being sued for calling some 1 a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt.Zen

Reaction score
Brett,

Continued harrassment from you towards any member of Clan Cold Fusion (ClanCF) will not be tolerated. I suggest you refrain from insulting us and our members. Legal action may and will be pursued to the furthest extent of the law.

Sincerely,
Jeff Love
Clan Cold Fusion Co-Leader
CF|Punisher (formerly CF|lpj)

and all i did was call a guy in the clan a noob

hahaha call him a n00b again bahahaha what they gunna do.... come find your house or somthing bahahaha crakcs me up... geza sounds like a bellend. everyone gets called a n00b deal with it tbh

LOL :LOL:

omg.. hahha.. is this for real? Probably some power hungry, 12 year old clan leader who thinks you can sue people that call you a noob online

lmao, dude that had to be like someone relatively important in the clan or something

i called the guy a stupid noob then i wake up with that and a supposeably real legal notice in my email. i dunno if they can do any thing but i really would like your serious imput

Dude, post the email address so we can all email him calling him a noob
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

What the hell? Gimme his email and I'll call him a n00b so bad, he'll start roasting chestnuts....

Not sure about the legal ins-and-outs of name calling, but last time I checked "n00b" wasn't particularly slanderous.

With all these lawyer drama shows on, every 11-15 year old kid thinks he can sue somebody for anything. They know nothing of actual law. I say you send him back an e-mail stating that you will countersue him for threatening to atttack your financial well-being in the form of a frivolous law-suit. (I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think any lawyer in the country would take up a case as stupid and small as that would be.)

Only a n00b would sue over being called a n00b.

Also, Frank's post = hilarious!

his email is [email protected] and hes is really not 11 hes like 30 some. if you play ns u can see his pick in ns lost. Its the pick that looks like he has a dildo in his face

Any 30 year old who takes offense at being called names while playing an online FPS game should really reconsider what he does for entertainment.

Mechagodzilla said:
Only a n00b would sue over being called a n00b.

Also, Frank's post = hilarious!

/me bows

Thanks....

lol yeah but i didnt call him a noob i called the members and some other ppl stupid noobs then he sent me that email.

ROTFLMFAO :p

Someone suing over being called a n00b is just so idiotic and immature.

Freedom of speech, goodluck to the noobs and trying to use the law agianst you.

it aint freedom of speech when you insult some 1 its verbal harrassment

Sgt.Zen said:
it aint freedom of speech when you insult some 1 its verbal harrassment

Call it what you want, it won't stand up in court. Unless theirs some insest retards running it.

It was already posted, and I already Emailed him with the subject and body being Noob :D

Everyone else do the same :bounce:

AudioRage said:
It was already posted, and I already Emailed him with the subject and body being Noob :D

I'm just about to. The rest of you should do the same!

AudioRage said:

I'm with you! I'm going to send him an E-Mail stating he's a n00byMcn00berson who should stop whining like a retarded son of a n00b. Actually I'm too scared, I'll wait to see if Audiorage actually gets sued.

LOL what a total sh!thead. Do it again man!
Btw fishymumma, are you from the UK? Cos I dont think anyone from outside the UK uses the word "bellend" LMAO.
I do :p.

fizzlephox said:
I'm with you! I'm going to send him an E-Mail stating he's a n00byMcn00berson who should stop whining like a retarded son of a n00b. Actually I'm too scared, I'll wait to see if Audiorage actually gets sued.

LMAO Im gunna use that too without the scared part

"Legal action" is threatened quite a lot on the internet, by people who don't have a clue. This guy is the perfect example and you'd be wise to show him this thread so that he realizes what a fool he's been by saying such things.

I remember when I was an admin for Jedi Knight2 on Blueyonders old gaming service, bygames. I banned some guy for being a moron ( I was a little harsh at the time but he was being a tit ) and he was saying all sorts of stuff. It ended up in him saying it was against the law for gaming servers to have "server logs" when I said I'd use them to back up my point. I have the IRC log somewhere.

The best thing to do to these people is humiliate them so they finally get it into their heads that they are indeed quite powerless to do anything.

come on man? are you stupid? if anyone took this to a lawyer they'd laugh in your face. you can't sue for something like that lol. you made my day though, you really did.

I've also been threatened with legal action after banning them from a bygames server. As a threat it was second only to "I'm going to talk to my dad/mum/friend who works for Blueyonder and they're going to fire you!".

Here.. he's a partial snip from the log.

<Veracocha13> i mean, he was the one who saw me baing panned by another player untill i luckily beat him
<Veracocha13> yobviously he would have realised that i would be low on health
<Veracocha13> yhe sneajks up behind me and kills me
<D33> If you were in a war... and you and another soilder were fighting with knives.. and you killed the other guy
<Veracocha13> cheap is justifiable
<D33> and another enemy comes up
<D33> would you say
<D33> "wait a minute, let me patch up then I'll fight you"
<D33> and if not, and he killed you
<D33> would your dying words be
<D33> "cheap"
<D33> ?
<Veracocha13> no, but he wouldn't "stab u in the back either"
<D33> Just because it's a games server doesn't mean people have to play all nice and friendly
<D33> well he would
<D33> it's war.
<D33> :>
<Veracocha13> well u just contradicted youself
<Veracocha13> therfpore i can say cheap
<D33> when I say nice and friendly I meant in action, not in language.
<Veracocha13> it isn't nice
<D33> ^
<Veracocha13> but it isn't always nice
<Veracocha13> is it?
<Veracocha13> same thing
<D33> m8
<Veracocha13> bring up the logs a sec
<Veracocha13> i want to see what was said
<D33> so I don't know why your still arguing
<D33> I can't get the logs now, I'm 400 miles away from the server and it's 10pm on a Sunday
<D33> I'd have to request them from staff on Monday
<Veracocha13> how long do they keep them?
<D33> forever
<Veracocha13> really?
<D33> well until they don't have jk2 anymore then of course they will be dumped
<Veracocha13> isn't that against the data protection act?
<D33> erm
<D33> If they don't have Jedi Knight2 servers
<D33> no one will be on those servers as they won't exist anymore
<D33> so no one will complain to admins
<D33> because there won't be an admins
<D33> therefore no one will need logs
<D33> so there's no need for them
<Veracocha13> i think so coz i work in the wiping of computer hard drives to ministry of defense standards
<D33> I don't work
<D33> what's your point?
<Veracocha13> they should be deleted once a month
<D33> I see
<D33> or else they'll be sued by some peon who got banned?
<D33> :>
<D33> Anyway.. I don't know what happens to the logs... I don't work there but this conversation is getting a bit silly and tbh it serves no interest to me.
<D33> etc, etc
<D33> yada, yada
<D33> good day to you sir :>

----------

"<Veracocha13> i think so coz i work in the wiping of computer hard drives to ministry of defense standards"

^ lol

A tit he is. let him know that too. LOL. :bounce:

A few things here Zen.
>
>1) I spoke to Jeff about his actions and let him know that the legal action wasnt very smart idea but it its still being pursued.

>2) I understand you are upset about being banned, but it was a clan decision. Which is sad because you used to act like a nice guy.
>
>3) Posting stuff like this on these or any other forums doesnt help you, clancf or other clans that deem it appropriate to trash us. As for you being sued for being called a n00b, this issue goes far beyond that. Harrassing my clan members is not "cool" or "fun", its childish and stupid.
>
>Wendigo

wendigo sent me this he is the other leader

You didn't create this thread to "help yourself" as he suggests.
You created it to humiliate someone for saying something stupid.

Which you've done. :)

lmao.. oh man is this thread funny. Gotta laugh at kids who threaten legal action, every one of them would be laughed out of court.. You should call the guys bluff, thats always good for a laugh cause they never can back up their threats and it costs them thousands. Great fun :devil::E

"<Veracocha13> i think so coz i work in the wiping of computer hard drives to ministry of defense standards"

Dickhead.

^^^^^
Agree w/ Fenric on that one LMFAO, thousands which they haven't got lol. Damn kids gettin too cocky lol. :LOL:

Sgt.Zen said:
A few things here Zen.
>
>1) I spoke to Jeff about his actions and let him know that the legal action wasnt very smart idea but it its still being pursued.

>2) I understand you are upset about being banned, but it was a clan decision. Which is sad because you used to act like a nice guy.
>
>3) Posting stuff like this on these or any other forums doesnt help you, clancf or other clans that deem it appropriate to trash us. As for you being sued for being called a n00b, this issue goes far beyond that. Harrassing my clan members is not "cool" or "fun", its childish and stupid.

That got me confused. "As for you being sued for being called a n00b" did he mean being sued for calling someone else a n00b? "its childish and stupid" Isn't threatening to sue people for calling someone a n00b even more childish and stupid than the aforementioned action of calling someone a n00b?

edit: Yay, my first post as an Antlion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back