Alyx: Hot or Not?

Alyx: Hot or Not?

• Hot

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Not

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • Shes not real. How can you be attracted to polygons?

Votes: 71 21.6%
  • We're just friends.

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • How can you say no to a girl with a gun?

Votes: 22 6.7%
  • I'll tell you after I get to know her.

Votes: 27 8.2%
  • Yes, but our relationship ends when the game ends.

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • I think about her when I'm in the shower.

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • <3 Shes dreamy... I'm in love <3

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Actually, I'm more attracted to Gordon..

Votes: 47 14.3%

• Total voters
Yellonet said:
Try to hang in there a little longer next time, she won't come in under half a minute, ok ;)

yea, my apologies to her, it was a bit unfair to your mother for me to concentrate on your sister for the majority of the 3some. :naughty: :D ;)

Absinthe said:
You're missing the point. Gordon is not a character that you act as.

The entire point of making Gordon fairly nondescript is that it feels like YOU ARE GORDON.

You are not an actor. You, as the player, are filling in Gordon's thoughts, moods, actions, and reactions. You are not playing a character. The character turns into YOU. Period.
I know what you mean. I will feel about the characters in the game, no doubt about that. But it will not be love, friendship, attraction or something like that, it will be... nah... I don't know.. can't explain right now... to tired perhaps. I might come up with something tomorrow :)

Good for you. Unfortunately, I never called your girlfriend dumb, so I don't know where you're going with this.
She's a blond which I'm very attracted to.

poseyjmac said:
yea, my apologies to her, it was a bit unfair to your mother for me to concentrate on your sister for the majority of the 3some. :naughty: :D ;)
It must be my wrinkly grandmother you're talking about as I have no sister :eek::O:|

Petabyte said:
Pfft, don't flame to feel good about yourself. That's sad.
Who's flaming? We're just having a friendly discussion about feelings towards fictional characters.

Yellonet said:
My character can, not I ;)

:LOL:

I don't understand why you can't just admit that you feel emotions for game characters when you play the game. Most everyone does. It's not like it's something to be ashamed about.

Yellonet said:
It must be my wrinkly grandmother you're talking about as I have no sister :eek::O:|

she seemed very experienced, so you may be right :stare: :naughty:

Absinthe said:
Tired. Repeating myself. I'm going to bed.

I feel I've made my points sufficiently clear. Excuse me while I head off to sleep with the warm comforting thought of how I am superior to all of you.

Yes, I am being a prick. Ignore me.

mama is right, you are special! dont let anyone fool you :E

Neutrino said:
:LOL:

I don't understand why you can't just admit that you feel emotions for game characters when you play the game. Most everyone does. It's not like it's something to be ashamed about.
Ok, I do. Are you happy now? ARE YOU?!?! ;)

Well, sort of.. But it's hard to feel anything but "I guess he's a nice person" and "She's hot, and nice." I can't really feel like they're real...

I guess she's nice.. for a video game character..

In terms of the game I just hope Valve haven't made her into 'The Sassy Love Interest' that's supposed to appeal to male gamers.
Y'know where there's always some innuendo or 'sexy' situation or whatever!

Like in FarCry, I liked the game but that bird just p*ssed me off. It was such an obvious Lara-Croft-style gimmick at times.
Wtf was the point in her stopping half-way through the game to have a bloody shower?? (and yes that happens, if anyone hasn't bothered to play it yet)

More insulting than exciting if you ask me.

The entire real vs. polygon debate is flacid. No one on this board gets laid. No one.

skumbuzzul said:
The entire real vs. polygon debate is flacid. No one on this board gets laid. No one.

We're not all teenagers mate, some of us are old and engaged/married.
Although I can never remember which one I am exactly..

Edit; actually yeah you're right.

You can hold up arms as much as you like. I speak the truth, it is plainly so.

wow, i'm surprised the mods didn't have field day with this thread, and, for what its worth, if you can get off to hot women/men (for some of you, and you know you you are) on your comp or in a magazine or on tv, then there's no reason why you couldn't be sexually attracted to a computer generated character, besides, she's hot, and i'd hit it, both ways, many times

No reason to close this thread. It's been full of interesing discussion... untill skumbuzzal started to turn it into something else.

hands up who will be using the sniper rifle to zoom in on alyx's behind

poseyjmac said:
id like to slap her ass, yes i would

Heh, for once we agree on something :eek: She's sassy rather than hot tbh. If only she were real... :dozey:

I agree, this is interesting to read, and slightly humerous to read some of these members posts who are saying that they do not have attractions to CGI girls, but it's obvious that they are, and they're still "in the closet," so to speak.

BetaMaster said:
I agree, this is interesting to read, and slightly humerous to read some of these members posts who are saying that they do not have attractions to CGI girls, but it's obvious that they are, and they're still "in the closet," so to speak.
How do we know your not into CGI girls.

Yellonet said:
Ok, I do. Are you happy now? ARE YOU?!?! ;)

Well, sort of.. But it's hard to feel anything but "I guess he's a nice person" and "She's hot, and nice." I can't really feel like they're real...

Aaahhh! You pervert!

Nah, just kiddin'. :)

Heh, I think I do understand what you're saying though. Any feeling one may have for a videogame character are far more superficial than the same emotion about something in real life. Is that kind of what you mean? Because I definitely agree with that.

The fact that 40 people voted for Gordon worries me.

The fact that I was the 40th person worries me even more.

The fact that 40 people voted for Gordon worries me.
The fact that I was the 40th person worries me even more.

LOL... :)

You know, there are females on these forums as well..

i officially hate "is alyx hot" threads.

the answer is a resounding NO!

Petabyte said:
How do we know your not into CGI girls.
Notice that I never said that I wasn't. I just said it was funny that some people weren't admitting it.
Also, if you check back, you'd otice that I said, indirectly, that I thought that Alyx was hot. I also voted that.

For the 'she's just pixels' people... well... your g/f b/f is just atoms... so what?

That's how stupid that statement is. It's purely psychological. The fact that she isn't real forces us to imagine her the way we think she is. Therefor, we create her in our minds, and she becomes real to us. Nothing wrong with that.

I mean, technically, I could be posting replies to a bunch of bots on a server, but what you guys/girls say stirs emotions and feelings, and therefor I create personas of you people in my head, therefor I belive you're real.

I hope this is making sense.

She said:
LOL... :)

You know, there are females on these forums as well..

Crap, I forgot about that.......

This just makes things worse...........

Haha, how silly this members are. There aren't females on this board. Why would girls like Half-Life 2? That's like guys liking Barbie.

I hope no girls read this....

BetaMaster said:
Haha, how silly this members are. There aren't females on this board. Why would girls like Half-Life 2? That's like guys liking Barbie.

I hope no girls read this....

I like Barbie... ;(

:p

Bah, I can never tell humour from seriousness on forums...that's why they invented emoticons!

she isnt hot at all... not a single bit... its kinda lame actually

-merc

If anyone has distinct perspectives they want in the post release poll, voice them now. Try to keep them a bit more tastefull then Xcellere's modest suggestion. (And lets keep this up at least 24 hours so everyone gets a chance to respond).

A few people have been saying this is over discussed, but people clearly have something to say on the topic. I cant believe this poll has gotten over 300 votes in seven and a half hours its been up, when the product poll never broke 300. (the tie poll isnt close, but thats hl:s).

I think the product poll was more important. This wont change anything,. but I'm sure VALVe noticed the product poll. They could be convinced to make headcrabs, and that would be very cool..

merc said:
she isnt hot at all... not a single bit... its kinda lame actually-merc
Not thinking shes hot is one thing,. but why do you have to be so judgemental? Really, it makes you look bad.

Back