Better then the HL2 characters?

DelaZ

Spy
Reaction score
8120s_Pacif0.jpg

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

I think it looks awesome... far better then HL2!

The eyes could use some more detail tough..

Wow the eyes are just sooooooooooooooooo high quality, sorry hl2 does a better job, me = fanboy 4 life.

Are you sure thats in-game? have you seen it in motion? are you sure that it is better then half-life 2? Did you expect this Spanish inquistion?

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISTION!!!!

Sorry watched Monty Python yesterday lol

the first screenshot is PRE RENDERED, also, the game isnt coming out until winter 2004, and it's using a modified Q3 engine.

I dont think thats ingame. Looking over Australian PC powerplay's exlucive of MOHPA and the other charecters in the screen shots that screen shot looks FAR too detailed. :cool:

Ok, it could be "PRE RENDERED" ...but maybe they are using some kind of LOD system just like HL2.. don't know.. just suggesting ;)

8120s_Pacif4.jpg

This looks cool to :)

Actually yeah I reckon that's pre-rendered judging by that second shot. I heard it was Q3 as well but then HL1 was based on the original Quake engine and see how far THATS come and modified. But I doubt it's in-game. And if it IS simply an incredibly detailed LOD, then that's getting awfully close to your comrades in arms... Don't ask, don't tell.

The Water looks nice in the last pic but the Tommy gun looks crap compared to HL2's first person models.
Sure it looks cool, but HL2 looks better IMO

Originally posted by NiteStalker
The Water looks nice in the last pic but the Tommy gun looks crap compared to HL2's first person models.
Sure it looks cool, but HL2 looks better IMO

I was just talking about the characters... IF they are not pre rendered ;)

Actually the engine is called MOH Tech (It's new....)

So does that mean that the face is pre-rendered or not?

Why would the face look that nice if the weapon model don't? That has to been pre-rendered. Doesn't he look like a zombie soldier?

Originally posted by nw909
Look at his eyes, they are fsucking ugly.

ok.. but the rest looks good.. and the mouth.. with those teeth.. look better then HL2.. me thinks.
Don't get me wrong.. im a big fan of HL2. But i hate those fanboys who you can't argue with... CAUSE HL2 ownz teh moh tech in the hizzle!
Just trying to start a conversation here :)

The thing that confuses me is that it looks far too detailed in comparison with that in-game shot... yet, if they were just doing a high-poly render of a character why would they not smooth the model some more and make the skin look sharper?

I think that is probably how it is supposed to look in the game and there are a few possibilities as to why the other shot lacks the same level of detail:
1) The screenshot may be on an older engine.
2) The settings are on low.
3) The weapon model is a placeholder.

If it wasn't going to be used in the game why would they waste time on making a semi-high-poly model and detailed skin (including bump and specular maps)?

I think that is probably how it is supposed to look in the game and there are a few possibilities as to why the other shot lacks the same level of detail:
1) The screenshot may be on an older engine.
2) The settings are on low.
3) The weapon model is a placeholder.

hmmm good points, but how about this:
1)It's pre-rendered
2)It's pre-rendered
3)It's pre-rendered :p
If it wasn't going to be used in the game why would they waste time on making a semi-high-poly model and detailed skin (including bump and specular maps)?
It's EA we're talking about here, alot of their pomotional material is pre-rendered

Dudes we are talking about MEDAL OF HONOR!!! That's a 4 year old engine, that still does an amazing job, but can't, and won't, keep up with Source.

:afro:

d_P

But if it was an ingame shot he wouldn't look like a dead guy=)
I say it's pre-rendered because of how it looks, not because I adore HL2.

Dudes we are talking about MEDAL OF HONOR!!! That's a 4 year old engine, that still does an amazing job, but can't, and won't, keep up with Source.

No its not :frown: . Its using a new engine called MOH Tech.

yeah, quite clear its a new engine.

Have an open mind please. The Mohaa team will have a huge budget for this game most likely, after all the first game was very popular.
They have more time to build this game. It is undoubtedly gona be a great game.

but HL2 still looks beter IMO. :p

If that's what it looks like in-game then the furore over it would be much more than it is. The other in-game shots don't look NEARLY as good as that face... More like that other shot.
And not to sound too much like a PC fanboy (although I am) I doubt that the PS2 or Gamecube could handle THAT level of in-game detail all the time - X-Box maybe but I am thinking aloud here so if anyone can set me straight then feel free...

The PC game engine is new while the console just uses just the old quake 3 engine. (LMAO to PS2 fanboys)

MOh series on PC use quake III

MOH series on consoles use own, console optimised engine.
The newest MoH (pacific assault) for console uses a complete new engine. Not the one for MoH: frontline assault.
The pic could be real time. The PS2 is capable of showing that kind of high-poly faces, it wouldn't be the first time that a console shows that face quality (shenmue for dreamcast had almost the same quality).

But it also depends on the face animation. and hl2 got the best one at the moment. I havent seen the anims for the faces ôf MoH: Pacific assault yet. Whats the best modelled face good for if the lip sync and the face expressions aren't good?

Yeah, I was talking about that with my friend. The texturing is definitely more detailed overally. However if you take a comparible character from HL-2 (like G-man) you would see it overally looks more realistic, even though it has less details. Why? The MOH guy looks too plastic, and his eyes are not as realistic.

The teeth and inside the mouth of the MOH character definitely OWNS though, inside the character mouths of HL-2 look like a mess.

Originally posted by nw909
Wow the eyes are just sooooooooooooooooo high quality, sorry hl2 does a better job, me = fanboy 4 life.

Err... yeah. Later in life you'll realize how dumb you are right now. Or at least I hope so.

Originally posted by =Coy0te=
No its not :frown: . Its using a new engine called MOH Tech.

actually its not, its using the Q3 engine with heavy upgrades.

Although parts of the engine are still based on Quake III technology, the EA team has completely rewritten the renderer to make the game competitive with next year's visual standards.
Gamespot

It's quite clear that besides the faces the new MOH game looks more average though... quite clear. ;)

Anyone who cant see that that is a render is retarded.

Originally posted by Mr.Magnetichead
Anyone who cant see that that is a render is retarded.

lol... if you are wrong, im so gonna laugh

Actually it does not seem like a render, why? You can see imperfections in the shape of the character's face.

Also, it's quite possible for the faces to be very detailed yet the other parts of the game look less impressive. Kinda like HL-2... except it's more generally detailed than this game.

That has nothing to do with whether its a render or not, thats down to the artists.

Just like Lifthz is saying, if it were a computer-generated/rendered picture, why should they have made polygon edged?

I’m sure that IS real-time.

Originally posted by DelaZ
On the screenshots there is a lot more to see... trees, grass, players.. etc.. So they cant put as much detail as in the soldier face.

Which makes it a render.

Fact is i'm not sure whether it is in-game or not. I'll have to see a real gameplay footage of it. But anyone being sure IT ISN'T is also as guilty as anyone sure it is...

Fact is though, MOH cutscenes are lot more detailed than that if anyone played the game and saw the intro. So that's what has me second guessing as to if that's actually a render...

we'll see.

Theres no way that its 'in' game, as in running around in a level in that detail.

It just isnt possible with current tech, especially that built off of quake 3 tech.

Also you cna tell its not ingame from the background.

Which makes it a render:rolleyes:

What size retard hat do you wear?

Obviously you aren't as smart as you pretend... RETARD HERE... RETARD THERE.. we are trying to make a conversation here... And if you cant live with the opinions of other people, well sir.. you are the retard.

Sure, it CAN be a prerender... but it might also be a realtime render... who or what proves you are right? Those other screenshots?

If you know anything about LOD ... you shoud know what i mean by...

"On the screenshots there is a lot more to see... trees, grass, players.. etc.. So they cant put as much detail as in the soldier face"

Theres no way that its 'in' game, as in running around in a level in that detail.

It just isnt possible with current tech, especially that built off of quake 3 tech.

Also you cna tell its not ingame from the background.

Er.... no I can't it's very misleading actually... it looks very undetailed, so is his clothing. I cannot tell.

YOU can tell because you're just jumping to conclusions.

Back