Alyx observation:

Private Snafu

Reaction score
I noticed in the original short E3 trailer and in the gamespot trailer, alyx is wearing two different outfits for the hydrascene. Anyone care to theorize?

Attachments

• alyx1.jpg
    alyx1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 639
And here's the second pic.

PS i searched and didn't find any thread about this

Attachments

• alyx2.jpg
    alyx2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 588
it's different builds, they redesigned her clothes... WOW.

Yeah, girls tend to do that.

P.S. Notice the Black Mesa symbol on her shirt.

Originally posted by :>~
it's different builds, they redesigned her clothes... WOW.

No .. I really think she will be wearing differnt clothes at different part of the game. Which is kind of cool actually.

I like the first one much better.... the second looks outdated. Maybe it's just the picture...

She looks like a street punk in the second, I like it better.

EDIT: WHOOPS, I said the second picture, I meant the first.

wow, nice with new clothes :) ...but I think it has to do with an older build..or then when I think about it: isn't design one of the first things you do when you create a game, so I don't think they'll suddenly change her clothes
well well :<

Weird theory: Maybe they are chosen at random at the beggining of each "level" to add replay value?

I doubt it. Its likely just them fooling with the game as devs always do, trying to decide what works best and how pretty they can make it.

That's weird=)

I think it's an earilier build too, but I still think she will have different clothes, especially since she won't follow you everywhere (maybe you meet her in certain places, and not just in a certain part of the game)

Mmmm, replay value. Then if you finish the game and play in super hard mode you get to see alyx nude.
:cheese:

Maybe she gets all... wet and has... to get naked...... and change her clothes... and wet.

Nice work Snafu! Second pic looks really old, like HL1-engine :)

Originally posted by Reiska
Nice work Snafu! Second pic looks really old, like HL1-engine :)

Uhh, there's nothing wrong with the second pic, just different clothes.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Uhh, there's nothing wrong with the second pic, just different clothes.

Uh, you blind? :eek:
Its horrible, compared to pic1. Maybe its due to bad resolution or something but it is.

Look around her, everything looks bad on second picture, not much details.

Originally posted by Reiska
Uh, you blind? :eek:
Its horrible, compared to pic1. Maybe its due to bad resolution or something but it is.

Actually you're right. Even the gate looks different (it has the diagonal thing). But I think it's mostly because the movie is low quality.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Actually you're right. Even the gate looks different (it has the diagonal thing). But I think it's mostly because the movie is low quality.

I think its from old build. I actually have both clips,
halflife2_teaser_051403_320.mov (old one, pic2)
e32k3-halflife2_pce32003_4dn_qt.mov (new one, pic1)
In older theres no splash when hydra smacks soldier in water, in new one there is. Also level's lightning is better in newer one.

(I could upload them if someone wants, theyre 20/10MB)

the resolution was bad on the the first one (the non-gamespy one). So she has different outfits... i wonder if you get to see her change! :naughty: lol

I wanna see the G-Man in different clothes... He needs to lighten up a bit

Maybe that's how she looks on crappy video cards? Just a theory...

There, now he looks much happier and more in his element. That suit was far too uptight.

Attachments

• at the g-bar.jpg
    at the g-bar.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 364
Originally posted by Private Snafu
the resolution was bad on the the first one (the non-gamespy one). So she has different outfits... i wonder if you get to see her change! :naughty: lol

its easier to see that its a different build from this screenie
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/e3/0515/halflife2/914642_20030515_screen024.jpg

EDIT:
Strange thing about that outfit is it looks like someone cut out/burnt the bottom bit of her top, dunno why shes still wearing it, muct have a stange sence of fasion ;) jk
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/pc/halflife2/0508/half_screen004.jpg

Originally posted by Chris_D
Maybe she gets all... wet and has... to get naked...... and change her clothes... and wet.

Ahh .. very mature :)

Hl2 will get M just for blood that spills everywhere.

I wonder how the original got a M rating, you couldnt even tell its blood from the sprites, its just red paint!

Maybe it was the way you could turn bodies into giblets, leaving bits of skull and spleen everywhere with blood spattered against walls?

Those looked exactly like chicken eggs kids eat for breakfeast, before they are put on the grill that is.

or maybe it's the same damn game release but on a different pc with lower details level....

why is there no blood coming out of the guy when the blue thing attacks him? Kinda lame.

It's an energy tentacle, not a physical being. It passed through him like a ghost to grab him with it's magical electricity powers and didn't actually pierce his torso.

so its a FF: tSW ripoff? nah, i doubt it. im sure its gonna be somthing else and it auctually ripped though him. who knows, maybe E3 has requirements on waht they can show? but then again you see that guy getting shot and blood appears on the wall.

Funny how nobody picked up on the most obvious explaination.

This is the engine scaled to a different level.

The water is non-reflective. The textures are more bland. The lighting has little to no direction.

Back