Attempted mugging!

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
So i went to a party tonight had a good time, left and walked my girlfriend hope as the gentleman i am, then carried on my stroll home at around 2:35 abouts. I only lived 4 minutes away, about 3 roads. So i finish walking 2 of the roads, and i reach the 3rd one, where i live...

I turn the corner and theres 3 youths with black hoodys on, hankercheifs over their mouths. I cross right over immediately to avoid confrontation...but as i walk on my side of the road they all appear in front of me, having crossed over.

The front guy says 'what man?' and puts his hands in his pocket, at this point i'm thinking shit! So i reacted before they did. I shoved the front guy hard in the chest into a car, and he falls over. I then sprint past the other two and down the end of the road crossing over, so they couldn't see me. I reached my house at the bottom and let myself in, unscathed. They didn't follow.

Anyway, these bloody street rats about just looking to mug people, dressed like that! Its disgusting. I'm angry it happened, a little shook up as it was quite scary 3 vs 1, and a little proud that i dealt with the situation without loss of property. Does this mean i have to get lifts everywhere!? A cab for 3 streets? Should i be made to feel unsafe in my OWN road or neighbourhood? Surely thats not right...

One thing I don't like about UK. Always seem to be muggings.

3 vs 1, eh? Good job. At least you had the sense to book it, instead of some grandiose display of bravado. So all is well with the world.

Greatgat said:
3 vs 1, eh? Good job. At least you had the sense to book it, instead of some grandiose display of bravado. So all is well with the world.
thank you, i keep trying to remember that it could have been worse, they got nothing from me and i'm fine. I've learnt if you want an advantage you gotta react before they do, so you're ahead of the game. So i did. Although i'm not happy these idiots are out on the street. At least all my mates are at home now.

thats why i carry my glock 23C and a wakizashi. those gutter trash ever try and steal my fiver i'll put two in their chest and one in the head.

Move to the suburbs ffs, the UK sounds like a horrible place at night.

gh0st said:
thats why i carry my glock 23C and a wakizashi. those gutter trash ever try and steal my fiver i'll put two in their chest and one in the head.
That is ****ing extreme.

vegeta897 said:
Carry a weapon.
But i shouldn't have to. This is the suburbs, i'm in north-east London before the greenbelt, in a village-like place, with direct train links to central London. Its quite rich, so theres kids from all over, e.g. hackney coming down to 'pick from the rich boys'. They woulda had a tenner off me (£10 to you americans :D) Oh and we can't have firearms as im sure you know. And i don't want a knife because i don't want to use one or seem like one of them. Its not right tbh...this shouldn't be happening.

Hectic Glenn said:
But i shouldn't have to.
Sorry, but that is a terrible excuse. There is no "should" in reality here.

But I see what you are saying. I feel the same way.

Hectic Glenn said:
But i shouldn't have to. This is the suburbs, i'm in north-east London before the greenbelt, in a village-like place, with direct train links to central London. Its quite rich, so theres kids from all over, e.g. hackney coming down to 'pick from the rich boys'. They woulda had a tenner off me (£10 to you americans :D) Oh and we can't have firearms as im sure you know. And i don't want a knife because i don't want to use one or seem like one of them. Its not right tbh...this shouldn't be happening.
Get a can of bear mace, that is how we do it on the streets. Although that is a weak brand, I saw one that went 20 yards. If you get the smaller version it will fit in your purse, right next to your lipstick.

So now i'm in the wrong, i should have an offensive weapon on me just because they decided to, yes me someone just innocent just wanting to walk home. Why do theses low lifes have to ruin the quality of life for so many?

edit:
Foxtrot said:
Get a can of bear mace, that is how we do it on the streets. Although that is a weak brand, I saw one that went 20 yards. If you get the smaller version it will fit in your purse, right next to your lipstick.

hehe, note the key words....This bear pepper spray is the best and most effective against bear attack. I know they are pretty moronic but thats overkill / illegal / ineffiecient / NOT BEARS! :)

Hectic Glenn said:
So now i'm in the wrong, i should have an offensive weapon on me just because they decided to, yes me someone just innocent just wanting to walk home. Why do theses low lifes have to ruin the quality of life for so many?
I have the same type in my neighborhood, except everyone knows who it is but nothing can be done without being called racist.

Foxtrot said:
I have the same type in my neighborhood, except everyone knows who it is but nothing can be done without being called racist.
That's BS.

Nice job dealing with them Hectic, glad to hear you're ok. You're right, it could have been much worse. About what you should do, either get a ride wherever you're going, or like they said, start carrying some type of weapon. If you just keep a pocket knife on you, and that ever happens again, just taking it out would probably be enough to scare them off.

Carry a fake gun, that look pretty real, clip and all. Keep it in your pocket, and well, scare them away with it. I'd be pretty scared, and wouldn't take chances if I had a gun pointed at my head.

vegeta897 said:
That's BS.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Just because someone thinks that most of the violence in their area (tee hee) is caused by a minority doesn't mean that there isn't an honest desire to fix said violence. It just means funding is short, manpower is short, but they are trying as best they can. Things are hard in the places I think you talking about, and the social problems are more the cause of violence than an apathy on the part of the police because of the fear of being labeled a "racist". But people are trying.

Dalamari said:
Three words

Piano wire garrote

Unless you manage to sneak up behind the people who are mugging you, garrote wouldn't be very effective. The natural reaction if someone were to come at you to stangle you is to get you hands/arm up, and if they got any part of thier hand inside the wire, you couldn't suffocate them. That all assumes that you got behind them in the first place. And that doesn't even take into account the other two thugs who would attack you before you could finish stangling the first guy.

gh0st has the right idea, as long as your trained and know how to handle the pistol, a CCW is the way to go.

iyfyoufhl said:
i'm seriose though, they didn't acually do anything

Um, sorry, but if three men with bandanas across their faces cross to get in front of you, then there is something shady going on. I think his first instincts were right. The "Flight or Fight" reflex is usually what keeps you alive.

...Or what keeps that fiver in your pocket.

iyfyoufhl said:
are you sure they were trying to mug you?
Its a good point. I didn't know them, i don't know any friends who do that, and on top of that, they were dressed in the typical mugging gear, and it was 3 in the morning! Its pretty obvious once they crossed the road what they wanted to do. I thought it was sensible to run considering my house wasnt far away. And its not in my nature to carry a weapon. I'm learning to drive right now, so once i got some wheels this problem won't exist. I really didn't want my evening spoiled so i just ran :D

Hectic Glenn said:
Its a good point. I didn't know them, i don't know any friends who do that, and on top of that, they were dressed in the typical mugging gear, and it was 3 in the morning! Its pretty obvious once they crossed the road what they wanted to do. I thought it was sensible to run considering my house wasnt far away. And its not in my nature to carry a weapon. I'm learning to drive right now, so once i got some wheels this problem won't exist. I really didn't want my evening spoiled so i just ran :D
i don't blame you, i'd do the same thing

Hectic Glenn said:
You should have got your glock from under your bed and went outside and went to those 3 kids and said, "Don't make me bust a cap in yo' ass." Then you could have road away on a white stallion.

Shamrock said:
You should have got your glock from under your bed and went outside and went to those 3 kids and said, "Don't make me bust a cap in yo' ass." Then you could have road away on a white stallion.
Why's everything gotta be white witchoo? ****ing closet racists.

Shamrock said:

Hector has a white stallion?

/me jealous

Hectic Glenn said:

Shouldn't be happening? Teach these punks a lesson, get the boys together with some bats and tire irons and teach these punks that this is your hood. We americans are very direct. ;)

Honestly, make an example for the rest of the hoodlums by beating the shit out of a few, showing them whos boss. If you don't like violence, contact your local police and see what they can do to get them to piss off.

Well i thought hand guns were taken away from people in England anyway.Some dumbass thought that it would be a good idea to take away your guns so only criminals have them.Mugging rates are high in your country i woder why. But on a good note you got away and the muggers didnt get a thing good luck in the future maybe invest in an illegal gun.lol

skarrob said:
Well i thought hand guns were taken away from people in England anyway.Some dumbass thought that it would be a good idea to take away your guns so only criminals have them.Mugging rates are high in your country i woder why. But on a good note you got away and the muggers didnt get a thing good luck in the future maybe invest in an illegal gun.lol

Thats what I think, but a wooden bat to the back of the head... delivers a much more clearer message than a pistol ever could IMO.

Hehe if that happened here they'd have been shot by now and the problem would be solved.

d00d ub3r h@xx0r skillz their lol! n1ce!

That's scary, though. So is carrying around a weapon. I can't imagine what I would have done in the same situation.

I wouldn't have even have had the problem. Everyone in a three mile radius would be dead because they were a thread, and I had to remove them.

Everyone should be like me.

Time for a little personal combat and defence training me thinks.

I'm not sure how I might have handled the situation, but what you did seemed to be just about right.

Carry a katana. If those punks see you carrying a katana, they'll be like "WTF!?!?" After all, you don't **** with someone who walks around with a katana. Hell, you don't even have to use it. Just pull it out like you know what you're doing, and scare teh shit outa them.

Back