BF2 Thread

Axyon said:
Edit: Scratch that, it is on Insider.
damn, and just as I was about to quote you into oblivion!!!
just kidding :)

yeah, regardless I wanted people who don't have an internet connection as fast as I, to not waste their time on this big ol vid for no reason.

it's not worth the time/effort/bandwidth.

(just trying to help :*( )

I gotta say though, the sound in BF2 and the attention to detail in the terrain boggles the mind.
it's just perfect.

especially the terrain, no longer one color/texture plastered all over the world,.. it's like Hl2, but less "blocky" geometry....

oh... moving clouds.. I didn't notice that before.

I have two questions.
1) Can all three teams play at once or is it always two teams fighting each other?
2) How often can the commander fire artillery?

Honestly, I just avoid the Insider section completely anyway. It rarely has new game footage - just compilations and really hi-res trailers and stuff. I only really use Insider for the 640*480 quicktime game media.

The_Monkey said:
I have two questions.
1) Can all three teams play at once or is it always two teams fighting each other?
2) How often can the commander fire artillery?

1. theres just 1V1 in all maps.
2.wait till the game is out. :rolling:

They have hinted that a 3 team map might be a possibility in the future however.

The_Monkey said:
Hopefully they will be adding 128 and 256 maps also.

I doubt that. I think 256 players in BF2 is beyond current specs on computers that we have today without loads of lag.

I just watched the 300mb video and it was pretty boring. Too much of the footage is just of Assault class play running around on the ground. I want to see more persistant footage of the other classes.

AmishSlayer said:
I doubt that. I think 256 players in BF2 is beyond current specs on computers that we have today without loads of lag.

I just watched the 300mb video and it was pretty boring. Too much of the footage is just of Assault class play running around on the ground. I want to see more persistant footage of the other classes.

But imagine it! 130 players running towards you, you got 130 team mates. Imagine the battlefield! It would be awesome! But you're probably right, it would be too much for the computers.

The_Monkey said:
But imagine it! 130 players running towards you, you got 130 team mates. Imagine the battlefield! It would be awesome! But you're probably right, it would be too much for the computers.

You are thinking of the wrong game. If you want a game like that go and play Planetside.

Nabobalis said:
You are thinking of the wrong game. If you want a game like that go and play Planetside.
Doesn't that game have a 64 player limit though? Things start vanishing after 64.

Foxtrot said:
Doesn't that game have a 64 player limit though? Things start vanishing after 64.

The maps could hold about 300ish. It's a Massively multiplayer first person action game. Server can hold a thousand at least

Nabobalis said:
The maps could hold about 300ish
Not when I played (beta) if there were more than 64 players things would start to vanish.

Foxtrot said:
Not when I played (beta) if there were more than 64 players things would start to vanish.

Alot has changed since beta.Still moaning about air cav. Also it should be called Planets side

Just finished the 310mb video it had less action but the sounds were very impressive best ever in a game. It was awsome when he ran out of breath and you can hear him catching his breath very cool.

I just got the 1300 post YAY :O

EDIT: Do you think we will get a demo monday.

Alan Freeman said:
Do you think we will get a demo monday.

I've checked my cristal ball, but alas my young warrior: D-Day won't be on the 6th of june this year. It will be friday the 10th.

Sorry If this has been answered before:
Does BF2 have any night time maps?

Datrix said:

Nope. If there were night maps that'd throw balance wayyyy off. Everyone would be Spec Ops :p

If you want 256 players you should play Tribes 2 :p Way too hectic though. Hardly any servers run 256.

EDIT: Alan, I WISH the demo would come out...but I'm betting next Fri.

I've been checking torrent sites just to see if someone leaks the demo too :D I'm sooo bored.

Datrix said:

No, it hasn't. I've seen screenshots of dusk/dawn maps tho.

Oh well. I thought having having a night time map would have made things interesting for pilots, though. :D

Datrix said:
Oh well. I thought having having a night time map would have made things interesting for pilots, though. :D

That'd be crazy. They'd have to have a night-vision overlay for all views. AA fire and tracers would look SWEEEEEET.

Hmm, this is on my xfire -

hmm0kh.jpg

Is xfire getting an exclusive then? Or is that just a load of bollocks :p

JiMmEh said:
Hmm, this is on my xfire -

hmm0kh.jpg

Is xfire getting an exclusive then? Or is that just a load of bollocks :p
Not exclusive, but one of two I think.

NikolaX said:
hi guys, wow, so much to read in this tread.
is hi rez 10 min vid good to download?

and mirror on this vid http://files.filefront.com/IGN_Battlefield_2_Preview_Vid;3864400;/fileinfo.html

the 10min vid is the best, it's a preview of the game by IGN... my fave video next to the intro (bf2_op_high) definately worth the DL.

oooh, HIGH rez version of it, you made my day. thank you sir.

edit: seeing the video in higher rez, allows you to notice that each button that the commander has (abilities like, SCAN, ARTILLERY, UAV) refill/recharge ala C&C specials.
so I assume he can do them as much as he wants, but each have their own "reload" time.

edit:

Out of curiosity... who here has pre-ordered the game?
(I have of course)

Mr. Redundant said:
(I have of course)

Not I. I plan to just store hunt until I can find it. The Gamestop around here gets games after other places sometimes. I also might not even be in town for release.

Mr. Redundant said:

I have. Pre-ordered it at a shop which usually has games pretty quick.

I don't ever preorder my games...too risky, suppose the game I'm preordering ends up being total shit?

Mr. Redundant said:
(I have of course)

I've pre-ordered mine from gameplay.co.uk - I've recieved every single pre-order a day before release from Gameplay :)

Jeez, people over at totalbf2 are getting upset about bullet ballistics and how distance isn't worked in with sniping etc. They also hink that you can jump 12 feet in the air. Picky picky.

I am sooooooo bored right now. I want the demo STAT.

AmishSlayer said:
Jeez, people over at totalbf2 are getting upset about bullet ballistics and how distance isn't worked in with sniping etc. They also hink that you can jump 12 feet in the air. Picky picky.

I am sooooooo bored right now. I want the demo STAT.
yeah me too im pretty bored , i just went to best buy and baught Boiling point and it sucks. 800X600 low detail and still very very buggy and laggy :angry: Worst $40 i've spent in a while.

Alan Freeman said:
yeah me too im pretty bored , i just went to best buy and baught Boiling point and it sucks. 800X600 low detail and still very very buggy and laggy :angry: Worst $40 i've spent in a while.
take it back, and put the credit on Bf2!

Im in the same boat, I find myself strangely drawn to CS:S as of late... if for the mic teamwork above anything else.

Im wondering where Gamespot's BF2 coverage is.... one would think they have their preview copies too....
:(

Mr. Redundant said:
Im in the same boat, I find myself strangely drawn to CS:S as of late... if for the mic teamwork above anything else.

Im wondering where Gamespot's BF2 coverage is.... one would think they have their preview copies too....
:(

Crazy. I recently started playing CS:S a lot more too with my new mic. However, no one seems to listen too much though. :|

I hope Gamespot starts doing some previews or something because I want some more media! :cheers:

JiMmEh said:
Edit - Does anyone know what the final word is on player names? I've seen lots of stuff floating about. Some say if you change your name you lose all your stats, which would be bollocks. I'm hoping that you create an account under a unique name which can't be changed, but you can change your in-game name to whatever you like.

just saw this over at the totalbf2 forums ( http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=4550&page=4&pp=20 )

Originally Posted by EvilCookie
Okie dokie, I have two main questions:

First is about the accounts, lets put this to rest. When creating an account, is the name you choose going to be your in-game/stats tracking name. Then when you want to make a new name, do you need to create a new account? If it is this way, I'd imagine many player's names will be taken.
It seems to me, the most logical way would be to create one "main" account per cdkey/copy of the game. The player can then make different subaccounts/names under this "main" account. This way the player can change his name at will and still have his stats being tracked under one account. This will also be a way no one can take "your" name.
Originally Posted by Tal
With the current account system, the account name becomes your character's name. The only way to change your name is to create another profile within that account and start a new character from scratch. Stat tracking is tied to each profile, I believe, not your account as a whole.

wewtage :D

Back