okay, this thread needs to die. Now.
You people scare me :|
More projection and judgement. You say the thread must die. I say you're oblivious. Can't we just agree to disagree?

Hallucinogen said:
600 post and ???
You made a snap judgement on us, I'd say this was fair turnaround. Seriously, us, geeks? Youre one to talk.

Atleast I dont wanna have sex with a cartoon :rolleyes:
And trust me, most of my posts come from my job where I make $50,000 a year and I do nothing all day long, geek ? I think not.

Hallucinogen said:
Atleast I dont wanna have sex with a cartoon :roll:
Neither do I. (and theres a significant difference between a cartoon and a rendered model).

f|uke said:
Neither do I. (and theres a significant difference between a cartoon and a rendered model).
Really? They're both not real.

Varg|Hund said:
Really? They're both not real.
Yes, but one is a series of drawings, shown sequentially to give of the appearance of movement, while the other is an object defined by a textured frame rendered on a computer.

Does that make sense to you or do I need to speak more clearly.

Or do you need me to say that I do not want to have sex with a rendered model as well.. did you somehow not understand that?

In my personal opinion I find it hard to be attracted to computer game characters or cartoon characters. But Alyx would have to be one of the most attractive looking - whilst being fairly realistic - computer game character I have seen. Not including pre-rendered stuff of course.

f|uke said:
Yes, but one is a series of drawings, shown sequentially to give of the appearance of movement, while the other is an object defined by a textured frame rendered on a computer.
Does that make sense to you or do I need to speak more clearly.
Actually, the textured frame part went over my head. But I get the general meaning :)
Still, they're both not real.
f|uke said:
Or do you need me to say that I do not want to have sex with a rendered model as well..
Yes, that would make me happy.

Varg|Hund said:
Yes, that would make me happy.
I have already stated it a number of times in this thread. My "attraction" to Alyx is purely nonsexual. I find her attractive as you might a character in a book. I know she is fictional. However she is feminine, as is a great deal of art,. and I appriciate that about her as some may the Mona Lisa. I am looking forward to interacting with her in the game, but it begins and ends while I'm playing HL2.

f|uke said:
I have already stated it a number of times in this thread. My "attraction" to Alyx is purely nonsexual. I find her attractive as you might a character in a book. I know she is fictional. However she is feminine, as is a great deal of art,. and I appriciate that about her as some may the Mona Lisa. I am looking forward to interacting with her in the game, but it begins and ends while I'm playing HL2.

Well, then I apologize. I must have missed that somehow.
*Varg blames it on the fact that he woke up just an hour ago :p

Back