Are you proud over your nationality?

• Yes

Votes: 58 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 12 13.3%

• Total voters
HELL YES! Korea is the best nation in the entire universe. If you disagree, I'll not rest until we've invaded your puny nation that only has 1/2 of our population and a 1/60 of our military. :p

If you're from America, India, or China, I'll just launch some missles. :p

Solaris said:
This military supremacy you're proud of killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Whole cultures were wiped out.

I am not proud to be British.

Overall I'd say Britain did more good then harm, although a substantial amount of harm was done.

Now that the UK is steadily declining into a shit hole, I'm not overally proud of it, but I still have a degree of national pride, it's not perfect but a lot better then most countries.

I love my country too. I'm proud of it, but that doesn't mean I'm not able to critizize the government or the history of Sweden.

I love my tiny little overcrowded country. Sometimes I'm proud of it and sometimes I'm ashamed. Generally it's OK.

I love it here too. I don't mind paying a shit load of money in taxes since I enjoy a high standard of living... and besides... i cant fit more stuff in my room at the time :)

I'll be studying Game Designer and Graphics in Uni later this Summer which I don't have to pay anything for, just the student apartment (obviously), I dont even want to think about what i would have to pay if it was in the US or UK.

I also liked how far we are in technology. Something I'm not very proud of is our big weapon industry. We havent been in war for over 200 years but we produce and research a shit load of weapons. However... I do love how the Visby Corvette and the JAS 39 Gripen look :)

Okay, enough of the patriotism.

I love being in Australia - in my mind it is one of the most stunning terrain in the world - but she still has some distance to go with its international relations...

But still proud

Majestic XII said:
I love it here too. I don't mind paying a shit load of money in taxes since I enjoy a high standard of living... and besides... i cant fit more stuff in my room at the time :)

I'll be studying Game Designer and Graphics in Uni later this Summer which I don't have to pay anything for, just the student apartment (obviously), I dont even want to think about what i would have to pay if it was in the US or UK.

I also liked how far we are in technology. Something I'm not very proud of is our big weapon industry. We havent been in war for over 200 years but we produce and research a shit load of weapons. However... I do love how the Visby Corvette and the JAS 39 Gripen look :)

Okay, enough of the patriotism.
I just have to pay for student living.

UK's gov gives me the rest :E

Raziaar said:
I'm more happy having been born an American, than I probably would be a member of any other country. I think my life here in America has been overall much better than if i'd been born anywhere else. Thus... I have a fond attachment to the country, but I don't know if i'd say i'm proud or not. Proud within reason, maybe.

not to play devil's advocate but you wouldnt have a problem with healthcare had you been born somewhere else (well at least in countries with free healthcare)

also you cant say you're more happy because you were born in the US ...it's all relative to your personal experience ..sure being born in the US adfforded you many freedoms rights etc but you could have had those freedoms in many other countries. I'm sure if I was born in the US I'd be just as happy to be american (still would feel the way I do about foreign plocy etc) because that's all I know. I could probably find happiness in any country ..well maybe not iraq atm ..or sudan, afghanistan, sierra leon, bible belt USA etc

ComradeBadger said:

What about tuition fees?

ComradeBadger said:

Enjoy it while you can...

they take your earnings off you fast enough.

CptStern said:
not to play devil's advocate but you wouldnt have a problem with healthcare had you been born somewhere else (well at least in countries with free healthcare)

also you cant say you're more happy because you were born in the US ...it's all relative to your personal experience ..sure being born in the US adfforded you many freedoms rights etc but you could have had those freedoms in many other countries. I'm sure if I was born in the US I'd be just as happy to be american (still would feel the way I do about foreign plocy etc) because that's all I know. I could probably find happiness in any country ..well maybe not iraq atm ..or sudan, afghanistan, sierra leon, bible belt USA etc

My medical issues have come later. But I agree in regards to health care, I probably would have been happier in another country, like Canada. I wouldn't have minded being born in Canada. After all, its america Junior.

not quite ..we're less "shoot you in face if you disagree with me" and more of "we'll ignore you till you eventually go away" ..I'm pretty sure that's our foreign policy ;)

no but you dont have to be born in canada to recieve healthcare ..you just have to be citizen (or landed immigrant status)

CptStern said:
not quite ..we're less "shoot you in face if you disagree with me" and more of "we'll ignore you till you eventually go away" ..I'm pretty sure that's our foreign policy ;)

no but you dont have to be born in canada to recieve healthcare ..you just have to be citizen (or landed immigrant status)

One of these days i'd love to move to Canada, if I could afford the cost of living(what is it?)... and if I could have a nice internet connection with the outside world.

I am very much afraid of America's whole gun mentality, and our staggering crime rates.

I dont understand why people get upset about flagburning.
I also dont understand radical nationalism; last time I checked, the world is round.

swiss said:
I also dont understand radical nationalism; last time I checked, the world is round.

Well actually the world is a geosphere:cheese: (sphere made out of triangles)

Redneck said:
Well actually the world is a geosphere:cheese: (sphere made out of triangles)

pfff, the world isn't even spherical. it's flattened at the poles slightly.

I'm from India and i'm proud of my nationality and the rich and varied culture (one of the oldest in the world) my country has--- you could say its 25 different countries rolled into one.

Though modern India is just 59 yrs old, i think we've come a long way considering all our problems(especially our huge population which rapidly dilutes any progress made or resources added).........people were predicting a failed state in 1947 when the country was free of the brits.

During the last 15 years , i think we've speeded up our growth in various areas and young people in large numbers are no longer feeling disillusioned.

One thing i really like about India is that barring the occassional mishap, people from various relegions live together without too many conflicts.

The 200 yrs before independence were bad though, with all the typical problems of colonial rule.

Yes and no. Proud of most of what we did after 1950. Ashamed of most of what we did before then.

Personally, I find it weird that people actually have reasons like "Its a beautiful country." and "It has *insert name here* in it." for being proud of their country.

Really, I'm proud of my country for what it is, I don't care if there is a better place to live or free medicare or whatever in any other place. Nothing can replace my country.

Bwahaha. Right. Betray your country by not being proud of it. Dare to think different man.

Dare to think the same.

btw, where do you live?

Not if you get called brainwashed every time. *researches netherlands*

Population: 16,491,461 - less than a third of ours...
Military: 13,900 - about 1/60 of ours....

chief of state: Queen BEATRIX (since 30 April 1980); Heir Apparent WILLEM-ALEXANDER (born 27 April 1967), son of the monarch
What?

NIS said:
major European producer of ecstasy, illicit amphetamines, and other synthetic drugs; important gateway for cocaine, heroin, and hashish entering Europe; major source of US-bound ecstasy; large financial sector vulnerable to money laundering

:p This is my point. People are proud of their country, no matter, and sometimes overlook the bad things.

(I don't have anything against your country, btw)

Well no offense intended with the brainwash comment but reading your posts every now and then it seems that you like being brainwashed. Or that's just my failure of understanding sarcasm.

edit: I never said I was always proud of my country. Generally it's ok but if you dig deep enough there's always some dirt.

15357 said:
This is my point. People are proud of their country, no matter, and sometimes overlook the bad things.

15357 said:
Really, I'm proud of my country for what it is, I don't care if there is a better place to live or free medicare or whatever in any other place. Nothing can replace my country.

eeeh??? contradiction in terminus?

Yeah, well, thats just how I am. Sometimes I wonder about my extreme nationalistic tendencies, but mostly I just forget it while watching TV.

15357 said:
Population: 16,491,461 - less than a third of ours...
Military: 13,900 - about 1/60 of ours....

What exactly was the point in making that comparision? Are you really simple enough to regard population and military size as something to denigrate another country over?

15357 said:
Yeah, well, thats just how I am. Sometimes I wonder about my extreme nationalistic tendencies, but mostly I just forget it while watching TV.

Come on, you sound so serious, I can't tell if your being sarcastic or serious dammit :(.

DeusExMachina said:
Come on, you sound so serious, I can't tell if your being sarcastic or serious dammit :(.
We all thought he was sarcastic the first time we met him :( A nice example of propaganda Goebbels-style if you ask me.

15357 said:

Don't you care about life and family... having a happy family without putting your country first in your thoughts?

Back