Another Doom 3 Review: 96/100

Does anyone know if a game has actually been rated 100/100 or 100% yet?

Tinneth said:
Does anyone know if a game has actually been rated 100/100 or 100% yet?

Well, Gamespot gave Tony Hawk's Pro Skateboarder 3 10/10.

So that much mean it's the best game that will ever be made.

I'm really fascinated by Mars and space in general. Movies like 'Mission to Mars' and 'Red Planet' were really cool. I think it would be sick if you could run around Mars' terrain for maybe a level or two. Maybe looking for survivors or something like that. I wouldn't be dissapointed if this isn't in the game, but it would be pretty cool :D

Feath said:
Well, Gamespot gave Tony Hawk's Pro Skateboarder 3 10/10.

So that much mean it's the best game that will ever be made.

Seriously though, Tony hawk's pro skater has become a cash cow franchise like most EA products since after THPS4. Anyway, zelda: OOT is by far the game awarded with the most 10/10 ever, so it definately has to be the greatest game ever created.

lans said:
Anyway, zelda: OOT is by far the game awarded with the most 10/10 ever, so it definately has to be the greatest game ever created.

Either that or Mario 64 - that game got plenty of 10/10's. And rightly so.

Best game ever, imo ;)

Its not that its the best ever....its that is perfect. There can be more than one perfect game.

as stated in the first Doom3 review, there are outdoor segments on Mars (you have to get from one station to another with a limited oxygen supply) - there is quite an impressive dust effect from the planets surface apparently - as for lighting, I can pretty much imagine it will play like AvP, built on atmosphere and dark silouttes vaguely illuminated by siren-lights or with your flashlight, your only decent source of light for the majority of the game, early movies I seen had the 'farcry' plastic-shine effect, hopefully they've rectified this. For some reason, the HL2 stuff I've seen hasn't exhibited this trait, yet you'd think the peeps at Crytek and iD would be just as informed with lighting as Valve, wouldn't you?

Yes!

I knew I got this 256mb card for some reason.

Granted it is a Radeon 9600 but still!

hmmm... is there a demo coming out? dont really want to buy it but it looks like its going to be a classic... its my birthday soon as well, so i could get it then...

NO! must resist temptations! SATAN IS TEMPTING ME!! arrrggh!!

*pant* i have it under control now... i hope...

i would probally get it if it had amazing multiplayer, but singleplayer is scary as shit and doesnt look that good.

The demo is due out after the game is released in the US

ShadowBlade said:
yay now everyone will stop starting threads about why theres chainsaws on Mars in the Doom forums :D

Why wouldn't there be chainsaws on mars. The first manned mission to the bloody place better be packing the bloody things otherwise there'll be serious trouble.

About a week left. I will be standing right next to my mailbox on the day its release.

Suicide42 said:
i would probally get it if it had amazing multiplayer, but singleplayer is scary as shit and doesnt look that good.

you know you want it :)

As death match goes, Doom 3 sounds as good as it gets. 1 v 1 is where DM is at \o/ 2 v 2 should be great aswell. Not everyone's up of tea, though.

imo the single player looks excellent too :) Come on, we've had years of crappy games like CoD and Unreal 2 - it's time for a title to remind us why we're into pc gaming in the first place.

riTuaL said:
I'm really fascinated by Mars and space in general. Movies like 'Mission to Mars' and 'Red Planet' were really cool. I think it would be sick if you could run around Mars' terrain for maybe a level or two. Maybe looking for survivors or something like that. I wouldn't be dissapointed if this isn't in the game, but it would be pretty cool :D

I've been watching loads of sci-fi films lately like Contact and 2010, I haven't even seen 2001 so it spoiled some things... but it was a good movie. Sci-fi rocks!

I love everyone here...planetdoom has to be my favorite for--- O wait...sorry, got confused...

StardogChampion said:
I've been watching loads of sci-fi films lately like Contact and 2010, I haven't even seen 2001 so it spoiled some things... but it was a good movie. Sci-fi rocks!

good sci-fi rocks, It's the crap that gets put out by spotty 27 year olds who still want to be Han-Solo and still think they're 14.

I think 4 player DM is a great idea because I love playing with my friends. And playing a closely knit game of 4 people is great. I hate playing with large groups of people/people I don't know.

96/100 and they cant find anything wrong with it...? Does not make much sense.

ray_MAN said:
I think 4 player DM is a great idea because I love playing with my friends. And playing a closely knit game of 4 people is great. I hate playing with large groups of people/people I don't know.
You gonna have to start using X-Fire again so I can come beat on you. ;)

daveodeth said:
it can have nothing wrong with it and still not be perfect.

... Well If I took a test and got nothing wrong... then its perfect... same goes for this...

Hmmm, tbh I will wait for the EDGE score.

We will see who will win between hl2 and doom3. I can actually see EDGE making a whole issue based on this. I wouldn't be suprised anyway.

I wouldn't really take this score for granted. Doom3 will be a good game, but I am not taking some random games magazines word for it when I don;t think they ahve any record. Not to mention the publisher sent them the copy before everyone else. Its proebrly something like this:

"wow, we better give this game a good rating so we get more earily games from this producer"

Also, if there where no bad points why did it get 96%? Hehehehe, don't get me wrong doom3 will be an amazing game. But this magazine seems to talk shit.

There's no such thing as a perfect game.

10/10 doesn't mean the game has no flaws - it just means it's a top game :)

(and I wouldn't wait on an Edge view - it's a top read ....... but their reviews have been lacking of late)

wayne white said:
haha there goes your game of the year,fanboys!

gabegtfo.jpg

SFLUFAN said:
"The bar has been genuinely raised for the first time since Half-Life. DOOM 3 is the best first-person shooter ever made."
For a very short time ;)

they may have just taken off b/c the game has a pretty modest multiplayer, but the single player is perfect

sai's 100th post on hl2.net is about doom3 :|

wayne white said:
haha there goes your game of the year,fanboys!

Seriously, Doom 3 Fanboys are more rampant then HL2 Fanboys. And i really don't see why they are afraid of HL2 when they bag it. Doom 3 and HL2 are both gonna rock. Grow up you twit.

As for the review

YIPPEEE!!!! 96/100 I'm SO glad i preordered my copy on Saturday (Lil pinky demon is sitting on my desk)

lans said:
Graphics: 88%
sound: 90%
controls: 93%

Trust me, that's what HL2 will get.
Because you've played it? The whole game? At Valve? With Gabe and Doug sitting next to you?

Oh you haven't?

So would should i believe you then?

AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!

I'm on vacation and stuck using this stupid mac to read the forums for D3 info. Then when I get back I'll be stuck without a computer for another week. So no Doom 3 for me for a while.:(

How sad.

Neutrino said:
AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!

I'm on vacation and stuck using this stupid mac to read the forums for D3 info.

How sad.

They make most excellent door stops.

Sparta said:
Because you've played it? The whole game? At Valve? With Gabe and Doug sitting next to you?

Oh you haven't?

So would should i believe you then?

hahahaha. :D

Was waiting for someone to say that - took long enough.

Although, I'm pretty sure many people will count the polies than look at the subtility of HL2. That's why I can almost predict it'll get lower - at least than D3 - in the graphical area.

tbh I think HL2 isn't as good as Doom3 graphically from current screenies and Binks. Not that its bad, HL wasn't the best looking game when it came out.

lans said:
hahahaha. :D

Was waiting for someone to say that - took long enough.

Although, I'm pretty sure many people will count the polies than look at the subtility of HL2. That's why I can almost predict it'll get lower - at least than D3 - in the graphical area.

Well everything i've heard, from everyone whose playtested the latest build of the game (Not talking E3 Hands-on Previews that is) The game looks just as good as it plays. And from what i've heard, the gameplay is as good as it gets

Not to mention that flashlight screenie released last week is awesome

Back