Are you upgrading for HL-2?

Are you upgrading for HL-2?

• Yes

Votes: 144 76.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 23.4%

• Total voters
I don't think an upgrade is required with the presence of my Radeon 9700 Pro.

I bought more RAM, so now I got 512, and I bought a cheap gfx card (only a GeForce 4 MX 440 64 Meg...i ran outa money..hee hee)

Originally posted by OCybrManO
I'm upgrading to:
MSI 865PE Neo2-LS Motherboard
P4 3.0C or 3.2C
1GB of Dual DDR400
Radeon 9800 Pro (9900 Pro if it is out) @ 8xAGP
120GB 7200RPM HDD (in addition to the 80GB HDD I have already filled)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they make the 3.06GHz processor in an 800MHz FSB version... and a 2.8C beats a 3.06.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, that motherboard supports up to PC3200...

Lol, dude the pc3700 is for overclocking. No mobo completely supports anything higher then pc3200.

Originally posted by El_Chi
I assume that's with your old monitor and soundcard?

Yeah, and i'm keeping my speaker system, my CD/DVD drives and my modem, printer etc.

Do you think i should upgrade my sound card. I want to spend the minimum amount of money but if you think it will make a big difference...

It's currently a soundblaster live 128, not that good but will it be ok?

i'm just gonna use what i got an 850 with a geforce 256 it's crap but it'll run hl2 barley i hear if all else fails i'll try to use my bro's comp.

Originally posted by Animal
Yeah, and i'm keeping my speaker system, my CD/DVD drives and my modem, printer etc.

Do you think i should upgrade my sound card. I want to spend the minimum amount of money but if you think it will make a big difference...

The onboard sound for the Nforce 2 mobos is actually better then top sound blasters.

I dont need to upgrade thankfully, comps the don. :E

I was gonna upgrade soon even if HL2 wasn't coming out, for Doom3, deus ex 2, farcry, Black and white 2, Thief 3, max payne 2, etc

These should hopefully be coming out towards the end of the year, i just want to see them as the developers intended, and i love to be wowed by graphics. :cheese:

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
The onboard sound for the Nforce 2 mobos is actually better then top sound blasters.

Oh, thx for that, lol.

Are soundblasters that bad?:eek:

Originally posted by Animal

Erm... Not sure. Probably. I've got a 1024, though so I'm ok :) But as for the rest of my system... I'm considering buying an entirely new bastard with money that I really shouldn't spend, and then flog my old one to someone who doesn't know any better... Awful I know, but... Oh well.

I shallbe playing (yeah right) HL2 on my P3 1Ghz with 512MB SDRAM and a GF4 MX 440 (bastard nVidia) for approximately 206 days until i upgrade. Whoop!

I was thinking, do you reckon HL2 would be amazing with those e-dimensional glasses?

Lol, dude the pc3700 is for overclocking. No mobo completely supports anything higher then pc3200.

I know, I can't believe all these people now a days spending extra money when they have no idea what or how to overclock the ram!!!

The best ram to get for anyone or new mother board is

Corsair PC3200 XMS Low Lantacy 400mhz DDR SDRAM!! Its such good ram.

Originally posted by commando
i have the

4day old pc.

3.2GHz P4!! Newest OUT
19inch screen
5.1surround sound
712RAM
Gforce 4 TI 4600 ultra (gonna might get 9900 pro)
one of the newest pc's out hehe

Im sorry, your fully of shit .. there is 3.2GHz P4 altho you DO NOT have it, there is NO 712MB RAM and Im sorry, this is NOT one of the newest PC's out :dozey:

Originally posted by commando

don't beat my 3.2ghz p4 - I doubt you have that.
768ram (in the 700ram somewhere) - you said 712MB at 1st, now its 768MB ?
19inch - OK, make sense (finally)
5.1surround - Cool
gforce 4 ti 4600 ultra ;) - No such thing, and even if there is, its a piece of shit.
best pc out todate with 4days old in it! LOL| - WTF IS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN ??

£3000 and somethin - YOU GOT MADE LIKE A LAST HOOKER.

was a bomb but gonna last me a hell long time

Once again, Im sorry, but I think your the dumbest motherfacker in this community. You have no clue about noting, let alone computers.

P.S and even if it does exists (which it DONT), you got facked in the ass royaly.

Hey dumbshit, there is a P4 3.2ghz 800FSB, and there is 768mb RAM. You go to school buddy? 512+256=768:dozey:

Hey dumbshit, there is a P4 3.2ghz 800FSB, and there is 768mb RAM. You go to school buddy? 512+256=768:dozey:

Who the **** are you talking to ?

You?

Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz 512k 800MHz FSB | socket 478 w/ Hyper Threading Technology - RETAIL
Specifications:
CPU: 3.2GHz
Type: Pentium 4 Northwood
Cache: 512K
BUS: 800 Mhz
Socket: 478
$676.00

I dont know math? well I prolly know more math then you do, asshole, 512+256=768 and NOT 712MB like that commando idiot said, so get your shit straight before you blub some bullshit that you have no idea about.
And 3000UK for that system is the biggest rip off ever, like I said before, you got facked in the ass royaly by whoever sold it to your idiotic ass.

Upgraded Processor and Vid Card to AMD Athlon 2600+ and a Radeon 9800 (np)

might get more ram, already got 512 megs DDR, but might add a little more in. Will decide AFTER I have HL2.

Originally posted by Acidtrip
Once again, Im sorry, but I think your the dumbest motherfacker in this community. You have no clue about noting, let alone computers.

P.S and even if it does exists (which it DONT), you got facked in the ass royaly.

Acidtrip you have to be the stupidest person I have ever come across

Heres a link to set you straight... And please never post in these forums again...

http://www.intel.com/products/deskt.../index.htm?iid=ipp_desk_proc+highlight_p4_ht&

And I repeat, to not make your sell look like more of an idiot, do not ever come back to these forums.

Originally posted by Acidtrip
Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz 512k 800MHz FSB | socket 478 w/ Hyper Threading Technology - RETAIL
Specifications:
CPU: 3.2GHz
Type: Pentium 4 Northwood
Cache: 512K
BUS: 800 Mhz
Socket: 478
$676.00

Sgt.Igneri and if you ment it towards me that I dont know math, well I prolly know more math then you do, asshole, 512+256=768 and NOT 712MB like that commando idiot said.

First off, i see you edited the part about you saying theres no such thing as a P4 3.2. Second, why cant he have it??? Third, obviously your stupid and he made a mistake, in his second post you can read 768mb

Originally posted by ApocalypseNow
Acidtrip you have to be the stupidest person I have ever come across

Heres a link to set you straight... And please never post in these forums again...

http://www.intel.com/products/deskt.../index.htm?iid=ipp_desk_proc+highlight_p4_ht&

And I repeat, to not make your sell look like more of an idiot, do not ever come back to these forums.

And your point is ? I know there is a P4 3.2GHz, but Commando does NOT have it, now why dont you shut the **** up and crawl out of my ass you heroin junkie.

Well why did you say that there wasnt? You just edited your post to say that there was. And why cant he have it??? Acid, stop the arguing and go crawl back into the hole you came from.

First off, i see you edited the part about you saying theres no such thing as a P4 3.2. Second, why cant he have it??? Third, obviously your stupid and he made a mistake, in his second post you can read 768mb

How can you mistake a 768 and 712 (which DOESNT EXIST), you moron.
You and Commando are equally stupid I see, so I wont bother with either one of you anymore, go play on your P10 900000Ghz and 900001231GB HD with 4823784273GB of ram.

You just get stupider. Obviously theres no 712mb RAM. Its something called a TYPO... tard. First person to actually go on my ignore list.

You just get stupider. Obviously theres no 712mb RAM. Its something called a TYPO... tard. First person to actually go on my ignore list.

A typeo huh ... 768 and 712 ... there is no way to mistake the 2 unless you dont know squat about computers, brain dead junkie.

Originally posted by RabidMeatloaf
Me too, and it will be very l33t. No really, I mean it. The price came to $1,337.

lol, did you purposely try to do it? What are the specs?

No need. My p4 1.8 with a 9500 pro is plenty fast for me still, and should be plenty fast for hl2.

How can you overclock a 9700 pro to a 9800 pro. They're completely different cards arn't they.

i already got 1 gig ram. im gonna buy a new graphics card, too. i even switch from nvidia to ati ;). i currently have an gf4 ti4200 64mb ram. it's still ok, but the fx series are a joke ..

I have an AMD Athlon XP 1700. I keep reading user reviews that claim this processor is almost (if not equally) as fast as a P4 2 GHZ. Is this true in any way, shape or form? I know the actual speed isn't a 1.7, but a 1.47. But what does this mean in terms of performance? Any and all opinions are appreciated.

I already upgraded my computer from a lowly Celeron 300A to AMD Athlon XP+ 2400 in June. I had been planning on upgrading it for year or so, but seeing all the screenshots & E3 footage of HL2 sealed my desicion :) .

ill be upgrading soon. Basically new EVERYTHING to the point were i can play ~40 fps on 1600x1200. And defintely audigy2 + 6.1 sound.

Back