are you all kids here?

jocky68 said:
who said i was a man???
"This is the internet. If you do not state your age/sex/race, then you are by default a White Male 25 years of age."

So it is written in the Book of Pwn.

Actually I've seen the direct opposite. Lots of older folks enjoy HL2, not many kids want it. Well, unless you look at the CS community... but who knows the ACTUAL ages of anyone there... most of them act like 5 year olds that just learned how to drop the F bomb. (no offense to the actual good folks that exist in the CS community). I guess it really depends on what you consider "teenage school kids". I'm 19 in college, so I dont know if that counts or not?

the firs game i trully played was HL.... i was 10..... sniff.... good old times....so, how old am I now? (forgive spelling please)

I will be 31 next sunday, I am married, no kids, so all my loving goes to my wife and my pc :farmer:

I'm 14, but don't usually make references to that. Most people assume (right off the bat) that 14 year-olds are stereotypically like "OMGOMGOMGWTFROFLMAOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!111111 Jo0 R 73h $uXXORZZzzzzzZZzZzZzZzZ!!!!11 OH NOoOo0oOo0oO!!!!!!1111 WHY I BANNED?!?!?!?! TIHS SITE SUXXORS@@@@@@@@@@2"
Unfortunately, I have some friends that are actually like that....I don't like it when people only make people believe the stereotypes even more. I try and get them to stop, but they don't. These same friends even use the oh-so-annoying "chat lingo" that AOL spawned. That just raises my contempt for AOL even more. Alright, I've totally gone off on a tangent, so I'm just going to stop now.

Later,
Brad

Ï'm 18. I haven't got my father to play any games seriously yet although HL2 will most probably give me a helping hand. I have a friend whose father eagerly participates when we lan and he is something like 50. He always gets pwnd but he likes it anyway :imu:

in$ane said:
i wonder how it would be if Norwegian was international language :p
Horror!

I dunno, some people call people my age adults, others tend not to.

31 here. The realism of these games is pulling in adults that would have quit playing pong long ago. The holodeck is where we're heading!

I agree with poster, most posts u read sound like there from school kids and also in counterstrike, 90% talk crap, and seem like assholes. Thats one of the reason i don't like it.

Dragoro said:
I thought the atari had become obsolete by 86....

I have an older brother who bought the atari and kept it in good conditions. I used to live in a very poor town in Mexico so i had the atari till 'round 92.. then they took a trip to the u.s. and brought the NES.. althought i wanted the SNES.. it's all cool they bought me a shitload of games for it.. like around 20.

jocky68 said:
by the sounds of things its mostly teenage school children posting on this site, is half life 2 only popular with kids? say its not so....

Oh jesus, God forbid that human beings in their adolescent years would want to play Half-Life 2.

Abix said:
"This is the internet. If you do not state your age/sex/race, then you are by default a White Male 25 years of age."

So it is written in the Book of Pwn.

Haha, true!

24 year old kid here, looks like it's not just children here after all... but there are a lot of immature adults :cheers:

People who form opinions based soley on age really, really piss me off. I'm way more mature and intelligent than most of the people my age (15) and it's annoying as hell when people judge based on age.

I am 15 as well, and yes it is very annoying when people sterotype teenagers

Im 15 aswell and i agree totally that stereotyping our age group is annoying. I often find that im more mature than most 18 - 20 year olds that i play online games with lol.

I don't think anybody actually stereotyped anyone in this thread... but I think it's awesome that we have so many older people here looking forward to HL2 as much as us younger kids. (I'm 19! I'm not grouping anyone, I just have a tendency to call most people under 25 kids.)
I really look forward to having kids and sharing this kind of hobby with them.

Atari was cutting edge in 1980. Good old Maze Craze. What happens when you get older raised on that stuff? Your'e 30, at work, cruising the forums, and waiting with baited breath for HL2. :)

IonizeMyAtoms said:
I don't think anybody actually stereotyped anyone in this thread... but I think it's awesome that we have so many older people here looking forward to HL2 as much as us younger kids. (I'm 19! I'm not grouping anyone, I just have a tendency to call most people under 25 kids.)
I really look forward to having kids and sharing this kind of hobby with them.
Yer i got this hobby from my dad. He plays online flying games. Gawd i was online gaming when i was like 7 ( aliens online ) then i went on to bigger and better things ( half life )

Oh and all its bought me is a lovely tendancy to say affirmative in real life, thats bout it

I think our diversity is our strength! My reflexes may be slightly less then stellar, but i've been down many a FPS hall, and my experience might make up for it. But there are plenty of times when the young gamers teach me valuable lessons. If we respect each other, we will benefit from both our strengths.
*favorite Atari game: Yar's Revenge*

polypod said:
I think our diversity is our strength! My reflexes may be slightly less then stellar, but i've been down many a FPS hall, and my experience might make up for it. But there are plenty of times when the young gamers teach me valuable lessons. If we respect each other, we will benefit from both our strengths.
*favorite Atari game: Yar's Revenge*

You make it sound like we ought to be taking our brain medicine at our age! (lol!)

Yar's revenge, pfft!

Adventure! Now that was an epic! *cough* :bounce:

I've been gaming since age 5 or 6, started with Wolfenstein 3d... back on our Windows 3.1. Too young before that to remember more ancient computers though.

The general contempt that the maker of this thread had was what annoyed me, generally age judgement isn't a problem on this forum.

I'm a medium sized person being 24, started off gaming as a small person when I was 5 and will be doing it until i'm a big adult, whenever that happens?

I've noticed my gaming skills have gone downhill a bit since being 20 and a hardcore CS type dude (playing more hours than i'd like to admit). I think my decline of skillage is due to doing other things like work n stuffs. :( Still, I'll sharpen my skills up again with hl2 and pwn j0o all again, Muwahahahahahaa!!! ahem.

jocky68 said:
by the sounds of things its mostly teenage school children posting on this site, is half life 2 only popular with kids? say its not so....
You sound to me like you're just out of high school.

16, and I don't agree with the preeoccupation people seem to have with a person's age and maturity. If someone acts mature, and knows what they're talking about, what does it matter if they're 12 or 13? On the other hand, there are people that are 30-40 that are as immature as anyone. Our society treats children as inferior, and adults as superior, without considering the personalities of either. I could probably get some really great jobs if I conducted an interview over the telephone, but if it's face to face, the interviewer will most likely dismiss me in their mind because of my age.

That's my standpoint on the whole age vs. maturity thing. And to all those who post such things as "12 year old newb", etc.; it just loses the respect of your peers.

EDIT: Also, people, stop with the "I'm X years old, and more mature than Y group of people." It's just you trying to prove yourself by making others lower in your eyes.

17 here been gaming since mega drive as soon as i got my first PC (voodoo 3) the console days were behind me

anyone remember the Atari VCS? right before the 2600...

the VCS was my first game system...asteroids and breakout for days!!

oh yeah,2 months till I'm 29

Back