BF2 Thread

Shakermaker said:
Very good preview. I might get a headset after all. Seems like that will be quite necessary.
yeah me too...

that preview was good :)

Looking at some screenshots I started wondering: can you enter all the buildings on the map? You could in BF:V so it seems logical but I actually never read about it. Does anyone know?

Shakermaker said:
Looking at some screenshots I started wondering: can you enter all the buildings on the map? You could in BF:V so it seems logical but I actually never read about it. Does anyone know?
:O dunno. i dont think so judging by the vids.

jimbo118 said:
:O dunno. i dont think so judging by the vids.

I didn't see it either. And I've seen quite a couple of vids. I'll still haven't wathced 2 of the 3 LRRP vids. Checking now.

Shakermaker said:

I sure hope not. There would be way too many buildings to allow entry to all of them. I'm talking strictly from a balancing point of view. If you could go in EVERY building there would be way too many points to camp.

Shakermaker said:
I didn't see it either. And I've seen quite a couple of vids. I'll still haven't wathced 2 of the 3 LRRP vids. Checking now.

Yep, you can go indoors. But not all buildings seem accessible tho.

AmishSlayer said:
I sure hope not. There would be way too many buildings to allow entry to all of them. I'm talking strictly from a balancing point of view. If you could go in EVERY building there would be way too many points to camp.
I am guessing on the light armor and infanftry maps all the buildings will be enterable (the maps will be smallers too) and on the big vehicle maps only a few main ones will be.

Foxtrot said:
I am guessing on the light armor and infanftry maps all the buildings will be enterable (the maps will be smallers too) and on the big vehicle maps only a few main ones will be.

That's what I was hoping for. If the map is ALL cityscape...then every building being open to infantry would be too much. I think there should be just a few main buildings and maybe a few random buildings (maybe for sniping and such) should be enterable.

jimbo118 said:
nicolax is over there and bolter too, maybe i should join? :eek:

Ah, good to know. @Nicolax&Kore: what are ur nicks over there?

And off course you should join! :cheers:

Shakermaker said:

ok i'll sign up later. :cheers:

Alan Freeman said:
Yeah i been there for a while it the top site i think for bf2 news and stuff.

Im Alan00000 there

I added u to my buddy-list.

Shakermaker said:

same as here :D

im gonna post more over there as soon as the games out etc.. :D.

still come here more tho of course :E

KoreBolteR said:
same as here :D

im gonna post more over there as soon as the games out etc.. :D.

still come here more tho of course :E

I've added you to my buddy-list. Just a couple more weeks!

Hi, I'm Augustus from TotalBF2 forums, I'm also the Lead Mapper for the Point of Existence Battlefield Vietnam/Battlefield 2 Modification ( http://www.pointofexistence.com ).

Just thought you guys would like to know the minimum internet connection for Online play for BF2 will be 128k ISDN. But there will be a fantastic single player element.

When BF2 was first announced it was announced as 100 Player multiplayer online, but that would have required 512k minimum. In order to broaden the player base they cut it back to 64 players online and 128k ISDN.

:)

Zodak said:
Hi, I'm Augustus from TotalBF2 forums, I'm also the Lead Mapper for the Point of Existence Battlefield Vietnam/Battlefield 2 Modification ( http://www.pointofexistence.com ).

Just thought you guys would like to know the minimum internet connection for Online play for BF2 will be 128k ISDN. But there will be a fantastic single player element.

When BF2 was first announced it was announced as 100 Player multiplayer online, but that would have required 512k minimum. In order to broaden the player base they cut it back to 64 players online and 128k ISDN.

phew i scrape in with my 512kb connection, that should be enough, 512 is what most peeps have in uk & ireland i believe.

64 players is enough anyway.

thx for the welcome btw. :thumbs:

Zodak said:
Yeah, 100 players would just be chaos imo.
Not really, if they spread it out over a large map it wouldn't be so bad.

Zodak said:

welcome to the forum!

its very nice to have you here!

and jimbo ill welcome you inna mo :) i just have some family problems atm, and i feel a bit down :(

Can't exactly complain about 64 players though, that's still going to be huge fun.

Axyon said:
Can't exactly complain about 64 players though, that's still going to be huge fun.
that was you over @ totalbf2 today right? :eek:

KoreBolteR said:
and jimbo ill welcome you inna mo :) i just have some family problems atm, and i feel a bit down :(
thanks, hope you feel better. :cheers: *hugs*

jimbo118 said:
get the new rig? :)

Yeah, posted about it in the hardware section. I forgot to order an audio-card tho :dozey: I'll correct that on monday. I can't wait to get it over here, install Half-life 2 (not so good: go thru all the hassle with Steam again), and see the game in all it's glory. I'm quite sure I'll be playing BF2 on full settings. :naughty:

Shakermaker said:
Yeah, posted about it in the hardware section. I forgot to order an audio-card tho :dozey: I'll correct that on monday. I can't wait to get it over here, install Half-life 2 (not so good: go thru all the hassle with Steam again), and see the game in all it's glory. I'm quite sure I'll be playing BF2 on full settings. :naughty:
what about your mobos onboard sound? not good enough?

getting an audigy 2 or something?

I just heard that the only way the commander can see the Spec Ops class on the commader veiw is to zoom right in. Also, when you are using the MG on a tank, you can duck further inside to avoid getting shot.

More random info coming soon :p

Back