Alyx: Hot or Not?

Alyx: Hot or Not?

• Hot

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Not

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • Shes not real. How can you be attracted to polygons?

Votes: 71 21.6%
  • We're just friends.

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • How can you say no to a girl with a gun?

Votes: 22 6.7%
  • I'll tell you after I get to know her.

Votes: 27 8.2%
  • Yes, but our relationship ends when the game ends.

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • I think about her when I'm in the shower.

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • <3 Shes dreamy... I'm in love <3

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Actually, I'm more attracted to Gordon..

Votes: 47 14.3%

• Total voters
Absinthe said:
I'D HIT THAT IN A HEARTBEAT

BTW I don't get this "It's just polygons" argument. I mean, you might as well stop getting your kicks over photos, since those are just pixels.
Well, those pixels represent a real human. You don't see a difference there?

switch said:
Pictures of real people are from REALITY, thats the real world. This is just a made up character by some guy and is NOT in REALITY.

Some people (not aimed at you) need a reality check.

what is real?

i see pictures of J.Lo on the telly, and in the magazines, and i assume that she's REAL in that she exists. But i've never actually met her, and i know i never will. so what makes her more real than say, a memorable movie character who's dialogue has actually had a profound impact on how i feel, and in turn i learn to FEEL for it.

who amongst us didn't cry when AERIS died?

challenge your traditional definitions of reality! we are all the architects of our own reality!

Yellonet said:
I reffer you to my previous post.

switch said:
Pictures of real people are from REALITY, thats the real world. This is just a made up character by some guy and is NOT in REALITY.

So? Designs of females in video games are generally based from the real world, so I don't see why I should care. And the photo or video of reality still isn't the real thing, so I don't see what the big diff is.

People need to realize that developers give their characters sex appeal for a reason: it works. So if you find little Johnny standing tall and saluting your monitor when something like
this pops onto it, please realize it's normal.

I mean, think about it. They make their characters that way for a reason. And it's not because they want to cater to a minority crowd of sick perverts. It's because most guys get turned on by something that looks, acts, sounds, and jiggles like a woman.

poseyjmac said:
no reason to be scared man. no one should make fun of you. so what if you prefer a man's long warm shaft to a woman's vagina. we all like halflife2 thats what counts. :)
Maybe you two can "hang out" some time... see where it leads. :cheers: to you both.

Yellonet said:

curious, who do you think is more attractive, fake alyx or a real morbidly obese woman at mcdonalds chowing down on a 5 bigmacs?

Yellonet said:
Maybe you two can "hang out" some time... see where it leads. :cheers: to you both.

actually i don't prefer the warm shaft. your mother is more my style :thumbs:

poseyjmac said:
curious, who do you think is more attractive, fake alyx or a real morbidly obese woman at mcdonalds chowing down on a 5 bigmacs?

Well, if I were normal, I'd take "Fudgy the Whale-Cake" over Alyx because at least the tub of lard is real.

Plus, the alternative is just so degrading.

poseyjmac said:

she's single now?

i mean she's only eating a single digit worth of bigmacs?

dayum, baby got back bacon

Hey- I remember a thread like this on another forum, it was serious ownage. Some guy posted a collage of images of computer generated people and they were all hot and proved all the people there that computer characters and Alyx can be hot. They were like - "Those aren't made by computers" and all that crap is was hilarious. I bet they were whacking off.

When I'm playing Half-Life 2, I am Gordon. Of course I will think that Alyx is hot. But when I stop playing and return to being Yellonet, then she's just a computer generated 3d model.

There is a difference between girls you could* meet and girls made of polygons.

*in your dreams pal!

Yellonet said:
When I'm playing Half-Life 2, I am Gordon. Of course I will think that Alyx is hot. But when I stop playing and return to being Yellonet, then she's just a computer generated 3d model. [...] There is a difference between girls you could* meet and girls made of polygons.
Yellownet is your real name? ;) This is essentially how I feel, however I hope to think of Alyx as a character/personality, not just a rendered model, and remember her fondly. But in real life, of course, its all about real girls. They're warm and soft and they smell good. Computers cant do that.. ..yet :)

But Alyx is still a babe.

Yellonet said:
When I'm playing Half-Life 2, I am Gordon. Of course I will think that Alyx is hot. But when I stop playing and return to being Yellonet, then she's just a computer generated 3d model.

But she's still a damn bangable 3d model.

There is a difference between girls you could* meet and girls made of polygons.

*in your dreams pal!

I'm never going to get with Brtiney Spears. That's a fact. But I still find her attractive. Why can this not be the same with a game character?

And does this also apply to dead people as well? Because I can still manage a stiffy over Aaliyah, but she's dead and thus eliminates any remote possibility of me hooking up with her.

Unless you count necrophilia...

Absinthe said:
So? Designs of females in video games are generally based from the real world, so I don't see why I should care. And the photo or video of reality still isn't the real thing, so I don't see what the big diff is.

People need to realize that developers give their characters sex appeal for a reason: it works. So if you find little Johnny standing tall and saluting your monitor when something like
this pops onto it, please realize it's normal.

I mean, think about it. They make their characters that way for a reason. And it's not because they want to cater to a minority crowd of sick perverts. It's because most guys get turned on by something that looks, acts, sounds, and jiggles like a woman.
I'm sorry but I'm not that much of a nerd. In the game, sure they're hot. In real life... no.

Yellonet said:
I'm sorry but I'm not that much of a nerd. In the game, sure they're hot. In real life... no.
Whatever dude. Thats a bogus distinction you're using to seperate yourself, and insult us. Really theres no difference. You dont actually become somebody else when you play the game, you know.. its pretend..

Yellonet said:

Please point out where the difference exists. I fail to see why you can consider a game character attractive in a game context, but not by itself.

And if you insist on throwing the "nerd" label around, please quit wasting my time.

Stop the fighting, share the love! ..\/.

Oh, did I mention I hate hippies?

Absinthe said:
Well, if I were normal, I'd take "Fudgy the Whale-Cake" over Alyx because at least the tub of lard is real.

Plus, the alternative is just so degrading.

hahaha.

Absinthe said:
But she's still a damn bangable 3d model.
I seriously doubt that she is anatomically correct.

I'm never going to get with Brtiney Spears. That's a fact. But I still find her attractive. Why can this not be the same with a game character?
Because you could theoretically get together with Britney. Not with Alyx.

And does this also apply to dead people as well? Because I can still manage a stiffy over Aaliyah, but she's dead and thus eliminates any remote possibility of me hooking up with her.

Unless you count necrophilia...
Personally I must be able to maintain the fantasy of it actually happening for a "stiffy" to occur. That can't happen with made up characthers or dead people.

Yellonet said:

That doesn't even make any sense. If you have an emotion for something while sitting at your computer it is no different than having an emotion for something while walking down the sidewalk.

f|uke said:
Yellownet is your real name? ;) This is essentially how I feel, however I hope to think of Alyx as a character/personality, not just a rendered model, and remember her fondly. But in real life, of course, its all about real girls. They're warm and soft and they smell good. Computers cant do that.. ..yet :)

But Alyx is still a babe.
It's Yellonet. Everyone with english as their native tounge seems to get that wrong ;(

Yes, I will remember her personality... after all, that's what counts.. right :smoking:

Yellonet said:
I seriously doubt that she is anatomically correct.

Because you could theoretically get together with Britney. Not with Alyx.

I've never seen Britney Spear's koochy. I've never seen Lara Croft's koochy. But I don't need to see it in order for me to think of doing the nasty to it. As a reasonably smart person, I'm pretty sure I know well enough how a female's body works.

Yeah, I could theoretically get with Britney. But it's all in my head. Why can this not be the same with a game character? It's just pure flights of fancy. It looks, acts, and sounds like a woman. Who cares if it's from reality or not? It represents an attractive female. Why is it that the only legitimate attraction is one on a person made of flesh and blood?

Personally I must be able to maintain the fantasy of it actually happening for a "stiffy" to occur. That can't happen with made up characthers or dead people.

This is where an imagination comes into play.

Yellonet, please just keep your crap to yourself. Same with people arguing. Listen, you can't change anyone's mind on this. You simply just can't. No amount of flaming, debating, or arguing is going to help. People are not going to change their opionions. You have the right to keep debating all you want but its not going to change a thing in anyones mind.

Neutrino said:
That doesn't even make any sense. If you have an emotion for something while sitting at your computer it is no different than having an emotion for something while walking down the sidewalk.
I does make sense. I will immerse myself in the role of Gordon Freeman, thus I will think that water that actually reflects things are something to look at and I will think that a really run down city is a cool place. I will also find Alyx to be a hot chick worthy a bend with the "crowbar". When I stop playing I return to the real world where there are someting called real girls.

Yellonet said:
I does make sense. I will immerse myself in the role of Gordon Freeman, thus I will think that water that actually reflects things are something to look at and I will think that a really run down city is a cool place. I will also find Alyx to be a hot chick worthy a bend with the "crowbar". When I stop playing I return to the real world where there are someting called real girls.

It's still a real emotion, regardless of when or where you experience it.

Yellonet said:

You do not assume Gordon's character. You are Gordon. Any emotion you feel is from YOUR part. You do not have Gordon giving shifty eyes towards Alyx. If such a thing happens, it's not because you're taking on Gordon is a character, because Gordon is just an empty shell that you fill in.

So if you feel attracted towards Alyx, that's YOUR emotions coming into play.

And, you say that you can't get attracted to a standalone 3d file with an absence of personality or character. Tell me, can you get turned on by a still photograph? Or how about dumb blondes?

Ok, sorry for mentioning "nerd", that was apparently a dirty word... but if you feel somehow named by that it's your problem. Let's just agree that we disagree. Some people can get a stiffy from watching cartoons and other fictional characthers, others can't.

Yellonet said:
Ok, sorry for mentioning "nerd", that was apparently a dirty word... but if you feel somehow named by that it's your problem. Let's just agree that we disagree. Some people can get a stiffy from watching cartoons and other fictional characthers, others can't.

Alright, but you are obviously in the category that can, since you said yourself that you think she's hot when you play the game. :)

Absinthe said:
You do not assume Gordon's character. You are Gordon. Any emotion you feel is from YOUR part. You do not have Gordon giving shifty eyes towards Alyx. If such a thing happens, it's not because you're taking on Gordon is a character, because Gordon is just an empty shell that you fill in.

So if you feel attracted towards Alyx, that's YOUR emotions coming into play.

And, you say that you can't get attracted to a standalone 3d file with an absence of personality or character. Tell me, can you get turned on by a still photograph? Or how about dumb blondes?
Yes, like any decent actor becomes his/her role, I will become Gordon. Therefore what I may feel about any characthers in the game is Gordons feelings, not mine.

My girlfriend is a blonde, and she's not dumb.

Yellonet said:
Which is perfectly fine. People are different. (to clarify, my attraction to Alyx is not sexual). But if you express that your view is somehow more 'normal', 'correct' or 'mature', we definitly have something to argue about. That is why we took offence to the 'nerd' comment. I certainly dont consider myself a nerd, and I haven't met too many Apex Twin fans who fall under that catagory either.
;)

Yellonet said:
Ok, sorry for mentioning "nerd", that was apparently a dirty word... but if you feel somehow named by that it's your problem.

If somebody calls me a "dirty c*nt", then I will take offense regardless of wether or not I feel I actually am one. That's how an insult works.

As a person who does feel an attraction to some game characters, I am offended that you plastered the "nerd" label on me as if it's some kind of dorky crime (even though nerdiness is completely unrelated to what we're currently talking about).

Neutrino said:
Alright, but you are obviously in the category that can, since you said yourself that you think she's hot when you play the game. :)
My character can, not I ;)

Yellonet said:
Yes, like any decent actor becomes his/her role, I will become Gordon. Therefore what I may feel about any characthers in the game is Gordons feelings, not mine.

You're missing the point. Gordon is not a character that you act as.

The entire point of making Gordon fairly nondescript is that it feels like YOU ARE GORDON.

You are not an actor. You, as the player, are filling in Gordon's thoughts, moods, actions, and reactions. You are not playing a character. The character turns into YOU. Period.

My girlfriend is a blonde, and she's not dumb.

Good for you. Unfortunately, I never called your girlfriend dumb, so I don't know where you're going with this.

poseyjmac said:
actually i don't prefer the warm shaft. your mother is more my style :thumbs:
Try to hang in there a little longer next time, she won't come in under half a minute, ok ;)

Absinthe said:
If somebody calls me a "dirty c*nt", then I will take offense regardless of wether or not I feel I actually am one. That's how an insult works.

As a person who does feel an attraction to some game characters, I am offended that plaster the "nerd" label on me as if it's some kind of dorky crime (even though nerdiness is completely unrelated to what we're currently talking about).
I wasn't calling you a nerd personally. I was just saying that wasn't that much of a nerd... It may have been a little blunt. Sorry.

Tired. Repeating myself. I'm going to bed.

I feel I've made my points sufficiently clear. Excuse me while I head off to sleep with the warm comforting thought of how I am superior to all of you.

Yes, I am being a prick. Ignore me.

Back