BF2 Thread

jimbo118 said:
that was you over @ totalbf2 today right? :eek:
No! It was an imposter - cease all communications with him immediately.

:p

I'm looking forward to Enemy Territory: Quake Wars more than BF2, but I'll probably end up getting both.

I got this Delta Force Xtreme demo from fileplanet and I must say its a damn good substitute for BF2 until the demo comes out. Its obviously not nearly as good or as good looking but its very fun. You guys should try it out.

I'm dart321 over at totalbf2 uh, too. Now that several hl2.net members are registered we can move forward in our plan.

Operation launch codeword is "sphinx".

dart321 said:
I'm dart321 over at totalbf2 uh, too. Now that several hl2.net members are registered we can move forward in our plan.

Operation launch codeword is "sphinx".
yeah i saw you over there, presumed it was you.

*jim waves @ dart*:)

mortiz said:
I'm looking forward to Enemy Territory: Quake Wars more than BF2, but I'll probably end up getting both.

Well you do have a year of waiting in between the two :p.

<3

Gunner said:
One more referral for you hehe.

It works both ways. I also used my HL2.net referral-code on the TotalBF forums. Why I don't know actually. I don't get payed for it or anything.

jimbo118 said:
what about your mobos onboard sound? not good enough?

getting an audigy 2 or something?

Still doubtful. I'm not planning on using 5.1 or anything, so I might just go for onboard sound. Maybe the money is better spent on a good headset.

Talking about headsets: how many of you use headsets while gaming? And for the users: is it actually helpful? I tried it once in UT2004, but it was just a bunch of people screaming "owned", "dude" and stuff like that.

Shakermaker said:
Talking about headsets: how many of you use headsets while gaming? And for the users: is it actually helpful? I tried it once in UT2004, but it was just a bunch of people screaming "owned", "dude" and stuff like that.
i dont and dont plan too for this tbh. Seems more a clan thing, i usually end up muting everyone anyway.

I think I'll use the headset when I'm commander for sure. For any other position I don't think I'll use it all the time but I guess I'll have to see how comfortable I am with it.

I'll probably look into the newer sound cards but i think my Audigy 2 sound blaser is ok for now for BF2. It supports 5.1 or 7.1 I have Creative labs 5.1 speacker setup so im good.

jimbo118 said:
i dont and dont plan too for this tbh. Seems more a clan thing, i usually end up muting everyone anyway.

Are you such an irritating personality? :p

AmishSlayer said:
I think I'll use the headset when I'm commander for sure. For any other position I don't think I'll use it all the time but I guess I'll have to see how comfortable I am with it.

I'm gonna try it, see how it works out.

AmishSlayer said:
NS was the same, worked great when the commander could actually yell at people.

Alan Freeman said:
I'll probably look into the newer sound cards but i think my Audigy 2 sound blaser is ok for now for BF2. It supports 5.1 or 7.1 I have Creative labs 5.1 speacker setup so im good.
dude whats this about a clan @ total bf2, i pm'd you.

Shakermaker said:
Are you such an irritating personality? :p
lol, you love me.

Im definately gonna get a headset!

that means i can communicate better with my fellow squadies while on an attack or defence. itll be much easier than typing away....

i need a new gfx card :( atm i have GeForce 5200

KoreBolteR said:
Im definately gonna get a headset!

that means i can communicate better with my fellow squadies while on an attack or defence. itll be much easier than typing away....

i need a new gfx card :( atm i have GeForce 5200
I am guessing everything with a mic will be squad leaders too, that way there can be some real communication.

well youll only be able to hear the voices of your squaddies and your squad leader. and if your the squad leader you can communicate with the commander too.

commander can communicate with all squad leaders.

you probably already knew this

KoreBolteR said:
well youll only be able to hear the voices of your squaddies and your squad leader. and if your the squad leader you can communicate with the commander too.

commander can communicate with all squad leaders.

you probably already knew this
Yup :) It should be pretty cool to have squads report in to you as a commander, but I am probably expecting too much out of pub play.

ok i might aswell ask if he wont reply, whos a member of the hl2.net clan, freeman has it in his sig @ tbf.com, it says there is only 3 places left.

Foxtrot said:
Yup :) It should be pretty cool to have squads report in to you as a commander, but I am probably expecting too much out of pub play.

I'm thinking / hoping communicating by headset will work in squads, even when playing on a pub server, if all your squaddies are people you 'know' (from this forum for example).

jimbo118 said:
ok i might aswell ask if he wont reply, whos a member of the hl2.net clan, freeman has it in his sig @ tbf.com, it says there is only 3 places left.

Yeah, saw it too. I think he means us all. You're a member of a clan now!

think how many people from hl2.net will get the game...

if we all get together for a game, that would be cool. plus ill add you all to buddy list.

then get a server or something.

Shakermaker said:
Yeah, saw it too. I think he means us all. You're a member of a clan now!
damn now i have to get a headset. :p

KoreBolteR said:
think how many people from hl2.net will get the game...

if we all get together for a game, that would be cool. plus ill add you all to buddy list.

then get a server or something.
you never welcomed me. ;(

jimbo118 said:
not in my welcome thread.

have you made one???

i dno i dont go on that forum much atm, gonna wait till the game is out, but ill go and check it out :thumbs:

KoreBolteR said:
have you made one???

i dno i dont go on that forum much atm, gonna wait till the game is out, but ill go and check it out :thumbs:
yeah *sobs and runs away*

AmishSlayer said:
I want in too :p

I just joined the totalbf2 forums. Same avatar & sig :D
make a welcome thread.

Yeah, AmishSlayer, make a welcome thread. Mine's there too. We're really invading that place like it's D-Day.

right over at tbf2 forum ive added jimbo, shaker, amish, gunner and alan freeman :)

Shakermaker said:
Yeah, AmishSlayer, make a welcome thread. Mine's there too. We're really invading that place like it's D-Day.
yeah axyon is over there too.

jimbo118 said:
dude whats this about a clan @ total bf2, i pm'd you.

lol, you love me.
Its a clan were we join specific servers together and play. Not like a real clan clan.

lol

Foxtrot and Axyon joined in as well.

The invasion is going just as planned... Har har har har har.

Should we form more Squads i think 1 is good. We will stick together AT ALL COSTS

you better stick me on the list too ;)
i have a sticky over in total bf2 forums :)
same name as here , see ya guys.

I'll join that squad too, but i'm Australian so i seriously doubt whether or not i'll ever see you guys :(

Alan Freeman said:
1.[HL2.NET]AmishSlayer
2.[HL2.NET]Shakermaker
3.[HL2.NET]KoreBolteR
4.[HL2.NET]Jimbo118
5.[HL2.NET]AlanFreeman
6.[HL2.NET]Foxtrot

OK, who'll be the squad-leader then?

Back