are you all kids here?

listen people i never started this thread to piss people off! was just curious was there older people into gaming hl2. all this talk about being mature etc etc is not what i had in mind.

I'm 39. This is the best halflife2 site i've been too. I've always enjoyed coming here.

I winced when I read this thread topic.

Sorry Jocky I'm probably from the same generation as you (guessing by the year in your name??), but you were always going to get flamed by a lot of our fellow members.

My first PC was the ZX81, I was 13 at the time and I have loved PC's (especially games) ever since.

I know you're not criticising anybody, it's just that in these forums we are all the same in my opinion, all ages etc.

I would honestly say that there are a lot of people in these forums who know an awful lot for their age. I say respect.

Respect to everyone who loves games.

I read somewhere that the average age of pc gamers is 26.

Maybe we should have a poll.

27 here.....dont care much about age as long as ppl can act mature its fine by me. I started with a Philips G7000 system with pacman...then a MSX...then first pc which was an XT with a whopping 4Mhz cpu and amazing CGA graphics and 20mb hard drive....those where the days...lmao...no online ownage back then...thats for sure.

i'm 18. and i dunno how you got the idea that if you go to school, you are a kid. lots of college students are in their twenties or older......

Jock, the "say it's not so" comment seemed like an attempt at an strange jab, not really sure what you meant by it, but that's why some people feel you insulted them.
End it! He/she obviously didn't mean any harm over it. This is why older people won't take younger ones seriously.

Why the hell are all these threads in the HL2 Discussion board.. Someone help me... OBVIOUSLY we are surrounded by kids..

I am 15.. But I act very responcibly.. (Mature)

Feh.

I think it's great that older people are playing games, I naively thought it was a strictly < 30 thing. Maybe I got that opinion from my mum, it took her 45 minutes to find the entrance to the castle at the start of Mario 64, and to make matters worse when Bowser told her to get lost she turned around and left!

this should have been a poll

twenty!

Dougy said:
You will find that mistaking all "kids" as imature is a very very big mistake.

I oftenly get people asking my age on forums and when i say im only 18 they seem shocked...

omg dougy's only 18!

edit: and vegeta's 15!!! madness.

incognito said:
I think it's great that older people are playing games, I naively thought it was a strictly < 30 thing. Maybe I got that opinion from my mum, it took her 45 minutes to find the entrance to the castle at the start of Mario 64, and to make matters worse when Bowser told her to get lost she turned around and left!
my mom was good at arcade games and nintendo. but for some reason she didn't like them. she only played them cuz i made her when i was in elementary school :LOL:

If you consider 19 a kid, then i'm a kid. But all my friends think i'm quite mature for my age. Why did they have to go and ruin it? :x

CptStern said:
btw the proper term is "black" not "negro" ..that was back in the 50's
Just shows how elderly he is :)

Raziaar - You're 19? Hmmm, never knew. Why would anyone really consider a 19 year old to be a "kid"?

I'm a kid, I'm 13. The first computer 'game' I played was math blaster I think, the first serious computer game I played was Half Life, thats why I'm interested in Hl2

Jack_Karverboy said:
I'm a kid, I'm 13. The first computer 'game' I played was math blaster I think, the first serious computer game I played was Half Life, thats why I'm interested in Hl2
Dude! Math Blasters! ****in' right!

Edit: 'course, seein' as how i'm 5 years older than you, you probably didn't play the old Tandy version that i did...damn you kids and your shiny new Kagigobyte computers...

I remember Math Blasters, it was a kick ass game. And the Jump Start series where pretty fun...and educational!
Tr0n said:
I demand presents!
/me gives Tr0n an ATI Radeon X800 XT PE 256 MB.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Dude! Math Blasters! ****in' right!

Edit: 'course, seein' as how i'm 5 years older than you, you probably didn't play the old Tandy version that i did...damn you kids and your shiny new Kagigobyte computers...

I remember math blasters...or atleast I think that's what it was called.

22 here.

Math Blaster kicked ass! I also played Reader Rabbit, it was so fun, you got to make cookies and ice them yourself! :p

I'm 17. I remember playing on the Atari and Colecovision... when my fingers were almost too weak to move the controllers and press the buttons! It was hard.... I remember Kaboom! and Adventure (which I never quite figured out) and Donkey Kong and a neat little driving game with a steering wheel and pedal (too bad the battery leaked in it) and some Frogger-like game. And now they're gone, all gone.... I can't even find the Giant Collection of Photocopied Game Manuals anymore. Why??? Come back! ;(

... so, who's played Number Munchers? I used to be awesome at that game. Mmm... prime numbers...

[edit] Number Munchers was better than Word Munchers :|
Super Munchers was better than that.
And the best Munchers of all was the one where after each munching-round you got to this other game. Like this lame memory one that I would cheat at by getting somebody else to memorize half of 'em since my memory was so crap that I couldn't remember where 4 words were hidden. (DEER is behind ROCK! FROG is behind TREE!) And then at the end you got to fly up a mountain while avoiding scary falling rocks!

[edit2] FREEWAY! It was called Freeway! Poor lil' chicken crossing the road....

Jack_Karverboy said:
Math Blaster kicked ass! I also played Reader Rabbit, it was so fun, you got to make cookies and ice them yourself! :p

Yeah that was great fun :p

Super Munchers...yea, my memory was crap too. The falling rocks pissed me off. I could never get past them. ;(

and Math Blaster, wow, what fun game that was...so damn easy too.

Then there was Oregon Trail, horrible at that. Everyone just kept on dying those bastards. Hehe, I only made it once to Oregon..just a Greenhorn there.

Then there was Carmen Sandiego, I kicked ass in that game. Caught that bitch so many times. :D

My favorite game was Amazon Trail, that was pretty fun, couldn't even get to the damn end though. I could never find those damn Brazil nuts. Now that I think about it, I sucked at most of those games. ;(

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
dude...who remembers Word Munchers?

I might....I remember some game like that that came on those 5" floppy disks. Think I played it in the fourth grade or somthing.

The Thing said:
Then there was Oregon Trail, horrible at that. Everyone just kept on dying those bastards. Hehe, I only made it once to Oregon..just a Greenhorn there.

We used to play Oregon Trail in elementary school with a computer-day partner. That's right... we got an HOUR each week to PLAY GAMES in school! We used to play Teacher because it was the poorest one but you got like a gazillion bonus points. Who cares if Judy dies or Bob gets a fever when you get a gazillion Bonus Points?! I think we made it to Oregon several times... just get in the raft at the end and avoid the rocks :D.

[edit] Ohhh... Yar's Revenge. I remember now. Maybe I would have enjoyed that game if I actually knew how to play it....

el Chi said:
Just shows how elderly he is :)

Raziaar - You're 19? Hmmm, never knew. Why would anyone really consider a 19 year old to be a "kid"?

Because people who are older still like to tease. And because I can't legally drink here in the states. Heh.

Thew!! Never Thought This Thread Would Go To 8 Pages. Enjoyed Reading, Bring On The Half Life....

CptStern said:
nope, there are quite a few mambers that are over 20, a handful that are over 30 and a few that are in their 40's

:eek:
yeah.. not sure how old u are compared to myself.. but yeah we would probably be lumped in a group i pressume :p

well its not suprising really primarily games are for kids. Im 17, almost an adult :p

Back