...been lurking for over a year, time to give back

"excellent" (twiddles fingers)

-Very cool of you, cant wait to play with forum members :)

BigWalnutZ said:
he would need a ridiculous server and even more bandwidth than server power to be able to do that and not have evenone whining about ping/lag. The T3 may be able to do it, but i can't believe valves optimizations can work that well that a 64 player server runs well, on a normal comp.

Yeah, but even if the server suports 64 or even 128 players, the map might not support that many, if the new dust is like the old one then I don't think that the map will be good for over 20 people (10 per team).

yyyuu

I already played in a game where is was 27 vs 27.. so it handles that at least... it was rad.

Yeah, but IMO the servers that were 32 players in CS 1.6 were one gigantic spam fest. No skill, just pure luck if you got killed or not. I didn't like it at all.

Welp the only game that has sucessfully updated is COndition Zero (go figure, probably because I forked over $30 for a game I won't play). HldsUpdateTool is trying to update CS now, but I dont have much hope , this is the 50th time I have tried today.

The server is a P4 2.2, 1 gb ram, not to sure how many people that can hold. I just hope we get to find out.

Maybe when CS : S beta is released it wont need updating and we can get right to playing.

I think that the most limiting factor might be your CPU speed and your T3.

I have often wondered why so many complain about steam. I never had any issues as a client. BUT, now that I am trying to setup a server (started at noon) I am beginning to see the issue.

Most people don't complain about Steam for the server problems, they just complain because they feel like whining (most of them, not all, I HAVE had some trouble way back in the past).

Look forward to playing with you guys, good luck with the server bloody_python :)

his cpu will be fine, so long as its dedicated. thanks for making it.

DUDE...that's such a nice gesture,
:cheers:

/smsKONG offers Bloody_python a chocolate muffin and passes the duche to the left hand side :D

Just a shame I probably won't be able to play back in the UK, still you're East coast I'm West coast, hmmnnn, you never know :upstare:

ugh, cant seem to get the remote server (on the T3) to update. I started up a dedicated CS server named HalfLife2.net on my home machine, but it is only on a T1.

IP 69.89.169.26
no password yet

Can someone try it out and let me know if they can connect?
I have had such a hard time with this today I dont know what end is up anymore.

Bloody_Python said:
ugh, cant seem to get the remote server (on the T3) to update. I started up a dedicated CS server named HalfLife2.net on my home machine, but it is only on a T1.

IP 69.89.169.26
no password yet

Can someone try it out and let me know if they can connect?
I have had such a hard time with this today I dont know what end is up anymore.

if you need help setting it up feel free to im me (itssh00p on aim, john.shoop[at]gmail.com on msn) and ill help you.

it connects fine by the way.

Hello and Welcome!

(I didn't read the thread I just saw it was one of these threads. ;))

Welp, I think I figured out the problem. I gave up using the dedicated server package and I am just using Syeam to launch the game. I had none of the steam games on the server, so it is taking a little bit of time to download all the games ( after I figured out to change my connection setting from 56k)

Soon soon I hope, I really wanna relax

The winsock error you were getting was not a steam problem(I just went through this yesterday), its a syntax problem in your dos window when your attempting to run hldsupdatetool.exe on either creating a new account, or updating cstrike/czero.

Check your syntax. Also, the syntax in the origonal hldsupdatetool readme file is incorrect. Run hldsupdatetool.exe -? to look at the changes....

Your plan sounds great Bloody_Python! :cheers: I just decided to register myself... I shouldn't have procrastinated for so long :rolleyes: It'll be awesome to get together with people from HL2.net in a server... I just hope it's not jammed full all the time so I can join.

Are we all gonna use our forum names? That would be useful, but if anyone sees Kakashi playing, know that it is I, Sasuke.

hldsupdate tool would update czero but then it would try to update cstrike immediately after and it would hang.

Could that still be the syntax issue? I ran hldsupdatetool -? and believe that I used the rigt syntax (hopefully at least once from the 200 times i tried it)

I use Bloody_Python in online gaming, and you will be able to tell me by the insanely low ping, my T1 (home) and my T3 (office) are real real tight.

Almost done updating, looks like I might have it all setup just in time to launch CS:Source!!!

Were you getting a "winsock error 0"? This is what I was getting when attempting to run the tool for the updates.

If so, yes it is definatly a syntax or account error. One interesting thing to note is that when looking at the readme file, it has the secret question AND answer in quotes. When running -? and looking at there example on the updated .exe, it has the question in quotes, but NOT the answer.

Little things like that caused me all sorts of pain.

Bloody python you are bloody awesome! (Im not british don't ask)
lol you are so cool man ill be at the server once its up BELIEVE ME ILL BE THERE!

under this name too

sweet bro, I should be able to host at least 32. If I ever get it working.

The Winsock error is

Connection Resert, WInsock error 10054 "Connection Reset by Peer"

finally it is up at its final IP address 209.3.111.138:27015
Server name HalfLife2.net
no pass
32 player limit

Its CS now, soon as CS:Source is open I will switch to that.

Come teach me how to play now, lol

Bloody_Python said:
no pass
32 player limit

lol I've written the IP on some roach, let's just hope I get the server into my favourites before I smoke it :D

Anyone know how to let him make the running go faster? It's slow :p

Bloody_Python said:
Hello,
I feel like I have been a member here for a long long time, although I never registered.

I am going to setup a dedicated CS : Source server on a T3 as soon as the beta becomes available. I have already preloaded it on the server machine, I am just waiting for it to move to play games now.

I will be password protecting it and putting the password here for my fellow forum goers. I will also add the IP.

I have never played CS before (I played Half-Life Oz mod religiously for 5 years) so maybe you guys can go easy on me and show me the ropes.

Hopefully Valve will let us play soon!!!

Thnx man!! will be so tight!!
:bounce: :thumbs: :bounce:

LOL. Throw a T3 server in the mix and newbs will hurry to register and reply for a change.

Cool of you to do this. Now...as soon as I get my ride to go pick up CZ...

Bloody_Python said:
no pass
32 player limit

Thanks Python :thumbs:

damn dude, my ping is on 226 !?!?

WHere is that server located :D

wassup. The server is located in Western Maryland, USA.

How long we gonna have to wait to play source?

I will only be around till noon then I gotta go to some wifi installs.

Spiffae how was your ping? and where are you located?

I am kinda worried with someone pingin 222....

Bloody_Python said:
wassup. The server is located in Western Maryland, USA.

How long we gonna have to wait to play source?

I will only be around till noon then I gotta go to some wifi installs.

Spiffae how was your ping? and where are you located?

I am kinda worried with someone pingin 222....

I was pinging low 30s from NYC with Cable.

Back